SWGAide v0.7.33 Beta

Moderator: Forum Moderator

maninspace
Intermediate Crafter

Post by maninspace » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:43 am

Hi Zimoon,

just another idea. I just sampled a bit at musti and found some really good ressis... but because the ISDs don't fly to musti or kashyyyk, I think we will need another nice way, to enter the datas to swg-aide...
but to honest, I have no idea, what the best way will be..

greetings, maninspace
SWG/DE Chronicle Master Correspondent

Europe-Farstar:
Horman Sheridan, Ta-awe Ifofa, Sahoo Arej, Anke Strassburg
Starsider:
Horman Sheridan, Hormon Sheridan

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:22 am

maninspace wrote:Hi Zimoon,

just another idea. I just sampled a bit at musti and found some really good ressis... but because the ISDs don't fly to musti or kashyyyk, I think we will need another nice way, to enter the datas to swg-aide...
but to honest, I have no idea, what the best way will be..

greetings, maninspace
As soon as I am done wit the next phase of the ISDroid features that will be added to SWGAide, it kind of can reuse the ISDroid logic I am adding.

I did the big overhaul of the resourcetree.xml the last week, while waiting for bug reports and so in SWGAide, and squashed one error and some minor thingies. Now I am focused at SWGAide again and will release another upgrade later this week.

/Z

oneyank
Novice Crafter

Post by oneyank » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:52 pm

Belisama wrote:Hoi :)
Zimoon wrote: No. I guess I can add one. Sounds as a great idea.
Then the question is, should it be a filter for a set number of days, a selectable number of days, or a selectable date from a calendar widget (which I know there is but have never used yet ;) ). /Zimoon
Best it set an intern mark for "last search for new customers. I bet no one will search at exatc 0 o'clock so its always during a day. So if i search for "all customers since date i will or miss some or have some double. If i can search for "just all new" then it's perfect. it would even work if i use that tool for example twice a day ;)
Ok, it's could be nice to be able to search for all custoemrs of the last xx days - for example to announce some special offers (like halloween costums or x-Mas price reduction or something like that).
Zimoon wrote: Yes, today the similarities are there, or rather, today SWGAide does not provide much of bells and whistles since this is just the first drop, which just handles new-at-planet plus despawned resources. I published it mainly because I need to get some help finding possible/inevitable bugs at numerous computer environments, GUI habits I do not have, etc. /Zimoon
SWG CU don't have any bells or stuff liek that. But its a great help at the moment and i think as long as SWGCraft is there i prefer updating that page. Even if this page exchange the data ;)
But who knows maybe i change my mind one day.
Zimoon wrote: As MyRes already do today? Yes, that and more. Even though I have a list of stuff I would like to see out of my personal desire I welcome all suggestions and ideas. Let them come! /Zimoon
Is there a feature MyRes have and you don't ?
I care especialy about the filters and that i can "watch" resources if they despawns. And that i can change the schematics how i want them because that's usefull if the programmer disappear ;)
I also like that i can put a small info to a resource. that way i can put info there so that i dont use a perfect resource (but seldom used so i dont know the name) accidently for something else.
Of course i need to be able to add my storage. MyRes can getthe data from SWGCraft for that. If i enter a resource name it can retrieve the data (resource class and stats) from SWGCraft. It even don't need the full name. if more then one resource match the name i entered it will list them in a drop-down menu.
Zimoon wrote: What you ask for will actually be linked with the ISDroid feature and will be added quite early on. That is, as soon as you use the ISDroid feature to parse and upload the reports it will also alarm for filtered resources and for depleted resources you have enabled a guard for. The user will then get a much quicker personal alarm on what is going on and will not need to wait until next resource export from either web site. /Zimoon
That sounds usefull :)

Best
beli
Will there be a feature on the resource page where you can enter your own resurce that you currently have like JnF Resource manager? Sorry, dont a clue about MyRes, if it has that capability or not.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:38 pm

I am not very well versed with JnF actually, do you mean some kind of resource storage room manager? Then the answer is yes, it will. Probably I must install JnF to have a look at its feature set and "steal" the sweetest pieces ;)

As my real life time is limited everything takes its time. And I try to look ahead so what I add will be forward compatible too, that is, adding features now that I realize I will need the next version. That has kept me busy the latest week, adding stuff with the ISDroid feature set that must exist when I continue with resource/schematic features.

But the work is moving forward, believe me, it's only that I there are no big updates every third day.

/Zimoon

maninspace
Intermediate Crafter

Post by maninspace » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:17 pm

Don't worry Zimoon,
we don't expect, that you bring an update every third day :)
but how about every forth? :lol:

No, believe me, we are happy with every step you take, and i know, we all will wait for every update - and we all like to help you, as much, as we can! So, take the time you need, and if you need help in (live-)testing, there will be many many chars in every galaxy standing by :)

BTW, the last update already was nine days ago?! What are you doing all the time?! :lol: /duck

No, no, just kidding!! :)

Greetings, ManInSpace aka Horman
SWG/DE Chronicle Master Correspondent

Europe-Farstar:
Horman Sheridan, Ta-awe Ifofa, Sahoo Arej, Anke Strassburg
Starsider:
Horman Sheridan, Hormon Sheridan

oneyank
Novice Crafter

Post by oneyank » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:55 am

LOL no worries, not expecting an update everty day, and I do understand about real life priorities taking precedent. I was just curious if it was in the future plans.

And yes I was talking about a resource management tool. Essentially from what little I have used of the JnF Utility, you input the resources you have, update the current resource spawn and choose what schematic you wish to craft and it tells you what resource to use, wheter its what you already have or what is currently in spawn to achieve the maximum results.

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:32 am

Hoi,

today i tried to test SWGAide, i manage to start it once. then i saw that i have some old account info in the directiory from when i was sitting the account of a friend. so i closed SWG Aide and delete that directories.
I restart SWGAide and it don't want to start. My hubby tried it a bit, he was able to start it one time the others the loading screen also froze. No idea why it worked one time.
Only way to get SWGAide loading screen away (after 5 minutes waiting) is the task manager)

It stop at about 30% and java.exe is using about 29.464k memory (according to the task manager).

Best
Beli
[/img]
Your domestic trader at Starsider TOG Mall: Tat WP -5101 -3308
You have resource for sale ? Check the TOG Holonet Channel for my offer
In Memoriam for all BE

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:53 am

Is there an error log in the "logs" folder?
If so, please send it to simongronlund and I am using gmail.com, thx.

I thought I had covered up for deleted accounts but obviously not. On the other hand, you could have used the "Hide Node" feature, right click the node ;) But of course, SWGAide should not crash or choke. 1/3 sounds as when SWGAide is scanning the hard disk for new/deleted entries.

Looking forward to the error report which enables me to quickly find the spot, or at least track down, where something goes wrong.

/Zimoon

PS: Yes, the only way to kill the application if it chokes at the splash screen is by TaskManager. I will try to address that in due time but currently I have no clue :?

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:45 am

Hoi,

logfile just sende to you.

If you want my hubby can check the code of SWGAide, he is doing in Java also.

Best
beli
In Memoriam for all BE

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:42 pm

Replied to you by email, including a workaround.

Does your hubby play SWG as well? I'd be happy :)

/Z

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:17 pm

Zimoon wrote:Does your hubby play SWG as well? I'd be happy :)
Nope, he don't play. But he is my personal SysAdmin and without him i would have problems playing it (without a working computer i can't play ;)

Want to send the Code ?
In Memoriam for all BE

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:43 pm

Belisama wrote:Want to send the Code ?
I want one of those sysadmins too, but I guess that is me in our household :P

I will wrap it up within a week or so, while working on an upgrade it looks a bit messy, not a disaster but quite a few loose ends.

Yes, I'd appreciate a code scrutinizer. Maybe I can get a few tips along the way ;)
In my day to day work I work as a developer, but there it rather is C and a bit assembly, as close as the bare metal you can get but remain a software developer.

C u

/Zimoon

Hellbound
Novice Crafter

Post by Hellbound » Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:42 pm

Can you make the column sliders, slide more?... Credits get cut off because of this. Heres what I mean.

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/9121/swgaideat4.jpg

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:49 pm

Problem is that you earn too much :P

Will be fixed in next version, just added a bigger slack.
/Zimoon

PS. I edited away that image, since it made the column width of the forum way wider than a browser not maximized could present. I am most grateful though that you used an image to point to the problem, great, as I immediately spotted what you were talking about.

koyvar
Novice Crafter

Post by koyvar » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:44 am

What did you use for the UI? Swing?