help with noob please

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Ambosa
Novice Crafter

help with noob please

Post by Ambosa » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:12 am

Hi, I know i'm probably doing something wrong but I just cannot figure out what is happening. Can anybody help?

After using the /mailsave command I get the message that x amount of mails have been saved to my profile and there was 0 errors. Then look in swgaide and nothing is there- says i have no mails - need to use mailsave etc. Ive took all the steps and im a bit lost why nothing is showing up? Also used the import thing to import them from profiles and still nothing showing up on there at all.... I've made sure im linked to swgcraft and have the right settings for my server on the options too

Any ideas?

Oh, one last thing, on my chatlog txt it is only showing the log in notes from when i first registered on swgaide 4th december

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: help with noob please

Post by Zimoon » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:55 am

If you are using Window 7 or Vista, please verify that there is no error noticed in any of SWGAide's two log files. If there are, did you read the section on Windows in the README file? In the case there are other errors, please continue here but do not post log files as they may contain sensitive data.

About the chat-log file, it is never touched by SWGAide, not even read. However, unless you have enable /log inside SWG it is not updated. I think (not sure) that you must do /log each time you log into game.

/Zim

Ambosa
Novice Crafter

Post by Ambosa » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:49 am

Yes i'm glad i put the word "noob" in the title, yes there are errors in there - my partner has just explained that i might not have done the admin thing on vista properly - he's going to sort that out for me later so i'll report back as soon as i know more
ty and sorry for this

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:05 am

Notice the very strong difference between n00b and newb:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=n00b
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=noob

You seem to be the latter/better kind :D

Next version of SWGAide has a dialog that displays a dialog for you when this happens, that will help.

/Zimoon

Ambosa
Novice Crafter

Post by Ambosa » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:25 pm

Zimoon wrote:Notice the very strong difference between n00b and newb:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=n00b
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=noob

You seem to be the latter/better kind :D

Next version of SWGAide has a dialog that displays a dialog for you when this happens, that will help.

/Zimoon
Thanks - you learn something new every day and I would say im definatley a newb when it comes to swgcraft/aide :)
Which brings me to my next bit here........ :p

The admin thing was correct, yes i had added swgaide to admin, but i had not clicked the "show all users" and put on admin so that was the problem, once done - i booted up and was overjoyed to see all my mails etc there. I began the ISD procedure for gathering resource stats and once collected I /mailsaved them and maximised swgaide to take a look, the reports were there in my ISD folder fine no problem.
I had previously made sure my options were all set on swgaide for my toon on farstar and that the connection with SWGcraft was correct and verified etc, I then went back to ziso's guide on swg forums to add the ISD info etc and this is where i get my next big problem.
The button marked "submit 1 & 2" is not highlighted and does not do anything at all when you click it, its just as though its plain black and white text inside a box and nothing happens when you hold your cursor over it or click it. So I deleted my ISD reports and tried again to see if the button would work and let me use the "submit 1 & 2" button. Again nothing. I wondered if it was a glitch or something so i re-booted game, re-booted swgaide and tried again, now what is happening is the ISD reports are going to my inbox and not the ISD folder, so I tried moving them to ISD folder, which i did but still cannot use the "submit 1 & 2" button.
So I am stuck, I asked Ziso and he said maybe a flash bug or something? I installed the new update 19.1 or 1.9? was it? so is this the problem maybe? have i missed something?
Any advice would be great please?
I was almost ripping my hair out at 4am this morning lol, I just really want to get this established for me and working :/
Ok thanks again

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:51 pm

I have another report regarding the new version and ISDroid reports. I am finally at home from work and will just have dinner before looking into this. If you did a backup you should be able to use the old version, replace the JAR file and the DAT file with the backed up versions.

I am so sorry for the inconvenience and trouble and am eager to see what made it possible to slip this through the testing phase.

/Zim

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:19 pm

Problem found, a silly mistake made all ISDroids identify themselves as plain mails, which made the ISDroid panel not populate itself because SWGAide could not find any mails. I will just run a batch at Chimaera and see if it works.

/Zimoon

Ambosa
Novice Crafter

Post by Ambosa » Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:09 pm

Yay it's all working and i'm witnessing the genious engine at work - Wow Its great :)))
Still having a few issues though, nothing to do with the tech though, just my newb initiation going along fine......... :)
Here, if youre bored :p http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/post ... id=1159910
Thanks again, wonderful assistance and awesome site ty ty

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:21 pm

Great to hear :D

Remember two things, not only you but all of us:
1) use the F1 key when you need help -- navigate to the appropriate window
2) after SWGAide is started the first time, double click the "index.html" file for all help texts

Cheers
Zimoon