First!

A board for general discussion of the various SWG Emulators

Moderator: Forum Moderator

orad
Novice Crafter

First!

Post by orad » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:04 pm

Had to do it :)

I am glad this is going to be supporting EMU now.. I plan on playing it more in the near future.

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Re: First!

Post by Monty Burns » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:03 pm

orad wrote:Had to do it :)

I am glad this is going to be supporting EMU now.. I plan on playing it more in the near future.
Yeah my return will be slow but hopefully I will get interested soon.

Memnoc
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Memnoc » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:33 am

How different is it supporting the swgemu then starwars galaxies. What has to be done different when coding

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:30 am

Memnoc wrote:How different is it supporting the swgemu then starwars galaxies. What has to be done different when coding
The problem with emulators is that a lot of different versions of the game can pop up. The most famous one currently is SWGEmu, which is pre-CU (I can't remember the exact publish they are aiming to mimick though), but I have heard from other groups too wishing to emulate other versions (NGE for example, or post-CU... Or really just another publish), so in a perfect world for them, the site would have to support different versions for different emulators; some resource types (Geothermal) were added after the publishes SWGEmu seeks to emulate, the same goes for a lot of schematics too. The Harvester Calculator has too many features regarding Expertise (Which did not exist pre-CU) and the skills would need to be structured in a different way behind-the-scenes.

For now, I am not going to change much though as I want to see whether anyone will actually use the site + I do not have the amount of spare time I used to have anymore.

Memnoc
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Memnoc » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:20 am

I got everything running on SWGEmu. I see 3 servers..........test server and 2 other servers. Is that correct

Banzai
Novice Crafter

Post by Banzai » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:18 am

Correct. Liberator is the play server, albeit with older code. TC-Nova is the test server, expect wipes and blue frogs. STM is also a less used test server.

orad
Novice Crafter

Post by orad » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:11 am

You could probably concentrate on Liberator for now..

Memnoc
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Memnoc » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:51 pm

I made a character name is Gozza. I'm surprised how little of the swgemu is complete after so long. Alot of things are missiing from swg and its been almost 6 years since swgemu started.

jedimonkeylizard
Novice Crafter

Post by jedimonkeylizard » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:14 pm

Memnoc wrote:I made a character name is Gozza. I'm surprised how little of the swgemu is complete after so long. Alot of things are missiing from swg and its been almost 6 years since swgemu started.
The Emu dev's favorite reply to that comment is :"we are doing this part time and for free...we'll get around to it when we get around to it."

No JTL
Wind and Solar power harvesters don't work...and you can't hand sample wind or solar currently.
They patched in the 1m Unit Crates for Resources...but they have not gotten around to Bio Eng or Ch working.

We are looking at Pre-JTL SW:G.

No housing
No Player Cities
No Vendors
Bazaars are buggy and don't register what you're trying to sell.
Incomplete Themeparks (Nyms/Jabba/Valarian/Gungan/Imperial/Rebel)
It's in worse shape than SW:G was in Beta.

Memnoc
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Memnoc » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:28 pm

Yeah that's what I've been hearing, the fire has burnt out it seems. That happens the longer it takes to do something...peoples interest disappears and they move on. Some good news tho we have to keep an eye on SOE new mmo which I'm sure they are working on.

Memnoc
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Memnoc » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:42 pm

Sobuno wrote:
Memnoc wrote:How different is it supporting the swgemu then starwars galaxies. What has to be done different when coding
The problem with emulators is that a lot of different versions of the game can pop up. The most famous one currently is SWGEmu, which is pre-CU (I can't remember the exact publish they are aiming to mimick though), but I have heard from other groups too wishing to emulate other versions (NGE for example, or post-CU... Or really just another publish), so in a perfect world for them, the site would have to support different versions for different emulators; some resource types (Geothermal) were added after the publishes SWGEmu seeks to emulate, the same goes for a lot of schematics too. The Harvester Calculator has too many features regarding Expertise (Which did not exist pre-CU) and the skills would need to be structured in a different way behind-the-scenes.

For now, I am not going to change much though as I want to see whether anyone will actually use the site + I do not have the amount of spare time I used to have anymore.
Its awesome that swgcraft was about to have a crafting site like this as a archive for the swg players to use even if it is swgemu now.

Gawo
Novice Crafter

Post by Gawo » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:39 am

Wow a idea go full circle :)
SWG Emulator: Will this keep SWGCrafting Project going? http://www.swgcraft.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2876

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:08 am

Gawo wrote:Wow a idea go full circle :)
SWG Emulator: Will this keep SWGCrafting Project going? http://www.swgcraft.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2876
Heh, actually I started the discussion on the Moderator forum the day after it was announced that SWG was shutting down :P

gosh
Novice Crafter

Post by gosh » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:16 am

FYI on SWGEmu: The Liberator server is running an outdated version of SWGEmu. It has been left solely for people to play a albeit buggy version of SWG. A couple years ago they stopped working on that version of SWGE, and started from scratch, in a new system that allowed them to develop the game better considering all the work was done online. This new code has been updated pretty constantly and can be found on TC Nova. However, TC Nova is run like a real Test Center, and gets wiped rather frequently. But it is running the new code and is a much more accurate representation to what SWGEmu is like.

All in all, don't base your opinion of SWGEmu on old buggy code that hasn't been updated. =D

PS: The plan is to eventually wipe Liberator completely, and TC Nova will get turned into the new won't-be-wiped server. No exact date when that will happen, but it's looking like soonish.
PPS: I'm not a part of SWGEmu btw. Just someone who's been following it for freaking years >.<
PPPS: Great to see SWGCraft is still around and kicking!!
Dimon Exi Master SW/GE Gosh Krux Master Mando
Phlimey Ogatoo Master Chef/Tailor Samirah Lightmist Noob Medic
Fanntom Monstar Master Munitions Niivah Notion Master Entertainer
Rawrgle Flakes Master DE Krushim Noob BH/BM

Memnoc
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Memnoc » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:30 am

How long will the swgemu last until it fades into oblivion. Its been six years since the swgemu started they maybe done at the end of this year but who can say. Myself I'd like to see this forum gain new life and change into the Archagecraft.

I hope those on this forum would back that idea