SWGAide v0.7.33 Beta

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Veerlo
Novice Crafter

Re: SWGAide v0.7.9 Beta

Post by Veerlo » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:42 pm

great then i won't be puting work into that then :)

Rommel
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Rommel » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:56 pm

So I was doing an update last night and a couple resources were already listed in the database by the time I got to uploading box 1&2 and I got popup's letting me know. Then there was a connection issue and I had to start the 1&2 upload again and I got popup after popup after popup.

Could a button to suppress further popups about resources already in the database for that upload session be created or an option box for the isdroid menu to suppress that one popup be created?

On the current resources tab nothing should ever show for space resources because they are always the same, so could their stats always be shown. Technically they are always a current spawn :P
The only other thing on this I could say is if they are added to always show could the details tab say what system they can be found in?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:40 pm

Rommel wrote:So I was doing an update last night and a couple resources were already listed in the database by the time I got to uploading box 1&2 and I got popup's letting me know. Then there was a connection issue and I had to start the 1&2 upload again and I got popup after popup after popup.

Could a button to suppress further popups about resources already in the database for that upload session be created or an option box for the isdroid menu to suppress that one popup be created?

On the current resources tab nothing should ever show for space resources because they are always the same, so could their stats always be shown. Technically they are always a current spawn :P
The only other thing on this I could say is if they are added to always show could the details tab say what system they can be found in?
1) Such an option about suppressing dialogs will make it, not ETA though.
2) Yes, of course, not the next version though. Probably it would be better always having them as available at this site though, right. I will PM Sobuno and see to it he adds them permanently to the database, that would be better.

Personally I have had a thought of taking away that resource class, since it is static ;)

/Zimoon

Rommel
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Rommel » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:03 pm

Zimoon wrote:2) Yes, of course, not the next version though. Probably it would be better always having them as available at this site though, right. I will PM Sobuno and see to it he adds them permanently to the database, that would be better.
Yeah, that sounds like a better option.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:32 am

Rommel wrote:... The only other thing on <space resources> I could say is if they are added to always show could the details tab say what system they can be found in?
I missed this point the last time, good idea, I will look into it :)

/Zimoon

milkiee
Novice Crafter

Post by milkiee » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:33 am

Hey, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this....

Everytime I try to update from ISD's I get this for every resource, only way to get rid is to ctrl alt del..

Perl & Milkiee - Infinity Elders
Creator Of http://www.swgreunited.com

Tharek Tolemac
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Tharek Tolemac » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:44 am

http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/forums/viewto ... f=2&t=1133

I think the problem isnt in SWGAide, but swgcraft.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:12 am

Tharek Tolemac wrote:http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/forums/viewto ... f=2&t=1133

I think the problem isnt in SWGAide, but swgcraft.
OK, another Codoan Copper. Probably SWGCraft, but I will have a look when I come home.

/Zimoon

milkiee
Novice Crafter

Post by milkiee » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:26 am

Maybe its just copper in general as I tried to submit 1&2 from another planet just now and there were 3 different types of copper (none of Codoan) and it still gave same error?

Imperial Outpost
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Imperial Outpost » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:15 pm

I was getting the same error as well this morning... :(

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:08 pm

Looking at the other recent messages at the board I believe there is a more general problem with SWGCraft at the moment. It is definitely not related to SWGAide.

/Zimoon

Slyvampy
Lead Developer

Post by Slyvampy » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:09 am

This was due to the server migration that started on 6th-8th of August. Its completed now and should be working as intended.
Slyvampy
Founder, SWGCraft.org
http://www.swgcraft.org

milkiee
Novice Crafter

Post by milkiee » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:11 am

I can confirm that as of 8.8.08 @ 10:13hrs GMT I am still getting the same error.

Zanex
Novice Crafter

Post by Zanex » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:26 pm

Hehe, Hi guys
I'm really trying to get this working

First, my question, then the previous question and answers follow, for continuity:

Ok, I've purchased a resource deed. I'll run a droid to obtain the current resources for a planet.
Then I will /savemail
Then I'll write it to res.txt
I think I understand I then "open res.text" in the drop down menu.
At this point I can "change the saved res.txt" by inputing the resource stats in the format of:

name1,type,statA,statB,statC

Now, if there are no stats in certain areas, do I add a 0 there?

Such as Polymer

Nioma, 0,0,0,342,0,0,921,0,819,603,748...?

Or just input the available stats because swgAid knows what the heck it's doing? (smile)

However this is done, I then return to the ISDroid panel and "Save changes to res.txt"

and "submit"

That about right?
-------------------------------------
Also
Should I be out with another character, without a resource deed, sampling.
Is there a way to use swgcraft aid to input sampled resources, or is this way "site only"?
If I can "edit" the res.txt as above and also type in a "name" of resource that is missing, it looks like it doesn't matter where in res.txt I put it? As long as it is under the right planet.
I think I saw somewhere about right clicking a resource in your inventory..or is the the other swg thingie V1.8?

Ok, that's about it.
Thanks
----------------------------------------

Aesop said:
I've heard (read) of using a resource crate to assign stats when doing things this way, but do not have a rescourse crate

It appears that after recieving the no-stat-data from the ISD there is no way to manually input additional data?

I'm trying to figure out a way to update the site, keep track of current resources privately(hard copy of submitted data) and publicly(on the site), and do this all in a timely and easy manner(yea, Im lazy, so what )

I feel I'm probably missing something along the way.

Monty said:
After you have submitted the information to the site you can then hit the "Write to "res.txt" button", Alt-Tab back to the game and type /no res and enter stats as you find them, when done you Alt-Tab back to SWGAIDE and hit the "Submit "res.txt" button and its all updated.

I would however recommend trying to get a 30k Resource Crate to make your life a lot easier.

Zimoon said:
Aesop, when you are at the ISDroid panel in SWGAide, please hit F1 to bring up the help text. It is quite extensive.

In general, to supply stats you must always hit the button "Write to res.txt" which writes a notes files which you can open in-game as Monty told you. Fill in the stats you have at hand, or none if you have no stats. Submit. It is better to know about a resource in spawn than not, so don't wait to get the stats another day.

No, there is no way to manually upload stats using SWGAide, not yet. What you can do is to use the text input field at the bottom of the SWGCraft web page named Current Resources for the planet. The format of the input must be
Code:
swgcraft_start
name1,type,statA,statB,statC,...
name2,type,statA,statB,statC,...
swgcraft_end

If resources are already in the database they will be updated with stats by this.

Zimoon answered this:
How do you view the stats on the resources without using the deed? I don't want to waste it on junk. Thanks
You double click the "deed" and the first screen read Inorganic and Organics and you choose one of them. Next screen is the sub-classes of the one you choose, so in fact you unfold the tree of resource classes until you finally read resource names of a specific resource class.

The inly exception, where you don't read names of resources, are Space Resources and recycled resource classes, that is since they don't have unique names.

The final screen before realizing a resource into your inventory reads the stats of the resource. So, either double click a name, or the resource class for recycled or space resource classes, and you will read the stats.

At that point, be cautious. I managed to claim some lousy wood by responding to a type chat, for some reason the ENTER went into the resource stats screen. I was lucky and a friendly CSR (now GM) replaced the 30k crate of wood with a new deed. Now I use the ESCape key at the keyboard not to accidentially click the OK button.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:04 pm

Aesop wrote:Hehe, Hi guys
I'm really trying to get this working

First, my question, then the previous question and answers follow, for continuity:

Ok, I've purchased a resource deed. I'll run a droid to obtain the current resources for a planet.
Then I will /savemail
Then I'll write it to res.txt
I think I understand I then "open res.text" in the drop down menu.

Nono, you go into game and open the notes file with the command "note res". The process is thoroughly describes in the help text for the ISDroid panel, browse to that panel and hit F1 and off you go, happy reading :P

At this point I can "change the saved res.txt" by inputing the resource stats in the format of:

name1,type,statA,statB,statC

Now, if there are no stats in certain areas, do I add a 0 there?

Such as Polymer

Nioma, 0,0,0,342,0,0,921,0,819,603,748...?

Or just input the available stats because swgAid knows what the heck it's doing? (smile)

First, read the help text I mentioned. No, you will not type the stats that are not present. You rexample would just read
Nioma, 342,921,819,603,748
and you can use any of these symbols as delimiters as you please: ,. ;:

However this is done, I then return to the ISDroid panel and "Save changes to res.txt"

When done in-game you close the in-game notepad window, which auto-saves the file, and you switch back to SWGAide

and "submit"

Yes :)

That about right?
-------------------------------------
Also
Should I be out with another character, without a resource deed, sampling.
Is there a way to use swgcraft aid to input sampled resources, or is this way "site only"? Currently no, I plan to add such features. For example creature samplers want it, and for single resource submissions.
If I can "edit" the res.txt as above and also type in a "name" of resource that is missing, it looks like it doesn't matter where in res.txt I put it? As long as it is under the right planet. You must use ISDroids and do not quit SWGAide in between. SWGAide keeps track of planet and stuff. There are two formats for the file, described in the help text, the continuous is best when you use the 30k kit.
I think I saw somewhere about right clicking a resource in your inventory..or is the the other swg thingie V1.8?
Hmm, here I am lost and don't know what you refer to. Let's say you start out slowly with just one droid and do that and I think it will all clear up. However, be very cautious with that 30k deed, do not do anything such as type chatting or so when you are at the page where you can read the stats. I have the two windows, the deed and the notepad, side by side and I am very cautios about what I do with the mouse clicks. I rather back-out at the deed with the keyboard ESCape button.

Ok, that's about it.
Thanks

NP, better safe than sorry :)

----------------------------------------

Aesop said:
I've heard (read) of using a resource crate to assign stats when doing things this way, but do not have a rescourse crate

It appears that after recieving the no-stat-data from the ISD there is no way to manually input additional data?

In-game at the in-game notepad, open with /note res

It is better to submit "blank resources" than not, it is always good to know they exist than not. If you don't have the 30k kit, manually sample and read the stats in your inventory.

I'm trying to figure out a way to update the site, keep track of current resources privately(hard copy of submitted data) and publicly(on the site), and do this all in a timely and easy manner(yea, Im lazy, so what )

I feel I'm probably missing something along the way.

This will be added to SWGAide over time. Personal inventory is next thing after the upcoming version that is about in a few days.

Monty said:
After you have submitted the information to the site you can then hit the "Write to "res.txt" button", Alt-Tab back to the game and type /no res and enter stats as you find them, when done you Alt-Tab back to SWGAIDE and hit the "Submit "res.txt" button and its all updated.

I would however recommend trying to get a 30k Resource Crate to make your life a lot easier.

Zimoon said:
Aesop, when you are at the ISDroid panel in SWGAide, please hit F1 to bring up the help text. It is quite extensive.

In general, to supply stats you must always hit the button "Write to res.txt" which writes a notes files which you can open in-game as Monty told you. Fill in the stats you have at hand, or none if you have no stats. Submit. It is better to know about a resource in spawn than not, so don't wait to get the stats another day.

No, there is no way to manually upload stats using SWGAide, not yet. What you can do is to use the text input field at the bottom of the SWGCraft web page named Current Resources for the planet. The format of the input must be
Code:
swgcraft_start
name1,type,statA,statB,statC,...
name2,type,statA,statB,statC,...
swgcraft_end

If resources are already in the database they will be updated with stats by this.

Zimoon answered this:
How do you view the stats on the resources without using the deed? I don't want to waste it on junk. Thanks
You double click the "deed" and the first screen read Inorganic and Organics and you choose one of them. Next screen is the sub-classes of the one you choose, so in fact you unfold the tree of resource classes until you finally read resource names of a specific resource class.

The only exception, where you don't read names of resources, are Space Resources and recycled resource classes, that is since they don't have unique names.

The final screen before realizing a resource into your inventory reads the stats of the resource. So, either double click a name, or the resource class for recycled or space resource classes, and you will read the stats.

At that point, be cautious. I managed to claim some lousy wood by responding to a type chat, for some reason the ENTER went into the resource stats screen. I was lucky and a friendly CSR (now GM) replaced the 30k crate of wood with a new deed. Now I use the ESCape key at the keyboard not to accidentially click the OK button.
Responses in red. I am happy you start out using the tool and I appreciate feedback and reports on things that bothers you.

/Zimoon