SWGAide v0.7.33 Beta

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:56 pm

I have rewritten the help text (F1) for ISDroids, it will read like this in a future upgrade:
Write 3 & 4 to <file> writes the content of lists 3 and 4 to the specified file (default is "res.txt"). That file can be opened in the in-game Notepad by the command /note res (notice that the file ending is not typed in the command) Currently the text looks like (which will change with the next upgrade):

Code: Select all

Gorath / Lok 1197207193000
swgcraft_start
Alpha,Desh Copper,
Betha,Colat Iron,
swgcraft_end

Gorath / Tatooine 1197207193000
swgcraft_start
Alpha,Desh Copper,12,34,56,78,90,123,345,567,789
Delta,Dolovite Iron,90,89,78,67,56,45,34,23
swgcraft_end
You will find one such blob for each ISDroid report. The first line reads the galaxy, the planet and the computer time of the report. The rest, while in game, fill in the stats for one resource after another after the comma sign, each stat delimited by a comma (no spaces nor trailing comma), in the order they are read in game, such as in the second blob above.

When all resources are done, go to http://www.SWGCraft.co.uk, at the bottom of the "Current Resources" page for the proper planet you will find a text field named "Add resources for galaxy/planet". In SWGAide, at the notes file view, find "res.txt", copy everything between and including the lines swgcraft_start / swgcraft_end. Paste into the text field at SWGCraft. Confirm the names, resource classes, stats, and the galaxy/planet before you click "Add resources" at the web page. Repeat for each blob, after which you want to erase the content of the file.
The above is how to do with the res.txt file in-game and on SWGCraft.

Resources that are already known with stats for the current planet will not show up anywhere. These resources are not interesting while dealing with ISDroid to upload depleted/new/etc., to SWGCraft. I believe you are asking for such a resource are you?

If you are interested in reading the mail, uncheck the checkbox named "ISDroidPanel". Yeah, somewhat hard to read as it looks like now, I will look into that later on.

One of the features on my list to add is a full resource table of current resources, their stats presented in all possible ways, along with guards and filters. Guards will alarm if any filter is met, i.e. you are looking for a certain resource with minimum this or that, or you are harvesting something and the alarm yells because it is depleted.

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:07 pm

maninspace wrote:...fruit, named as Itholo (Tatooinian Fruit), stats are available ... I think I have to expect this in window 1, right?
Actually no! Since fruit is planet specific and its stats are known it won't show up anywhere.

Window 1 will present for example an Iron that is reported for Tat and Lok, but you send out droids for all ten planets and it is also found at Endor, then it will show up in Window 1 for Endor, but not for Tat or Lok since it is already marked available there, that is "known in galaxy but new to planet" where Endor is implicit since that is the mail you are viewing.

Thanks to Belisama I am now adding the process-multiple-planets thing and then Windows 1 will also be a tad more verbose, as will 3. But Beli, SWGCU did not merge stuff from several planets, just from several resource classes. Prepare for even more laziness :D

Window 2 and 4 do not need to tell planets since a resource is depleted at the entire galaxy no matter the planet, the same is true for 4 which only presents statless resources and your reports do not add another planet availability.

Hopefully I have not made you even more confused now ;)

/Z

maninspace
Intermediate Crafter

Post by maninspace » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:13 am

Ahh... okay, I misunderstood the meaning of Window 1 :)
In this case - forget, what I was saying :)
SWG/DE Chronicle Master Correspondent

Europe-Farstar:
Horman Sheridan, Ta-awe Ifofa, Sahoo Arej, Anke Strassburg
Starsider:
Horman Sheridan, Hormon Sheridan

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:51 am

Zimoon wrote:But Beli, SWGCU did not merge stuff from several planets, just from several resource classes. Prepare for even more laziness :D
I will try ;)
Your domestic trader at Starsider TOG Mall: Tat WP -5101 -3308
You have resource for sale ? Check the TOG Holonet Channel for my offer
In Memoriam for all BE

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:03 am

Belisama wrote:
Zimoon wrote:But Beli, SWGCU did not merge stuff from several planets, just from several resource classes. Prepare for even more laziness :D
I will try ;)
It is not there yet, but on its way. I had to tore out quite a lot to make place for your wish. You wish is my law :D

/Zimoon

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:43 am

Hoi,

another question:
is there a way to see what resources are already entered with stats but had not been verified ?
Or is it that if i add it to another planet it will not verify it automatically ?

At SWGCraft adding a resource with stats it verify it - if it's not already done. And i never verify the stats if i not checked them (thats why i nede that long to update SWGCraft often enough).

Best
beli
In Memoriam for all BE

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:17 pm

Belisama wrote:is there a way to see what resources are already entered with stats but had not been verified ?
Currently there is no support in SWGAide for "verifying" stats. I may include that in future releases but then as an option since not all users want to take the time to fill in stats for a known resource. This also depends on how SWGCraft handles the SOAP actions if SWGAide uploads stats for a resource that already has stats.

In short, the four lists show resources as
  1. Resources reported with stats somewhere in the galaxy but not reported at a planet of the report(s)
  2. Depleted resources, galaxy-wide
  3. Resources reported somewhere in the galaxy without stats, the current report(s) does not add to planet-availability
  4. Completely new resources to the planet and galaxy, hence no stats are known
Possibly it is possible to add "not-verified" resources to list 3 in the future if the user has that future option selected.

While at it, I have moved all option from the bottom of the panel to the Options menu bar and decided to try to stick with the file name "res.txt".

To stick with a preset, fixed file name, "res.txt", is it something you can live with? Or is that a pain for somebody?

/Zimoon

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:29 pm

Hoi,
Zimoon wrote: To stick with a preset, fixed file name, "res.txt", is it something you can live with? Or is that a pain for somebody?
If it would be notes.txt it would be very bad - all other is good :)
I like the feature - that way i even dont need to use copy&paste. Insteat of that i just open it with /no res

In SWG CU there is no option like that.

BTW i did not get the "submit data from res.txt" to work. but i think as long as i would have to go through all single ISDroidmails i will use the other tool. and maybe i will get it to work after the "lazyness-feature" is included :)

best
beli
In Memoriam for all BE

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:56 pm

Verification isn't active on this site yet, so no function can be added for verifying resources atm (I know I am not doing much development atm, but Christmas + school work takes up alot of time. Post-New Year's development should speed up again, and I hope we have phpBB3 installed by then)

-Sobuno

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:21 pm

Belisama wrote:BTW i did not get the "submit data from res.txt" to work.
Everything is in the help files, this time it reads something such as I had came as far as writing down the stuff to file, but use Copy&Paste from the notes panel for "res.txt" in SWGAide to the text input field at SWGCraft.

But then some gorgeous girl came around and swept my feet to add support for multiple reports in a go, which maybe, just maybe, will make it into some kind of X-mas gift.

Since I don't know how soon Slybuno will switch to phpBB3 I must also give the new authentication stuff some time, and I am grinding on the Collections too *peew*

When it is finished, except for the GUI part that will wait until last, you will only have to click 3 buttons no matter how many reports there are: "Upload 1&2", "Save 3&4 to res.txt" which will merge them appropriately and as conveniently as possibly (no doubly entries, etc.), and "Upload from file". I don't think you can get any more lazy than that and still have some control. I can exclude the first button, but that would take away control of what/when you upload to SWGCraft and I will not do that.

Sobuno, later on, I guess the SOAP doesn't need anything extra for verification, just that uploading a resource with stats a second time with identical stats will mark it verified. I have no great input on how to deal with inequalities though, possibly in the response code and the application must present those to the user somehow, for manual editing at the site.

/Z

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:38 pm

Zimoon wrote: Since I don't know how soon Slybuno will switch to phpBB3 I must also give the new authentication stuff some time, and I am grinding on the Collections too *peew*
Well, I can promise you it won't be before Friday :P That's all I can say at the moment, some of the pages fetch info from the forums in non-standardized ways which means I have to go through most pages one by one and change them to use our functions.

Whenever we get around to upgrading, we will probably have to turn off access to the site completely (Well, inputs that is as authentication is based on the users table in the forums database) for a few hours while we change everything to use the phpBB3.

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:50 am

Zimoon wrote:But then some gorgeous girl came around and swept my feet to add support for multiple reports in a go, which maybe, just maybe, will make it into some kind of X-mas gift.
:oops:
But i think i can wait a few more days. Even past xmas ;)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:04 pm

I have just uploaded version 0.6.4 of SWGAide. Link for download in my signature.

This upgrade includes the wished for support for multiple ISDroid reports in one batch job. There is an option to select single reports. The current version kind of takes off at the same spot where the previous version was at, plus the support multiple reports.

Moved the few options to the menu bar Options >> ISdroid.

Support for the enhanced authentication scheme used with the upcoming version of SWGCraft main page and forums. Still only a hash of the password will be used while communicating with SWGCraft, only that for retrieving the hash the password is sent once and is then strongly encrypted.

Minor bug fixes.

I am looking forward to any kind of reports as they are crucial to fix bugs and issues of various kinds.

Next version will include support for uploading new resources and stat-less resource with stats to SWGCraft. Possibly some minor bug fix version there in between.

Enjoy

/Zimoon

PS: Please use the Help pages wherever uncertain, the F1 key. If any of the help text is ambiguous or too weak, please give me a shout in here.

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:30 pm

Hoi,

is it normal that SWG Aide forget all mails he know before the update?
When i open the tool now it said that none of my toons have no trade mails...?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:38 pm

Belisama wrote:Hoi,

is it normal that SWG Aide forget all mails he know before the update?
When i open the tool now it said that none of my toons have no trade mails...?
No, but my first reaction is, did you drop the new version over the old version? I mean, did you put it in the very same directory as the old one?

If not, please move the old SWGAide.jar file somewhere, to the "temp" folder for example. Then move the new SWGAide.jar to the old one's place.

Does that help?

/Zimoon

EDITED: I read your first post once again and see you only mention "Trade mails". Do you see all other mails? Is it possibly so that you have clicked "Archive" at some earlier point?
Last edited by Zimoon on Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.