Possible additional laboratory functionality

Moderator: Forum Moderator

vagrant
Novice Crafter

Possible additional laboratory functionality

Post by vagrant » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:30 pm

Have you considered adding a mock combine to the laboratory section?
Something like this:

1) Select the resources for a given schem
2) Hit combine
3) Output the maximum quality percentage pre-experimentation(29%) and highest possible post-experiment percent (100%) for the resources selected.

I'm sure that this is possible but don't know the algorithm SWG uses for establishing quality.

Reason:
I know that I've used or waited for much higher quality resources than what were needed to achieve the 100% result. This function would make it so that you could use the minimum quality input for the maximum quality output.

Just a thought

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Possible additional laboratory functionality

Post by Zimoon » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:48 am

Yes, this is what I am working with right now. Those that possibly follow the code commits towards SourceForge might think differently but I have a pretty clear image of what to do ... and that will be neat :D

/Zimoon

vagrant
Novice Crafter

Post by vagrant » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:52 pm

Thought you might already have those wheels turning :D

Thanks for your commitment to doing a great job!!

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:10 pm

I may comment a bit on this subject, and also ask for feedback.

First version will display possible outcome for selected resources in %, line by line (experimental). However...

1) Percent of cap is one thing, but how does that relate to units such as "max efficiency" or "DPS" or "hit points"?

2) Some items do not require 100% resources to yield best possible outcome, how to display that?

For 1) it is easy to display whatever number if we simply have a table of maximum value and what unit. For example an elite harvester would be max=44 and unit=BER, and so forth for every single schematic that is rated in some way. Percent is always valid and works as a fallback, but it would be nice... One thing is certain: I might be a nerd but I am still just a human nerd with limits 8)

For 2) we know that these items are not many but they are there. An easily tested example is personal harvesters, max BER is somewhere 80%-ish if I remember, and you can put the rest of the experiment boxes in hopper size. Also here we need a table as above but another item for the "steps of the stair" and that the final step is for best-possible.

Any feedback, suggestions, and data is welcomed, as always. Data may be provided in any sort or form but if a stupid computer can read it right away it is awesome :)

Have fun
Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:12 pm

A dialog is added to The Laboratory that is named Test-Bench, it has the features asked for to display the end result for a combination of resources. In a way it looks and is similar to the in-game "add resources" window, but it does not support drag-n-drop ... yet.

As mentioned above, to make it display something related to a named measurement such as "max hitpoints" we need those in a form that SWGAide can make use of and compute against, see the previous post.

Enjoy
Zimoon