Music

Discuss anything and everything in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Memnoc
Intermediate Crafter

Music

Post by Memnoc » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:56 pm

Hey PPL

I bought a new cd burner for my pc and I've been itching to burn a music cd. A lot of the music I like I hear on youtube but I'm unsure how to burn a music cd and how to proceed. How many ppl have burned a music cd and how would you make a music cd .

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Re: Music

Post by Savacc » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:40 pm

You probably have 3 or 4 programs on your computer right now that will burn a music CD: Windows Media Player, Adobe Flash Player, RealPlayer and something that came with your DVD/CD. Any of them will work fine and guide you through the steps of making a CD.

As to burning YouTube music to a CD, it is not something you are supposed to do. None of the above programs will do it. What you are supposed to do is purchase the songs you like from Amazon or ITunes, download them to your computer and then burn them to a CD. However, if you were the type of kid who colored outside the lines, then a Google search will find programs that will download music and video from YouTube. :wink:

Memnoc
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Memnoc » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:55 am

Thanks Savacc I want to make copies of the store bought cd's that I purchased. Being from Canada I'm allowed to make a personal back-up cd. IThe problem is I have 1 cd burner and I'm unsure of where too find the songs to make up's to my retail music cd's.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:15 am

If you only have one CD-drive, you can put your original CD in the drive, rip it using Windows Media Player or similar (I think it automatically asks you if you have Media Player open when putting the CD in), take out the CD and put a blank CD in and burn the songs to this CD.

Regarding YouTube: Many older clips on YouTube are of low quality, so if you want to get songs from there, you should seek out newer clips (The ones on which you can choose the bitrate in the lower-right corner; 240, 480 etc.) and choose a high bitrate before downloading it.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:20 pm

"Burning a CD" is simple, record an audio source to your hard drive, then copy that to a writable CD. The process is the same whether the audio source is another CD, downloaded off the Internet, captured over the airwaves or recorded through a microphone or camera. I use Windows Media Player too, mostly because I like to use Windows Movie Maker to create audio and video files, and I trust Windows Media Player to work best with Movie Maker, but the other "players" I mentioned above probably work just as well.

International copyright laws permit anyone to make a "backup copy" of any media they own for "personal use only".

Use whatever "player" your system defaults to (I can tell you how to change the default in XP, but dont know if it's the same in Vista or 7). Choose "Rip" to copy the song to your harddrive, then "Burn" to copy the song to a new CD.