SWGAide v0.7.33 Beta

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:10 am

koyvar wrote:What did you use for the UI? Swing?
Yuppers.
/Z

koyvar
Novice Crafter

Post by koyvar » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:19 am

Zimoon wrote:
koyvar wrote:What did you use for the UI? Swing?
Yuppers.
/Z
SWT is nicer, performance-wise. And prettier I think :P

Uhm, I was just wondering, I'm plunging myself into Java again (last time I did something with Java was during college.. like 5 years ago.. no SWT back then) and now my "boss" needs me to brush up on it, so you know.. wondering :)

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:30 pm

Hoi,

i tested SWG Aide today. And i don't find out how to usethat "only new" customer. if i mark it nothing happen... ? Selecting customers with more then one visit or of the last 3 days work. Maybe i do something wrong. Will test it a few more days. :)

I like that they count what vendor is doing well. :)
Question: If i buy stuff - does that do into the total balance as well ?

Also the survey droid is a nice idea, but its not that handy that i have to go throu all survey droid mails manually. did you ever tested SWG CU ? at the moment i prefer it for updating.

Forget to ask something: if i visit only the resource page (or better: use the SWGAide tool for updating) does that count for visiting the forum = if i return later will the forum will not show me the new messages posted before i used the tool ?

best
beli
Your domestic trader at Starsider TOG Mall: Tat WP -5101 -3308
You have resource for sale ? Check the TOG Holonet Channel for my offer
In Memoriam for all BE

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:55 pm

Belisama wrote:Hoi,

i tested SWG Aide today. And i don't find out how to usethat "only new" customer. if i mark it nothing happen... ? Selecting customers with more then one visit or of the last 3 days work. Maybe i do something wrong. Will test it a few more days. :)

For "Only new" and "Since" to work you need to do a Save first. After that you must have some new sales and another /mailsave. I tried to explain it in the help files, please tell me if the help files (F1) are inadequate.

I like that they count what vendor is doing well. :)
Question: If i buy stuff - does that do into the total balance as well ?

Your own purchases is only presented in the Purchase tab, it does not count negatively towards the sales income. Do you want a "Net income" statistics?

Also the survey droid is a nice idea, but its not that handy that i have to go throu all survey droid mails manually. did you ever tested SWG CU ? at the moment i prefer it for updating.

I bet, I have still not publicized next version ;)
When SWGCU was new I used it quite a lot actually, but I later wrote my own scripts.

However, how do you mean "go throu all survey droid mails manually"? You select one, click the submit button for new-at-planet and depleted, then the next one. Soon you will have more options and then I really would like your feedback :)

Forget to ask something: if i visit only the resource page (or better: use the SWGAide tool for updating) does that count for visiting the forum = if i return later will the forum will not show me the new messages posted before i used the tool ?

That question must be replied to by Sobuno, but I believe the answer is "no". SWGAide never use any web interface but SOAP actions.

I don't know how this site does with timestamps and such. For instance, does a visit at the main, resource page count as a visit at the forum. I hope not :)

best
beli
Replies in blue!
/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:14 pm

Just a heads up.

For those that wait for another update today, unfortunately I must disappoint you. Both from implementing the logic and from bug reports a few things have surfaced that has taken some time to deal with. Not that SWGAide is that buggy nor crappy but I tend to be quite careful and cautious. Hopefully less bugs slip through this way and when also dealing with a great service such as SWGCraft I don't want to hand out anything that spoils the database with the click of a button.

The next version will contain some bug fixes, SWGAide now better accepts incomplete or inaccurate installations of Testcenter. empty folders, etc.

The ISDroid feature will have new resources and resources that are reported to SWGCraft without stats, for the planet and class the report is about, saved to a notes file named "res.txt" which can be opened in game and stats can be added to the lists there. This works splendidly now, but is also the easiest part.

Next step is to have SWGAide read that notes file and upload its content to SWGCraft with a single click on a button. I believe this will take a few more days, mainly for my local tests until I dare go public beta with it.

The GUI will initially be quite rude, as I already see some things happen that looks ugly to the eye.

After that version I will add a GUI feature that hopefully will be even fancier for those of you that use to play in SWG windowed mode. If you play in full screen mode you must stick with the notes file version, unless somebody suggest some neat idea on how to transfer data from game to SWGAide :?:

Thanks for all bug reports, feature requests, suggestions, and warming support you provide me with!

/Zimoon

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:15 pm

Zimoon wrote:
Belisama wrote: Forget to ask something: if i visit only the resource page (or better: use the SWGAide tool for updating) does that count for visiting the forum = if i return later will the forum will not show me the new messages posted before i used the tool ?

That question must be replied to by Sobuno, but I believe the answer is "no". SWGAide never use any web interface but SOAP actions.

I don't know how this site does with timestamps and such. For instance, does a visit at the main, resource page count as a visit at the forum. I hope not :)

best
beli
Replies in blue!
/Zimoon
Interesting question. Using Zimoon's tool, no (Soap actions handle authorization in another way than the site does). I would suspect that a visit to the main site counts as a visit to the forum though (We use the builtin functions in phpBB for authorization i.e. setting the correct cookies and such.)

maninspace
Intermediate Crafter

Post by maninspace » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:29 pm

Zimoon,
don't worry! We will wait for an update, till you are satisfied with YOUR work! So, take the time you need! The better the results will be - and it will be almost like a small christmas present to all of us :)
SWG/DE Chronicle Master Correspondent

Europe-Farstar:
Horman Sheridan, Ta-awe Ifofa, Sahoo Arej, Anke Strassburg
Starsider:
Horman Sheridan, Hormon Sheridan

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:22 am

Zimoon wrote:For "Only new" and "Since" to work you need to do a Save first. After that you must have some new sales and another /mailsave. I tried to explain it in the help files, please tell me if the help files (F1) are inadequate.
Umm.. there are helpfiles ? *sheepish grin*
Zimoon wrote:Your own purchases is only presented in the Purchase tab, it does not count negatively towards the sales income. Do you want a "Net income" statistics?
if you ask me... yes :)
Zimoon wrote:However, how do you mean "go throu all survey droid mails manually"? You select one, click the submit button for new-at-planet and depleted, then the next one. Soon you will have more options and then I really would like your feedback :)
Yup, exact that i mean. i have to click one mail after the next. I dont get a list for the complete planet (that include all gmails rom that planet). I am a lazy person ,)
Zimoon wrote:That question must be replied to by Sobuno, but I believe the answer is "no". SWGAide never use any web interface but SOAP actions.
At SWGCraft it counts towards it.
I asked because i was at the forum in the morning. Then at afternoon i uses the ISDroid feature and when i visited the forums there where no new messages. Wondered about that.

Best
Beli
Your domestic trader at Starsider TOG Mall: Tat WP -5101 -3308
You have resource for sale ? Check the TOG Holonet Channel for my offer
In Memoriam for all BE

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:56 am

Belisama wrote:
Zimoon wrote:For "Only new" and "Since" to work you need to do a Save first. After that you must have some new sales and another /mailsave. I tried to explain it in the help files, please tell me if the help files (F1) are inadequate.
Umm.. there are helpfiles ? *sheepish grin*

No worries :P
Zimoon wrote:Your own purchases is only presented in the Purchase tab, it does not count negatively towards the sales income. Do you want a "Net income" statistics?
if you ask me... yes :)

Soonish then
Zimoon wrote:However, how do you mean "go throu all survey droid mails manually"? You select one, click the submit button for new-at-planet and depleted, then the next one. Soon you will have more options and then I really would like your feedback :)
Yup, exact that i mean. i have to click one mail after the next. I dont get a list for the complete planet (that include all gmails rom that planet). I am a lazy person ,)

I am too, and I will think about this for the future.
Zimoon wrote:That question must be replied to by Sobuno, but I believe the answer is "no". SWGAide never use any web interface but SOAP actions.
At SWGCraft it counts towards it.
I asked because i was at the forum in the morning. Then at afternoon i uses the ISDroid feature and when i visited the forums there where no new messages. Wondered about that.

Yesterday was a slow day at the forum, maybe no new posts, were there? Sobuno said SWGAide won't count but being at the resource side of the site would.

Best
Beli
Answers in red this time
/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:12 pm

maninspace wrote:Zimoon,
don't worry! We will wait for an update, till you are satisfied with YOUR work! So, take the time you need! The better the results will be - and it will be almost like a small christmas present to all of us :)
It was just a heads up, I am not especially worried but I know, because of in-game PMs and mails to my gmail account that there are a few guys waiting for the next step. Features like depleting and mark availability ain't that cool, not even in my own eyes :P

Now, here comes another heads up:
Belisama's comments made me think a second time and I realize I have kind of painted myself into a corner, you know the Disney's Donald Duck style. Hence, I will release what I have at the moment just to address a few bugs and an initial view of what will come. No automagic uploads of data beyond what is already there.

So, with Belisama's suggestions in mind I will add an optional "Selected report only". Unless this option is selected all current reports will be merged and handled in one go. Since this, as I mentioned, requires some rewrite of the code it will take a while, your guess on an X-mas gift may be a correct estimate ;)

On the upside, most of the stuff I have done works very well in the new logic, I just have to rewrite the logic, not the supportive, background functionality.

Conclusion: Keep your criticism, suggestions, ideas, whatever coming. The sooner the better.

Thanks for your great input Belisama :D

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:56 pm

Version 0.6.3 is uploaded. See the history test on news, plus the Help files at the ISDroid view (F1).

/Zimoon

maninspace
Intermediate Crafter

Post by maninspace » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:24 am

Eeehhm... Zimoon...
I know, that the format of the resource-data is discribed at the swg-craft site... but wouldn't it be helpful to add this discription into the ISD-Helpfile, so you don't have to start your browser and go to swg-craft...?!

Just as an idea for more comfort... :)

But looks nice... will have to start some droids soon :)

Europe-Farstar:
Starsider:

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:12 am

maninspace wrote:Eeehhm... Zimoon...
I know, that the format of the resource-data is discribed at the swg-craft site... but wouldn't it be helpful to add this discription into the ISD-Helpfile, so you don't have to start your browser and go to swg-craft...?!

Just as an idea for more comfort... :)

But looks nice... will have to start some droids soon :)
Probably, but in the end they will not have to use it at all. But you are right, the help is a bit sparse on that part.

/Z

maninspace
Intermediate Crafter

Post by maninspace » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:16 am

It is just because I wanted to give it a try.. :)

Europe-Farstar:
Starsider:

maninspace
Intermediate Crafter

Post by maninspace » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:46 pm

Ok, I just send out some ISDs to every planet looking for Flora Resources...
I like the way, window 1 & 2 are handled (one click and it is done :) )
but now I wanted to add ressi - stats to the ressis in window 3... I put everything into the res.txt ... but now I can't find any informations on SWG-Craft.co.uk in which way I will have to enter them...

any help in this would be great :)

Ok, now I compared the ISD-Mail and the lists of windows...
The Ressis, that are already known are not shown in any list...
i.e. I have a fruit, named as Itholo (Tatooinian Fruit), stats are available, but this resource is not listed in any of the 4 windows (I think I have to expect this in window 1, right?)

Europe-Farstar:
Starsider: