Resources with no stats?

Moderator: Forum Moderator

ssjhook
Novice Crafter

Resources with no stats?

Post by ssjhook » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:33 am

Not sure why but i'm getting resources with no stats from SWGCraft, its annoying cause they show up in my guards....

any help or ideas would be great, i've reinstalled swgcraft with no luck

I checked swgcraft, the resources have stats, and they're crap.

Sobuno
Developer

Re: Resources with no stats?

Post by Sobuno » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:00 am

ssjhook wrote:I checked swgcraft, the resources have stats, and they're crap.
I've checked about half of the resources in your screenshot without stats; they do not have stats on SWGCraft either.

SWGCraft is a user-driven project, the resources aren't automagically entered the moment they appear on the servers, but are instead added by dedicated surveyers/crafter/other people. In order to do this, the submitters use (a combination of) survey devices, ISD reports and the 30 k resource kit in order to find out what resources are available. If the submitter only uses an ISD report to add the resources, no stats are added (As reports do not contain stats). "But resource entries are only useful if there's stats" you may say. To that, I give you this link: No stats vs. with stats

Now, Zimoon is the official developer of SWGAide, so I do not know why these resources are included in your guards, but my guess is as following: If a resource of the type your guard is set up to "guard" is entered into the database and has no stats, there is no possible way for SWGAide to know whether this is a top-of-the-line resource with all stats capped or a resource that is just plain grinding material. As such, it notifies you of the resource as it still has the potential to be a good resource. So you go in-game to check out the stats of the resource and find out it's a bad resource. How do you get the resource to not be included in the guard anymore? Update the stats, which can be done at SWGCraft by simply resubmitting the resource or clicking Image next to the entry on the Current Resources page (Or through SWGAide I presume). The result is that it will no longer show up in your guard AND you will have helped out your fellow crafters :)

HydroTek
Intermediate Crafter

Post by HydroTek » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:59 pm

Welcome to swgcraft ssjhook
Sobuno wrote:Update the stats, which can be done at SWGCraft ...
Use a "resource crate" deed to see the stats in question, or travel to the planets and survey each resource without stats. You get status points, here at swgcraft, for each resource you post 8)

IMHO players "should" take the few minutes extra time and fill in the stats, when they post a resource. You may want to send this person an in-game /tell to understand why they didn't include the stats ..provided Pani is their game name :)
ssjhook wrote:I checked swgcraft, the resources have stats, and they're crap.
Please re-check and be sure you are on the right server ...I do not see any stats on the resources in question.
If it's stuck :x ...force it ...if it breaks, :shock: you needed a new one anyway :)
Characters(Legends): HydroTek, Ditty, and Talo ..give a shout if you see me in game

Harpua
Novice Crafter

Post by Harpua » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:12 pm

Sobuno wrote: SWGCraft is a user-driven project, the resources aren't automagically entered the moment they appear on the servers, but are instead added by dedicated surveyers/crafter/other people.
What?!? I thought all the stats were automagically entered by elves? Isn't that why I pay my tribute to the Sacred Order of Elves every month? Damned elves. You can never trust them...

ssjhook
Novice Crafter

Post by ssjhook » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:29 pm

I understand how SWGCraft works however I checked on one of the resources that was missing and it had stats on the site, I must of been mistaken

Well thanks for clearing that up for me, I wonder if there's a way to make the resources without stats fall under a certain class or take the missing data as a 0?

but I guess thats something to add into the suggestion thread

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:45 pm

ssjhook wrote:I understand how SWGCraft works however I checked on one of the resources that was missing and it had stats on the site, I must of been mistaken
There is also the possibility that the stats were entered within the last hour (Or is it 30 minutes? I can't remember). The files that SWGAide use from our site are generated once an hour (Or is it 30 minutes? I can't remember), so if the stats were entered since the last generation, they would not have been updated in SWGAide yet.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:46 pm

Hi ssjhook, I believe you are fisherman from Ahazi that tell'd me.

The screenshot is not exactly what I understood from he tells, but I may have been distracted -- what the people here told you is correct.

However, for general knowledge and not only ssjhook:
If a resource is reported without stats at SWGCraft and if stats are supplied later but that is not reflected in SWGAide within an hour or less,
  1. check Options >> SWGCraft >> dialog at which you select your main galaxy and tick the Auto-update checkbox
  2. switch to a toon at another galaxy and see current resources there, and then back again, to trigger an extra update check
  3. have a look at the log files, both of them: if anything seems related to resources not updating you can mail or PM me
  4. report it as a bug in SWGAide at this forum and tell exactly what is wrong, how to trigger the error, and the result you expected SWGAide to have
SWGAide is not bug free, but hopefully it will be with the help of your patience and bug-reports and my galactical kindness :lol:

ssjhook, you mentioned resource-guards. If you have a guard for say Vintrium Extrusive Ore (a named resource class for AS) you are probably interested to have the guard yell at you even if the resource is reported without stats. You do not want to miss one single day of a potentially great resource just because the guard did not alert you because of no stats. Perhaps somebody supplied the stats just after you stop playing and ... That is the reason they alert for correct resource class also for resources without stats.

But again, of course there may be some bug that play games with you, and me. Then I want to know how to find it, once I know that it is usually a matter of minutes to fix it, and days or a week to provide a new version.

Thanks for your patience with me, hopefully you enjoy SWGAide anyway :)

Zimoon