SWGAide -- next version

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

SWGAide -- next version

Post by Zimoon » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:35 pm

Recently I have spent much spare time on making SWGAide "host independent" which is fancy gibberish for making it work no matter where SWG is located and possible to move around SWGAide. At the same time SWGAide is changed so it does not move mails from SWG to the "mails" folder, but it can optionally copy them there.

This does not sound like much, I know, but many changes were very deep inside so some intestines are in fact ripped out, redesigned, and put back. Another improvement is that the DAT file will shrink a lot, certainly so of you have thousands of mails around.

If everything works as expected it should be possible to run SWGAide from a USB stick or over a local network. Or if you rather copy/move around just its DAT file.

That said, when is the new version published?

I am in the final testing phase ... however, because of the many deep-inside changes I am sure there are bugs doing their best to hide from me and if a couple of you guys want to test it out it would speed things up. This must be done separate from your usual SWGAide as the new version is not backwards compatible. Send me PM if you are interested and have the next week available. Hopefully the new versions is public before mid-December :)

Regards
Zimoon

maninspace
Intermediate Crafter

Re: SWGAide -- next version

Post by maninspace » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:18 pm

Hi Zimoon,
good to read something new from you. was getting worried, if everything is fine in your RL.
you know, that your fan community will support you with any help you need :) - and we know, how much you love bug reports :D

so, if you like, call me in for testing :)

greetings

maninspace
SWG/DE Chronicle Master Correspondent

Europe-Farstar:
Horman Sheridan, Ta-awe Ifofa, Sahoo Arej, Anke Strassburg
Starsider:
Horman Sheridan, Hormon Sheridan

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:33 pm

noted, tomorrow I will wrap up a zip-file plus instructions (they are sparse) ... tonight I will disable one feature I am wooried about which we can live without for the first minor versions.

awesome friends I have :D

Zim

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:28 pm

The first test version is uploaded, PM-ing you guys :)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:20 pm

Short heads-up:

A few guys have tested the next version and so far no bug reports but I am told SWGAide works like a charm at USB-stick and moving it around between different computers.

Testing continues as well as minor polishing. Unless something nasty happens I will publish the next version soon, possibly Wednesday or Thursday.

/Zimoon