SWGAide v0.7.33 Beta

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Rommel
Intermediate Crafter

Re: SWGAide v0.7.0 Beta

Post by Rommel » Tue May 20, 2008 9:55 am

Zimoon wrote:
Rommel wrote:Working as intended.

Only thing I recommend so far for the new resource thing is some toned down color's...Example image...

I replaced the uber bright colors with some toned down pastel's. (Red:#CC2200 Green:#63D13E Yellow:#FFEE55)
You will actually get an option to set not only your personal levels for decent, good, or great stats, but also colors. Not topmost on my prio but it comes :)

/Zimoon
I still love you.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue May 20, 2008 10:06 am

A user PM'd me about some problems with SWGAide on Vista. Paths to mails seems to be different depending on who is logged in on the Vista machine.

Anybody else that has seen this? How did you resolve the issue?

I do not have access to a Vista machine so I cannot really tell how Vista treats file paths, but yes, since the operating system is responsible of the file system and the security it can of course provide different paths for different users. If that really is the case in Vista for different accounts then I must rebuild how files are handled in SWGAide and cannot trust Java's native file handling. That will probably result in a slower startup :(

Anyone with some insight here?

/Zimoon

a-af
Novice Crafter

Post by a-af » Tue May 20, 2008 12:57 pm

Looks realy great ... can't wait to see the further development of this program.

Rommel
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Rommel » Tue May 20, 2008 9:01 pm

I have a vista virtual machine I'll install it/swg on there and see what does :P

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: SWGAide v0.7.2 Beta

Post by Zimoon » Wed May 21, 2008 7:05 pm

New version available. The last two versions have addressed small bug fixes and one major flaw in error GUI dialog handling. Thanks to the 7 or more hours SWGCraft was down the other day I was able to fine tune the error handling of when that happens again (never I hope).

Please, let me know of any issues you may have. Remember to include the log files, both if that is appropriate.

Cheers

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: SWGAide v0.7.4 Beta

Post by Zimoon » Sun May 25, 2008 6:07 pm

SWGAide version 0.7.4 uploaded.

The new feature is the filter at the bottom of the view for current resources. Currently is does only filter on plain stats, no experimental values and no caps considered.

Since you will probably ask: Yes, also resources that do not have the particular stat is included in the resulting set of resources. That is since if the resource does not have a stat it is possible to use it in a schematic, assumed there is one other resource having that stat. However, in a future release some "display options" will let you select this behavior either way.

Finally the error messages in the GUI dialog is even further enhanced. Thanks Belisama for your never ending stream of reports :)

Have fun

Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: SWGAide v0.7.5 Beta

Post by Zimoon » Fri May 30, 2008 9:26 pm

SWGAide version 0.7.5 is uploaded.

Now the recentmost version of the file resourcetree2.xml is downloaded into the folder "crafting". It can be viewed by for example MSIE, Firefox, or any XML viewer or text editor but is mainly thought to carry data to for example SWGAide.

New feature at the view of current resources is the resource class tree and filtering the view from its selection.

Looking forward to reports and issues, not to mention all your great ideas and suggestions :)

Enjoy

/Zimoon

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Fri May 30, 2008 9:50 pm

Is that the same kind of file as the one we generate?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat May 31, 2008 7:42 am

No, it is the http://simongronlund.googlepages.com/resourcetree2.xml which includes many more details such as min/max cap, if a creature resource can really be harvested or not, the different IDs used by old and new SWGCraft, and it is now sorted as the 30k vet resource crate is (thanks to Rommel).

This is the XML file used to create the Java classes used to drive SWGAide.

This is also the only XML file I use to update when/if SWG makes some changes to resources in SWG, to mitigate any schizophrenia on my part :)

/Zimoon

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sat May 31, 2008 10:07 am

Ahh, okay, I'll leave you to maintain that one then :P

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat May 31, 2008 10:53 am

Sobuno wrote:Ahh, okay, I'll leave you to maintain that one then :P
In fact, this doesn't matter for me, who maintains it. It is just that it has more info. If that comes from another source but on the same format, that is fine with me.

At the moment the source is hard coded in SWGAide, that is easily changed.

The format is set in stone for the time being, but in a future I guess I can implement a interpreting layer for whatever format, as long as the data is not less that it is today :)

In fact, I once asked if Sly was interested in hosting the xml file here, no reply.

/Z

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sat May 31, 2008 11:07 am

Well, we currently do not store the data attribute at least.

But I'll look into having it generated at some point, not right now though, am playing Fur Elise on a bass (Aswell as the Age of Empires 2 menu sound, Simpsons Theme and James Bond Theme) :P

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: SWGAide v0.7.6 Beta

Post by Zimoon » Sat May 31, 2008 11:36 am

SWGAide version 0.7.6 is uploaded.

Two fixes for the new resource class tree filtering, one is to consider caps of the selected resource class, the other one addresses an error when folding the tree.

/Zimoon

TimeLorde
Novice Crafter

Post by TimeLorde » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:33 pm

Zimoon,

Just got the update... wow. Do you have any hints on how one might save data from ingame inventory of resources for input into SWG Aide? It doesnt look like the inventory feature is enabled yet, but if I knew how you intend to format inputting from /note, then i can start recording resources and their stats.

I would love to reduce overall the amount of resources I hoard but since I cant easily factor what I have versus what is spawning, and cant get any utility to work in a way that makes sense to my limited intellect, I tend to harvest everything that approaches cap. :oops:

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:46 am

SWGAide will have import/export inventory, plus a way of using the notes file (named inv.txt) to sit in-game and type name, units and class, in that order, line by line, at this format:

Code: Select all

Zimoon 123456 Coco Nut
The three entries can be delimited by a comma, dot, semicolon, colon, or white space, exactly as it is already possible to delimit stats at the res.txt. The class entry is just for your reminder, it will not be used but if anything is wrong it is good to have the reminder out of game. You may actually type whatever after the amount.

Any personal comments in the file, which you can have as many as you want to, must have a # first at these lines.

Most probably I will let this file just sit there and you may update it in-game, decrease the number of units, add another resource, or just as a reminder on what you have.

Using the notes file the import feature will look up stats at SWGCraft and present the result one by one for your verification. If any other type of file is at hand, looking the same way as MyRes' export file does, it will accept the stats as is, if they are given.

Time frame? Actually, it is not hard to code the stuff, it is only hard to get time for it. And next week I am off for Portugal and won't be able to pander to neither SWGAide nor SWG. I am also installing and converting the stuff necessary to make SWGAide open source, another initial time sink that, hopefully, over time will benefit the community.

At the moment I am readying the first page resources one step at a time.

I am happy that you like SWGAide, that makes it all worthwhile continue pottering with it.

:)

/Zimoon