Pre CU?

Discuss anything and everything in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Dimmih
Novice Crafter

Re: Pre CU?

Post by Dimmih » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:54 am

If you compare the downside to having a que combat style versus the downside of no durability loss more or less killing the need to visit a crafter more than once, I'd take the que, maybe thats just cause I'm a crafter at heart, not a killer ;)
<DDE> Dimmih's Droid Emporium
On Europe-Farstar visit my shop in Free Sands (Tatooine)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:07 am

I am not sure it is that much of a problem anymore. It has been a problem all the time from Nov 15, 2005, yes, but the last year things are added that kind of makes for a steady stream of customers anyway, at least on the weapon-side. Bio-linked is not that evil if your a well-stocked crafter 8)

And I still remember my very first Scythe, very careful with repairing it, only 99.9999+ repair tool, the best WS available buffed up over his ears. Still almost broken in a bad repair, one of those random happenings :(

We all have such experiences from decay plus randomness. Or the one time of 20 you forgot to pay your insurance before rushing back to the combat. And ... killed by a womp-rat on my way out of the cloner :(

/Zimoon

Dimmih
Novice Crafter

Post by Dimmih » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:36 pm

I'm not saying the system was perfect, far from it, but the bugs aside I liked that system alot more than this, and yes, new items added brings more buyers, but thats a temporary thing, once everyone has one I doubt we'll see the same amount of customers, and from what I've read SOE isn't planning on adding much more content for classes, or maybe this is something I've just misunderstood
<DDE> Dimmih's Droid Emporium
On Europe-Farstar visit my shop in Free Sands (Tatooine)

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:42 pm

I have never bought the "bring back decay or crafting is dead" arguments. I have been an Architect and Shipwright since the beginning of the game. Buildings and furniture never decayed, yet architects have always had markets in this game. Ship decay was very short lived and there was an exploit that allowed you to get past it while decay did exist. Shipwrights still made out well.

This game has been very good at introducing new things that make people want to go out and buy the latest and best.