Chuck

Discuss anything and everything in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Chuck

Post by wrackspurt » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:49 pm

My favorite show of all time. It's just totally my sense of humor with spies thrown in. If only spies in SWG were that much fun.

Anybody else watch this show besides me? In case you do, I really don't see what he was being so melodramatic about at the end. You date a C.I.A. agent, you have to know she's going to being killing some people. What's the BD?

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Re: Chuck

Post by Savacc » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:11 am

I love that show. :D
I watch it online rather then "live", so I havent seen last night's episode yet. Ill probably go watch it after I get through posting here.

What I would love to see is a Morgan-Anna-Casey love triangle, what do you think? :lol:

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:32 am

OK, that was a great episode. Im not so down on Chuck for being "freaked out" after seeing his dream girl kill in cold blood for him, then lie about it and pretend everything is all right. Then the scene with Morgan at the end is priceless. I bought it, I bought the whole thing, from Chuck giving her the bracelet, to him seeing his dream girl has a dark and dangerous side he hadnt seen before. I loved it. Especially since Sarah has been coming off way too sympathetic the last few episodes. There was her highschool reunion, then the Jill episodes, then her father. We, and Chuck, need to be reminded there is a dark side to Sarah and a reason to put the brakes on to any relationship between them. Because, let's face it, the whole show revolves around the romantic tension between them. Anyway, I love this show. Im sure I will watch this episode several maore times before the new ones come out. :wink:

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:20 pm

Yeah, she shouldn't have lied about it. And of course, it is about the tension, though I thought Chuck would be somewhat hardened after two seasons with Casey and Sarah, after having his sister's life threatened.

Casey/Anna/Morgan...omg. As if Morgan doesn't have enough problems between buying cars with the rent money and with him thinking Anna has something with the Indian guy. lol

Now we got to wait til February for the next one :cry:

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:25 pm

I dont know Wracky, the whole appeal for Chuck, both for Sarah and the audience is his innocence, his inate goodness, that he will always do the right thing no matter how hard or tough it may be for him. Now he sees Sarah as someone totally opposite him, horribly guilty, even evil, and totally ruthless. It has to make him stop and wonder about a continuing relationship with her. And what about his sister, she has no idea what Sarah is, does he want Sarah so close to Ellie? Like I said, Im buying it. It is not something Chuck can just sluff off and say, "Oh well, its just part of her job".

By the way, I dont think I have ever laughed so hard as when the gunman wants to let Sarah go free and Chuck shouts NO. I had to go back to hear the comments of the Buy More staff cause I was laughing so hard, then that "Its gonna be a cold Christmas at the Bartowski's" made me laugh even more.

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:42 pm

But what did you think of Morgan's complete Viet Cong style ambush on the second bad guy? Did you see that coming? I couldn't believe it. That was awesome.

But yeah, I guess Chuck is getting his wake up call. Actually, Al Pacino said it best in The Recruit: "It's what we do, not who we are. We decided who we are." Me, of course, I like femme fatales, the meaner the better so I guess I have a hard time relating to Chuck on that issue. Give me a female KGB assassin any day.

You know, it's probably a damn good thing he doesn't actually know what's in the Intersect, only gets his flashes cuz if he knew ALL their dirty secrets, he'd be seriously troubled.