SWGAide v0.7.33 Beta

Moderator: Forum Moderator

maninspace
Intermediate Crafter

Re: SWGAide v0.7.30 Beta

Post by maninspace » Sat May 02, 2009 1:49 pm

Hi Zimoon,
is it working "as intended" if I can't enter a date in the trade/sales filter?
I want to filter all sales since my last restock, so I can track the stock.

Greetings and a nice weekend to you all!

maninspace
SWG/DE Chronicle Master Correspondent

Europe-Farstar:
Horman Sheridan, Ta-awe Ifofa, Sahoo Arej, Anke Strassburg
Starsider:
Horman Sheridan, Hormon Sheridan

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat May 02, 2009 2:25 pm

maninspace wrote:Hi Zimoon,
is it working "as intended" if I can't enter a date in the trade/sales filter?
I want to filter all sales since my last restock, so I can track the stock.

Greetings and a nice weekend to you all!

maninspace
Filtering on date is on the wish-list already. A "replenish"-feature is also om the very same list 8)

/Zimoon

maninspace
Intermediate Crafter

Post by maninspace » Sat May 02, 2009 2:51 pm

Thx for the fast reply - 1st class service :)

Oh, just another idea - this time for the guards:
What do you think about coloring the guards, which just meet the criterias with resources you have in your inventory, in another color -

i.e.

1) no ressi meeting the threshold = white (or not showing, if you chose the option)
2) actual resource spawn meeting the threshold = orange (like it does now)
3) there is no actual spawn, but at least one of your inventory meeting the threshold = green

Europe-Farstar:
Starsider:

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun May 03, 2009 12:39 pm

avolo wrote:Two topics (not sure if they have been previously addressed. 56 pages is a lot to read thru):

1) Can you add a sorting hierarchy to the Inventory tab like the one you have on the Current Resources tab?

2) Resource stats don't seem to follow the display options I have set when I use the Resource Hierarchy to sort out what I don't want to see. The image below shows all resources (on top) and sorted resources (on bottom). In it you can see that the cells are color coded when in full view but fail to adhere to the color coding when in sorted view.

Sorry for my initial confusion, had I read and studied your original post more carefully I would have noticed that there is a misconception. It turns out that this is a documentation bug that I will fix in a few minutes.

So, when you have selected "All Resources" the coloring reverts to the class itself, that is, the coloring is based on the stats and the caps of the class itself. When you filter on any other resource class the coloring is based on the stats and the caps for the selected class, whether that is a "parent class" or the real resource class.

So, in your example you chose a Kelsh Copper. Kelsh Copper has the upper caps as follows:

Code: Select all

CD=850 CR=560 DR=490 HR=515 MA=850 OQ=1000 SR=650 UT=650
The red markers in your example are for MA, SR, and UT, which are 825, 645, and 648 respectively, or in % relative their caps: 97.1%, 99.2%, and 99.7%.

However, when you drill down (filter rather than sort) you stop at Non-Ferrous Metal which has these upper caps:

Code: Select all

CD=1000 CR=800 DR=800 HR=800 MA=1000 OQ=1000 SR=900 UT=1000
That is, only SR now has an upper cap, but it is as high as 900, and 645/900 gives just 71.7% and should not be colored.

So, I will add a line in the documentation for SWGAide that clearly reads that the coloring for "All Resources" will be relative the resource class itself.

Thanks for reporting this, it made me have a second (or rather 55th) look at the help file.

On a side note, you can adjust the colors as you want to, just click at the colored button next to where you can adjust the limits for fair/good/great :)

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun May 03, 2009 12:43 pm

Oops, forgot your suggestion nbr 1: You can do that already, but with the drop down in the bottom row. Perhaps not as convenient as at the current resources view, but either the existing solution or wasting a lot of space at the panel for just a quite small tree-lie chooser. If there are also other features that possibly would fit into small panels (similar to the panel for current reosurces) I will definitely consider switching.

Cheers

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: SWGAide v0.7.31 Beta

Post by Zimoon » Sun May 03, 2009 4:28 pm

SWGAide version 0.7.31 Beta, is now available.

This is a bug fix release, no new features really. The history file reads:
Now filtering on Trade Sales screen works also with parentheses (){}[].
Import from notes file no longer requires amount to be specified.
Updating mails should no longer cause SWGAide to choke.
Changed base URL for SWGCraft to the .org domain.
Added better error reporting for "unknown host".
Warning colors at the harvesting panel should work now.
Clarified and edited documentation for current resources.
Thanks for all reports and suggestions you continue to provide, great feedback folks :)

Please report any problems or errors.

Now back to working with schematics support, which has been put on hold for a few days due to this release :)

/Zimoon

maninspace
Intermediate Crafter

Post by maninspace » Mon May 04, 2009 4:26 pm

Hey Zimoon,
how are you today?
Just discovered a problem with the new version:
I cant use the "add to harvester panel" function anymore.
In the dialog I can't choose any Harvester from the pulldown, it is deactivated - just can choose an owner :(

Europe-Farstar:
Starsider:

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon May 04, 2009 8:06 pm

maninspace wrote:Hey Zimoon,
how are you today?
Just discovered a problem with the new version:
I cant use the "add to harvester panel" function anymore.
In the dialog I can't choose any Harvester from the pulldown, it is deactivated - just can choose an owner :(
This is a bug I have been trying to track down, occurring randomly and I cannot seem to pinpoint it. For now, exit SWGAide and restart and it will work again.

About the only thing I have noticed is that it happens after I have done other things to harvesters first, such as refreshing and/or deactivating one or more harvesters prior to this bug. All tries to reproduce it fails, but I have seen it myself. Need to spend more time for this one. Sorry.

/Zimoon

maninspace
Intermediate Crafter

Post by maninspace » Mon May 04, 2009 8:10 pm

No problem, no need to excuse - i just know, how much you love bug-reports ;)

but i can confirm, that it happened, after some refreshing of other harverster first!

Europe-Farstar:
Starsider:

avolo
Novice Crafter

Post by avolo » Tue May 05, 2009 8:39 pm

Zimoon wrote:
avolo wrote:Two topics (not sure if they have been previously addressed. 56 pages is a lot to read thru):

<snip>

Sorry for my initial confusion, had I read and studied your original post more carefully I would have noticed that there is a misconception. It turns out that this is a documentation bug that I will fix in a few minutes.

/Zimoon
Thanks for clearing that up. It seems odd to me to have the logic change at different levels. If you applied the logic at the "All Resources" level to the filtered levels, the color coding would still apply. If you applied the logic at the filtered levels to the All Resources level, everything would likely have a cap of 1000 and the colors would not make sense which is what I saw as a bug. Why not use the same logic on the filtered levels that you use on the All Resources level? Isn't a capped resource a capped resource or would using the Kelsh copper I show in a schem that calls for Non-ferrous result in a craft of 71.7 rather than 99.2? This is where I'm foggy on crafting. I thought a craft was based on the specific resource cap not on the cap for the category.

maninspace
Intermediate Crafter

Post by maninspace » Tue May 05, 2009 9:01 pm

Zimoon,
just a small new idea - how about a "export to notes file" of the inventory, with the same syntax as the "import from notes file".
I just tried the regular export inventory - but when I open it IG, I have the list in CSV style, which is a bit hard to read, especialy, if I just want to have a way to update my inventory and its amounts.

Greetings,
maninspace

Europe-Farstar:
Starsider:

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue May 05, 2009 9:27 pm

avolo wrote:
Zimoon wrote:

<snip>

/Zimoon
Thanks for clearing that up. It seems odd to me to have the logic change at different levels. If you applied the logic at the "All Resources" level to the filtered levels, the color coding would still apply. If you applied the logic at the filtered levels to the All Resources level, everything would likely have a cap of 1000 and the colors would not make sense which is what I saw as a bug. Why not use the same logic on the filtered levels that you use on the All Resources level? Isn't a capped resource a capped resource or would using the Kelsh copper I show in a schem that calls for Non-ferrous result in a craft of 71.7 rather than 99.2? This is where I'm foggy on crafting. I thought a craft was based on the specific resource cap not on the cap for the category.
No, all quality is actually based on, not what the resources themselves are capped at but what the schematic calls for in each particular slot. That is what confuses most new crafters, they understand that a certain iron (for example) has a cap, even a cap that is different from another iron, Plumbum and Kammris to mention just two. But if the schematic calls for Iron it is very different than the caps for Plumbum Iron which might be the one you try to use, with a really bad outcome since Plumbum is the worst of all kinds of Iron (best possible CD and CR are even worse than recycled iron). This is described in detail in chapter "Power Crafting" in the Beginners Guide for Crafters.

So, in SWGAide the logic does not change between the different "levels" of a resource class, on the contrary, the logic is the same for all resource classes respectively: the color is based on the stat relative the cap of the selected resource class, always. With just one "exception": when All Resources is selected SWGAide presents the colors based on the stats of the resource relative the caps of its own resource class (this is the same as having no resource class selected at all, thus it is not a real exception).

Why this "exception"?
Simply because this is the quickest way ever to present each resource's quality vs. its own resource class. You simply do not have to drill down each resource class by itself to see if a particular resource is good or not, if anything cons red it is great, but only if you really need that particular resource class.

Now I hope I have described why this scheme was chosen over other possible schemes. If you have a suggestion on how to improve usability, perhaps another scheme that could be provided as a selectable option, I am all ears :)

Greetings
/Zimoon

Swedishoyster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Swedishoyster » Fri May 08, 2009 11:05 am

I just downloaded and installed SWGAide at work and so far I like it, being at work I havent been able to try all features and stuff. Just one thing, on your site http://simongronlund.googlepages.com/SWGAide it still points to the old swgcraft.co.uk address.
Sork Inc. Perdition, Dantooine
Hunterella, Architect/Armorsmith - Sorkella, Ranger/Riflewoman
Snufsan, Tailor/Chef/x - Healerella, Doctor
Bimborella, Swordswoman/Medic - Sniperella, Rifle/BE

Tharek Tolemac
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Tharek Tolemac » Fri May 08, 2009 1:33 pm

Is it possible that there is a bug in the guard import/export?

Since a few days I have errors when I try to import the csv file.

Here is the Error Log:
[curr] Import guards error: class java.lang.NumberFormatException:For input string:
"Trimpian" Thakitollo Rakririan, Burnout Sauce, Trimpian, Scrimpi Water (45),Water,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,100,0,0,0,960,1,0,

Is my title too long or something? Happens to 5 filters, but always the same ones.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri May 08, 2009 3:35 pm

Tharek Tolemac wrote:Is it possible that there is a bug in the guard import/export?

Since a few days I have errors when I try to import the csv file.

Here is the Error Log:
[curr] Import guards error: class java.lang.NumberFormatException:For input string:
"Trimpian" Thakitollo Rakririan, Burnout Sauce, Trimpian, Scrimpi Water (45),Water,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,100,0,0,0,960,1,0,

Is my title too long or something? Happens to 5 filters, but always the same ones.
Hmm, I believe it is that there are a lot of , signs in the title of it. I consider it a bug, SWGAide should take care of the comma signs and either refuse that title or replace them with something else. For now, shorten the title and rather have the "Trimpian" Thakitollo Rakririan, Burnout Sauce, Trimpian, Scrimpi in the notes. Notice, I am at work and am just guessing here 8)

/Zimoon