Nova

A board for general discussion of the various SWG Emulators

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Swedishoyster
Intermediate Crafter

Nova

Post by Swedishoyster » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:06 pm

How is Nova handled here on swgcraft? The server is reseted from time to time, as I understand it, is the database here reseted as well?
Since we get unlimited "a crate of free resources" I pick top resources by searching here and I saw quite a few resources in the swgcraft database that wasn't in the free resource list and vice versa.

I'll be more than happy to to sit down and try to update that if needed. But how do i delete a resource that was from before the last reset?
Sork Inc. Perdition, Dantooine
Hunterella, Architect/Armorsmith - Sorkella, Ranger/Riflewoman
Snufsan, Tailor/Chef/x - Healerella, Doctor
Bimborella, Swordswoman/Medic - Sniperella, Rifle/BE

Sobuno
Developer

Re: Nova

Post by Sobuno » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:47 pm

This is the closest to an answer I can give you: http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread ... t=swgcraft

Swedishoyster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Swedishoyster » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:14 pm

I see, hm...

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:03 am

Sobuno I have been meaning to ask you the same question. They screwed up over there after the last wipe. I tried to tell them they screwed up, but they wouldnt listen and kept closing any thread I made on the subject.

Our database from before the wipe, sometime last Nov, is no longer valid. I didnt say anything here, because they should have corrected it and brought back the old resources. Now it is too late. I dont know if we timestamp the resource entries in the Nova database? Would it be possible to remove all entries made before the wipe and make a new database of only resources reported since the wipe in Nov? If not, what are some other options to make our database for TC Nova accurate again?

I asked if they would let us and GH "mine" their data from TC so we could give everyone a useful and accurate tool to work with again. They said no and closed the thread.

Basically no one over there cares, and I decided I dont care either. But Swedishoyster has asked, he seems like a decent guy, so is there something we can do?

The date of the wipe was 11-11-2012

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:38 pm

All resources on TC: Nova from before 2012-11-11 00:00:00 have now been moved to TC: Nova (Pre-Wipe)

Swedishoyster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Swedishoyster » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:16 pm

/hug

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:03 pm

You are awesome Sobuno.

Since I have been a Mod here for many years now, I have a different perspective on posting on other gaming forums. Before I hit the "post" button I reread my posts and ask, "If this were posted on SWGCraft by someone else, would I feel the need to edit or delete it?" If the answer is yes, I dont post it. That is the situation I found myself in on SWGEmu's forums after that wipe on TC Nova in Nov. I was sure they were wrong (including 0nyx), after talking to Kyle I had proof they were wrong, but I couldnt post it without being overly confrontational and personal. So I would just delete my posts and walk away each time.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:45 pm

Savacc wrote:You are awesome Sobuno.

Since I have been a Mod here for many years now, I have a different perspective on posting on other gaming forums. Before I hit the "post" button I reread my posts and ask, "If this were posted on SWGCraft by someone else, would I feel the need to edit or delete it?" If the answer is yes, I dont post it. That is the situation I found myself in on SWGEmu's forums after that wipe on TC Nova in Nov. I was sure they were wrong (including 0nyx), after talking to Kyle I had proof they were wrong, but I couldnt post it without being overly confrontational and personal. So I would just delete my posts and walk away each time.
Yeah, I did see the post you wrote over there about deleting your post every time, but finally managing to not spew too much vitriol... I keep a very close eye on any mention of SWGCraft over there as well as on the part of the internet indexed by Google, I just don't tend to do anything unless it is posted here.