Can i use with 2 servers?

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Nautillus
Novice Crafter

Can i use with 2 servers?

Post by Nautillus » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:58 am

I have characters on 2 servers, Bloodfin which is working like a charm. An chimaera which I can not seem to get to update. Is there a trick to running 2 different characters?

I'm kinda relying on Chimaera's crafters to update swgcraft.

any advice would help

Nautillus (BF)
Willum (Chim)
Icthys Max, Shipwright - Starsider
Nautillus, Weaponsmith - Starsider
Mannaray, Droids - Bloodfin
Willum Hammersmith, Structures - Chimaera
U'ss, Droids - Chimaera

HydroTek
Intermediate Crafter

Re: Can i use with 2 servers?

Post by HydroTek » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:06 am

Hello old friend :)
I do just what you are asking about ..just be sure that you have the proper toon selected on SWGAide main screen ..all there is to it :)
You should see the resources update after a couple minutes.
If it's stuck :x ...force it ...if it breaks, :shock: you needed a new one anyway :)
Characters(Legends): HydroTek, Ditty, and Talo ..give a shout if you see me in game

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:02 pm

As Hydro said :)

But time depends on your Internet bandwidth I'd say, for me it updates in about 10 to 20 sec, but sure, it can be more.

Now to rhe fine print. SWGAide supports ONE main galaxy, the one you select at menu Options >> SWGCraft >> dialog. Guards for this galaxy is always scanned for, also if you are "visiting" any other galaxy or doing whatever. Guards for another galaxy, or several, are scanned only when the galaxy is "visited". However, monitors and active harvesters are always scanned, no matter which galaxy they are located at.

This was for resources but you select galaxy the same way for schematics, to link to the appropriate resource inventory.

Regards
Zimoon

Edra
Novice Crafter

Post by Edra » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:40 pm

For a while I was updating Starsider and Bria. What I did was create two separate directories with swgaide, one for Starsider and one for Bria.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:25 pm

Edra wrote:For a while I was updating Starsider and Bria. What I did was create two separate directories with swgaide, one for Starsider and one for Bria.
But why would you do that?

The only reason I could think of is if you switch between toons and their ISDroid panels while in the midst of updating any of the galaxies, is that the reason?

Otherwise I appreciate if you elaborate on what makes it work better having two directories? One for each galaxy?

Zimoon

Edra
Novice Crafter

Post by Edra » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:16 am

Zimoon wrote:
Edra wrote:For a while I was updating Starsider and Bria. What I did was create two separate directories with swgaide, one for Starsider and one for Bria.
But why would you do that?

The only reason I could think of is if you switch between toons and their ISDroid panels while in the midst of updating any of the galaxies, is that the reason?

Otherwise I appreciate if you elaborate on what makes it work better having two directories? One for each galaxy?

Zimoon
The only reason is to update each galaxy without having to change accounts/characters on the main tab. Being that I have many accounts, that list is huge.

Nitebytes
Novice Crafter

Post by Nitebytes » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:34 pm

Does the same apply if I'm running two PCs, and sometimes run my trader on PC1 and sometimes on PC2?

(one machine is aged and lags like a dog making combat impossible but copes admirable with semi-afk manual sampling / buffing (I also run an ent on one of my accounts)
Server: Eclipse
Guild: Orion
Toons:
Cha'guar Gotha'kon:- Engineer and Geneticist
Kay'leigh:- Dancer, Musician & Plastic Surgeon
Quay-Shi:- Gun for Hire & Interior Designer
Kay'le:- Naritus Refugee, Medic & Beastmaster

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:23 pm

Nitebytes wrote:Does the same apply if I'm running two PCs, and sometimes run my trader on PC1 and sometimes on PC2?

(one machine is aged and lags like a dog making combat impossible but copes admirable with semi-afk manual sampling / buffing (I also run an ent on one of my accounts)
Not sure who/what you refer to but...

Not long ago SWGAide was updated so that you can have it on for example an USB-stick that you moves between computers and with some help from you it finds SWG and works as usual from there. Consider how and what you do with mails, if you for character Luke /mailsave at computer A but not at B I suggest you select the option to always copy mails from SWG into SWGAide. Otherwise you will always see a somewhat different view. Rather than an USB-stick you could have SWGAide at a shared location in your network, but remember it can only run at one computer a time or you will corrupt the DAT file.

You can also decide to just copy the file SWGAide.DAT from computer A to B and from B to A all the time, depending on what you do. This does not support copy-mails but you will at least have the same resource inventory. IMHO this use has limited merit, I'd go for the USB-stick.

Me too have a massive numbers of accounts and many galaxies on each of them. However, right click the accounts/galaxies you do not want to see and select "Hide" to reduce the display. There is an "Unhide" in the Edit menu (somewhat clumsy as it unhides everything).

Yeah, other than not having to visit the Main tab and select another character I think there is no reason to run two SWGAides, possibly you end up with different resource inventories and Yoda knows what. But everybody is entitled to be happy with whatever :lol:

In summary:
Resource guards automagically check resources for the selected main galaxy and the currently visited galaxy.
Resource monitors and harvesters are always checked automatically no matter which galaxy.
To switch galaxy you just select a galaxy and a character at the Main tab, at the "tree" to the left.
Resource inventories are different between galaxies, not mixed.
Schematics are mixed though, there is a long list of possible improvements but little time so...
Trade mails are per character, not mixed in any way.

Does this answer all questions? :mrgreen:

Nitebytes
Novice Crafter

Post by Nitebytes » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:24 am

Awesome. Thank you. Yes! USB Sticks ftw!
Server: Eclipse
Guild: Orion
Toons:
Cha'guar Gotha'kon:- Engineer and Geneticist
Kay'leigh:- Dancer, Musician & Plastic Surgeon
Quay-Shi:- Gun for Hire & Interior Designer
Kay'le:- Naritus Refugee, Medic & Beastmaster