SWGAide v0.7.33 Beta

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Aali
Novice Crafter

Re: SWGAide v0.6.12 BETA

Post by Aali » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:32 pm

I am recreating the res.txt file as you suggested. That is working without a problem. Most likely this problem was due to opening and closing SWGAide while I was working on the resources in game. Thank you for your help and for creating a great tool.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:08 pm

Thanks and great that it worked out for you. In the future, if there is some trace of an error in the logs I am very, very grateful if you send them to me by email since the logs almost always points me straight to the possible cause.

There is really no need to close SWGAide. If you need to "reload" for example mails, then you just click some other toon of yours and back to the one you want to update and SWGAide checks for if you have /mailsave'd new mails.

Have fun

/Zimoon

Rommel
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Rommel » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:27 pm

Zimoon wrote:There is really no need to close SWGAide. If you need to "reload" for example mails, then you just click some other toon of yours and back to the one you want to update and SWGAide checks for if you have /mailsave'd new mails.
I am the king of this and flushed out a bug :P

TimeLorde
Novice Crafter

Post by TimeLorde » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:09 pm

Newest updates are not working for me at all, as far as ISD info goes. I click the ISD tab, wait while it reads the saved mails, and it comes back with no info and no new resources. Good thing the old version still works.

Opened it again and it worked... hmmm. Also, I had a blank field for depleted resources but when i clicked to update those boxes, depleted resources appeared and posted. Maybe it was just glitchy for me in transition.

Thanks Zimoon, this is an awesome utility.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:23 pm

TimeLorde wrote:Newest updates are not working for me at all, as far as ISD info goes. I click the ISD tab, wait while it reads the saved mails, and it comes back with no info and no new resources. Good thing the old version still works.

Opened it again and it worked... hmmm. Also, I had a blank field for depleted resources but when i clicked to update those boxes, depleted resources appeared and posted. Maybe it was just glitchy for me in transition.

Thanks Zimoon, this is an awesome utility.
There is a glitch in the GUI that I don't understand and that I hence have not been able to address, sometimes the list box (or a few) are empty, but clicking the button refreshes them and everything seems fine :shock:

/Zimoon

Rommel
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Rommel » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:06 pm

Would it be possible to put up a simple visual element on the ISDroid window to indicate when it is busy, like a progress bar.
It doesn't have to show actually progress, just a moving bar is enough, maybe it just goes left to right and then back. You know like KITT ;p

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:58 pm

Yes, I will do that. Somehow. Whenever :P

/Zimoon

Edra
Novice Crafter

Post by Edra » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:28 pm

I sent two reports today. I'm getting errors when it pulls the ISD emails. Also, it marked resources that were in the ISD emails as depleted.. On Bria/Yavin, all flora resources were marked as depleted when most were on the ISD email. I'm using v0.6.12

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:39 pm

Edra wrote:I sent two reports today. I'm getting errors when it pulls the ISD emails. Also, it marked resources that were in the ISD emails as depleted.. On Bria/Yavin, all flora resources were marked as depleted when most were on the ISD email. I'm using v0.6.12
I got 3 mails from somebody without any extra text now logs. Was that you? I replied to these mails.

I am a bit puzzled as this is the first report saying all flora were wrongly depleted. Can you also send me the ISDroid mails, please. Possibly it can be some oddity with Yavin and all of its name flavors. I will go send out some for Yavin myself, just hoping Yavin is up-to-date on Gorath.

With your help we will resolve this though :)

/Zimoon

Ysharros
Novice Crafter

Post by Ysharros » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:38 pm

Hi all

(first post on .co.uk, though I was active on swgcraft.com once upon a time ;))

SWGAide looks like a wonderful tool! I played around with it and props Zimoon for this. Had a few issues though that I thought might be useful to share.

Note: I play exclusively on Test Center Prime, so all directories referred to are in the "StarWarsGalaxies\testcenter" directory and not the main SWG directory. I had no issues with my live accounts (logically enough, I just thought I'd mention it). I pointed SWGAide at the testcenter folder when it asked me for locations (a mistake?).

After I installed SWGAide and played around with it a couple of times, my clients started losing connection after a few minutes, which usually never happens. I hadn't installed or done anything else to my machine that day, so I figured I would uninstall SWGAide and see what happened. In the absence of uninstall instructions, I just moved the SWGAide folder I'd made to the trash and hoped for the best. Since then, I've had one other fairly major issue.

Basically I couldn't interact with the SWG client until I restored the SWGAide folder to its previous place. While it's there, everything works; when I move it back to the recycle bin, the interaction problem returns. Haven't had the lost connection issues so far, but I also haven't opened SWGAide again. Wonderful though the tool is, I'd rather be connected. :lol:

I can log in just fine. I can type text into the chat bar but said text will not appear in *my* client, though oddly enough my friends can see my guild chat and spatial just fine. I can exit the game by typing /quit but /logout doesn't work. I see no system messages. Finally, I can't stand up from the sitting position you log into when you log out the long (/logout) way, nor can I interact with any nearby objects such as chests, incubators, other containers etc.

EDIT: and here's the weirdest part: this issue affects all my accounts (and those of my husband if I log onto this machine) except one. One account works perfectly regardless. It's not the same account as the one I checked out through the SWGAide interface, if that makes any kind of difference. It may have been the only one I logged into while I had SWGAide running though - was a couple of days ago now and I didn't think to take note of it at the time. :|

If nothing else, it seems that uninstall instructions might be useful in the readme. If they're in the help files for SWGAide I would like to suggest that they should be findable outside the program too, since my issues presumably come from incorrectly uninstalling the utility. I'll leave it where it is for now, though I am a little perturbed that I can't remove a utility when I feel the need to do so. What if I wanted to install SWGAide to a different directory, for instance?

Mostly for info. Shame I can't make full use of the app, but congrats on it all the same.

... further Edit. In the middle of a playing session the issue returned. Will see what I can do to resolve it, but this is now happening on the one account that *wasn't* affected and, to be honest, I'm getting a little peeved. OK, venting over.

... and another edit. The connection lost issues *aren't* gone. I'm starting to wonder if they are related after all. I logged acct1 on hubby's machine and acct2 on my machine. The char I logged in on acct 2 was standing up, so I ran her into a PA hall. She got in, but as usual couldn't chat, and nothing in the hall loaded. On the other machine, however, the char I had waiting in that hall from Acct1 could see that char.acct2 hadn't in fact entered the PA hall at all. After a couple of minutes I got the "Connection to SWG lost" message. I guess my next step is to reinstall the testcenter folder. All the same -- and I'm sorry to sound like I'm griping -- I am not at all happy to have had this pretty fatal issue from a simple utility that shouldn't really have interfered with my main client at all. :cry:

More edit -- making SWG create a whole new profiles folder seems to have worked for now (so aside from anything else, I now have to recreate all my keybindings, hotbars, preferences and whatnot. For 5 accounts. Great.). However, I am still stuck with a utility in there which, as far as I can tell, is causing all sorts of problems, and for all I know my client will stop working again in 5, 20, 120 minutes. I'm pretty angry about it right now, so I'll stop posting for the time being. I would, however, appreciate *detailed* instructions for removing SWGAide so it stops interfering with my SWG install.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:43 pm

Ysharros wrote:Hi all

(first post on .co.uk, though I was active on swgcraft.com once upon a time ;))

SWGAide looks like a wonderful tool! I played around with it and props Zimoon for this. Had a few issues though that I thought might be useful to share.

Note: I play exclusively on Test Center Prime, so all directories referred to are in the "StarWarsGalaxies\testcenter" directory and not the main SWG directory. I had no issues with my live accounts (logically enough, I just thought I'd mention it). I pointed SWGAide at the testcenter folder when it asked me for locations (a mistake?).

If you have accounts on any other galaxy too, yes. SWGAide picks up the testcenter accounts as well. If you want to fix this you now have to find the mail boxes within the SWGAide folder and drag them back to their original locations. You can do that using the Explorer (the file browser) in Windows. Then delete the file named SWGAide.DAT. Restart SWGAide which should initialize from scratch.

After I installed SWGAide and played around with it a couple of times, my clients started losing connection after a few minutes, which usually never happens. I hadn't installed or done anything else to my machine that day, so I figured I would uninstall SWGAide and see what happened. In the absence of uninstall instructions, I just moved the SWGAide folder I'd made to the trash and hoped for the best. Since then, I've had one other fairly major issue.

Ouch. I would say you just are unfortunate. The only thing I can think of is if SWGAide tries to download resource data files from SWGCraft every 15 minutes and that you have a low Internet bandwith. Can that be it?

SWGAide does not use, open, move, or change any of the SWG files other than screenshots and mails. Notes files, aliases, and macros files are read (notes files also written to) but these are not essential to the game. No other files are tampered with. Remember this is a Java program so it does not interfere with the common Windows files in any way at all, SWGAide is in that way even safer than common Windows applications.

Yes, uninstall is pretty much deleting it, Just see to it you don't erase mails and screenshots that are stored in sub-folders of SWGAide's folder.

Basically I couldn't interact with the SWG client until I restored the SWGAide folder to its previous place. While it's there, everything works; when I move it back to the recycle bin, the interaction problem returns. Haven't had the lost connection issues so far, but I also haven't opened SWGAide again. Wonderful though the tool is, I'd rather be connected. :lol:

I am really, really puzzled by this. When you say you have this issue, is SWGAide running in the background or not? I cannot think of anything that should cause it to interfere with SWG (this is actually the first report that says anything like it) and the less can it interfere with SWG if it is not started, then it is just a file on the harddisk. I can only think of the download thing mentioned above (when SWGAide is running), try disable the automatic download from the Options >> SWGCraft window.

I can log in just fine. I can type text into the chat bar but said text will not appear in *my* client, though oddly enough my friends can see my guild chat and spatial just fine. I can exit the game by typing /quit but /logout doesn't work. I see no system messages. Finally, I can't stand up from the sitting position you log into when you log out the long (/logout) way, nor can I interact with any nearby objects such as chests, incubators, other containers etc.

EDIT: and here's the weirdest part: this issue affects all my accounts (and those of my husband if I log onto this machine) except one. One account works perfectly regardless. It's not the same account as the one I checked out through the SWGAide interface, if that makes any kind of difference. It may have been the only one I logged into while I had SWGAide running though - was a couple of days ago now and I didn't think to take note of it at the time. :|

If nothing else, it seems that uninstall instructions might be useful in the readme. If they're in the help files for SWGAide I would like to suggest that they should be findable outside the program too, since my issues presumably come from incorrectly uninstalling the utility. I'll leave it where it is for now, though I am a little perturbed that I can't remove a utility when I feel the need to do so. What if I wanted to install SWGAide to a different directory, for instance?

I will add a sentence of that. You did nothing wrong though, just delete it.

Mostly for info. Shame I can't make full use of the app, but congrats on it all the same.

... further Edit. In the middle of a playing session the issue returned. Will see what I can do to resolve it, but this is now happening on the one account that *wasn't* affected and, to be honest, I'm getting a little peeved. OK, venting over.

... and another edit. The connection lost issues *aren't* gone. I'm starting to wonder if they are related after all. I logged acct1 on hubby's machine and acct2 on my machine. The char I logged in on acct 2 was standing up, so I ran her into a PA hall. She got in, but as usual couldn't chat, and nothing in the hall loaded. On the other machine, however, the char I had waiting in that hall from Acct1 could see that char.acct2 hadn't in fact entered the PA hall at all. After a couple of minutes I got the "Connection to SWG lost" message. I guess my next step is to reinstall the testcenter folder. All the same -- and I'm sorry to sound like I'm griping -- I am not at all happy to have had this pretty fatal issue from a simple utility that shouldn't really have interfered with my main client at all. :cry:

More edit -- making SWG create a whole new profiles folder seems to have worked for now (so aside from anything else, I now have to recreate all my keybindings, hotbars, preferences and whatnot. For 5 accounts. Great.). However, I am still stuck with a utility in there which, as far as I can tell, is causing all sorts of problems, and for all I know my client will stop working again in 5, 20, 120 minutes. I'm pretty angry about it right now, so I'll stop posting for the time being. I would, however, appreciate *detailed* instructions for removing SWGAide so it stops interfering with my SWG install.
Some replies in-lined in red

I am sorry to say that I believe you just had a coincidental bad luck. I assure you that SWGAide does not touch any files except the ones I have mentioned. Perhaps all you had to do was a Full Scan from the Launchpad, is that probable?

Your "griping" is OK, I can relate ;)
However, I still believe SWGAide is totally innocent.

In fact I have had troubles similar to those that you describe, not only once but several times. And most of these were even before I started out pottering with SWGAide. Again, I fully believe it is coincidental, nevertheless I feel your pain.

On the keybindings thing, have a look at http://crazydurni.com/portal/index.php? ... &Itemid=94 Which I have used successfully :)

Kindly

/Zimoon

Ysharros
Novice Crafter

Post by Ysharros » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:21 pm

It is quite possibly coincidental - Test Center gets patched several times a week usually and it could be any one of those. That said, the other machine in the house also gets those patches and has not had those issues. While it is probable that it's a coincidence, I'm not going to rule out some sort of relationship. I'm not implying there's anything wrong with the utility, more that my own setup, for whatever reason, doesn't like SWGAide + SWG + god only knows what. This is Windoze we're talking about -- it could be anything.

As it happens it's not the first time I've had trouble with Java-related stuff. I did some digging through my machine and into my own brain (my memory isn't as good as it could be :P), and it seems lots of java-created or related or -using apps and applets run into some form of trouble or other -- and often there's connection issues too. Our bandwidth should be fine, we've got a reasonable DSL package from a decent ISP, and these sometimes turn into full internet disconnects. I suspect the modem is at fault in there somewhere too. I've not updated my java stuff in a few months, I'll check for updates and other stuff there and see if maybe that can't clear up my problems.

Sadly I'm smart enough to see there's a problem and start figuring out what it might or might not be, but I'm a Jill of all trades - I know a little bit about a lot, and nothing much in depth. :D

Client issues persist. I will try the various actions you describe -- moving the mail files, then reinstalling SWGAide and pointing it at the primary SWG directory. We'll see what happens. In the meantime it seems I have a 50/50 chance of not being able to interact when I log in. It's weird. Will check the SWG tech forums too, on the off chance.

All that aside I'm even more peeved because SWGAide seems great and I'd love to use it.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:27 pm

I have now walked through all possible files in a regular SWG folder and the TC tree too. Even if you installed SWGAide in the SWG folder itself there is no file name or different that can interfere. Let me explain a little what SWGAide does and what not:

SWGAide scans the directories within profiles, it does not do anything with these folders but "takes notes" of their presence (or if they are deleted since the last time SWGAide was launched), "taking notes" is the word, reading, not changing nor writing.

SWGAide also looks for screen shots in the SWG and TC root folders and moves these files into safety. It happens (or at least it has happened) that SWG overwrites existing screen shots, thence this action.

SWGAide moves new mails to its own folder structure. This is mainly out of performance reasons, having thousands of mails it just takes a fraction of time to handle them.

The above two actions does not change anything fundamental in SWG, they are safe.

SWGAide reads the files for aliases, macros, and notes on demand, but do not write to them. Notes can be written to if you wish so, but only then.

SWGAide does not read the settings files found in the galaxies' folders, the less it changes nor writes to them.

The number one reason for ruling out SWGAide as the cause of these sad happenings at your site is that there are a quite a few users and none has reported an issue such as this one. There are a few issues with SWGAide itself, but not one as this one.

I can understand why SWGAide is blamed though, you had used it only a short time and this started to happen. No hard feeling though, I understand you and would probably have reacted the same way initially :)

Sincerely

/Zimoon

EDITED: Bypassed each other I see. Thanks for your kind words, I appreciate them. If there is anything else I will help you. And do pickup the tip above on how to reduce keybinding re-work ;) Just ensure that every time you change anything with the keys after that you repeat the procedure.

Ysharros
Novice Crafter

Post by Ysharros » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:17 pm

Oh and incidentally --
On the keybindings thing, have a look at http://crazydurni.com/portal/index.php? ... &Itemid=94 Which I have used successfully :)
All is forgiven!!!! :mrgreen:

[snip snippety edit snip]

Will stop posting on here since SWGA probably *isn't* the culprit.

(Edit) The problem has now manifested on my *other* machine, so we know for certain it's nothing to do with SWGAide... and presumably not with Java either. I'm more puzzled than ever but I'm done posting here about it, since it's unrelated. :shock: :?:

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: SWGAide v0.6.13 BETA

Post by Zimoon » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:43 pm

SWGAide version 0.6.13 Beta is uploaded.

The new version allows for trader sales way over 2 billion credits, in fact it allows for sales up to 2^62 >= 9 * 10^18 (a nine with 18 trailing zeros) before it turns wrong ;)

The new version also erases the content of "res.txt" upon error-free uploads to SWGCraft. In fact, SWGAide does not really delete the "res.txt" but renames it to "res.bak" until your next session with ISDroids, if you want/need to use the file again.

Should the file "res.txt" not be empty when you want to "write to "res.txt"" the next time, a dialog will ask you if you want to erase the content. Again the file is just renamed to "res.bak" until next time it is rewritten (which is when the following error-free upload finishes).

Some kinds of errors that previously made it into the error log, with a subsequent error handling alert, will now rather raise different kinds of dialogs and tell you what happened. Some of these, but not all, errors will rather be logged in the regular log file.

Not all of these error dialogs give a meaningful message, please continue and mail me, or post them here, the error messages that are not really understandable and useful. I want to address them one by one as I receive them and will try to see how it is possible to address the causes. Mainly it is Internet glitches though, not much I can do but ask you to try again.

Some heads up on what I really do at the moment, besides small bug fixes:

I have had to redo some of the back-end data structures to allow for easier and smoother support for resource views. As my spare time allows me to I am adding what is necessary for what you , and myself, is waiting for. That means that many of your current wishes will be postponed and added to my backlog, only to be dealt with in due time.

Cheers

Zimoon