Critters

A board for general discussion of the various SWG Emulators

Moderator: Forum Moderator

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Critters

Post by wrackspurt » Wed May 30, 2012 9:20 am

Okay seriously, what is with bobcatts and other critters (not to mention the occasional krayt) hunting people down in the streets? Is this a bug or is this the devs idea of humor? Any chance they'll be shortening the leashes on these things?

Sobuno
Developer

Re: Critters

Post by Sobuno » Wed May 30, 2012 9:56 am

I remember one of the devs mentioned on IRC something about the retreat feature being disabled because it had caused all kind of weird bugs, so that is probably the reason.

NaeBliss
Apprentice Crafter

Post by NaeBliss » Wed May 30, 2012 1:24 pm

As far as i know it will be fixed on 11 th june, after the wipe it should be OK.

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Thu May 31, 2012 11:40 pm

Hehe that was my welcome to the EMU, I stepped outside Mos Eisley Starport and straight into the jaws of a Krayt a truly WTF moment.

Tawra
Novice Crafter

Post by Tawra » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:52 pm

wrackspurt wrote:Okay seriously, what is with bobcatts and other critters (not to mention the occasional krayt) hunting people down in the streets? Is this a bug or is this the devs idea of humor? Any chance they'll be shortening the leashes on these things?
Its a bug, related to the incomplete AI code.

Basically, mobs on Basilisk arent "rubberbanding" back to their lair when they get too far from it the way they should be.

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:44 am

What's interesting is I had a bobcatt following me a distance for awhile, staying about 10-20 meters back the whole time. When I stopped, he stopped. Then I get to the spaceport, figuring I'll just go back to Moenia where there's less critters, and he kills me as I'm waiting for the ship. Then I revive, and he kills me again.

Memnoc
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Memnoc » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:51 pm

Hows everyone doing and hows the emu running. I'm excited that it maybe done and updated by the end of the year. That will give me time to finish my new Gaming rig.

I've been reading some info that housing and vendors are in and other small items and one of the dev's got hit by a car I hope she's doing well.

Mike