Question about updating multiple servers with swgaide...

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Question about updating multiple servers with swgaide...

Post by Monty Burns » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:21 am

I am looking at helping out with updating on Flurry so I need to change anything in SWGAide to facilitate this, I don't want to start updating and find I am screwing up Sunrunners resource list.

Currently I was thinking I would switch to my Flurry toon is SWGAide and start updating using that toon in game but do I have to change from Sunrunner to Flurry in SWGAides "Main Galaxy" options?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Question about updating multiple servers with swgaide...

Post by Zimoon » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:43 pm

Monty Burns wrote:I am looking at helping out with updating on Flurry so I need to change anything in SWGAide to facilitate this, I don't want to start updating and find I am screwing up Sunrunners resource list.
That won't happen whatever you do. SWGAide does not mix it up but keeps them apart. No worries. I have characters at different galaxies myself, those left behind at Gorath, my active at Chim, and those I use for testing, and it works without a hitch.
Monty Burns wrote:Currently I was thinking I would switch to my Flurry toon is SWGAide and start updating using that toon in game but do I have to change from Sunrunner to Flurry in SWGAides "Main Galaxy" options?
Set that to where you consider your main galaxy. This is it...

SWGAide always executes all your guards for your main galaxy, no matter the currently selected character and its galaxy.

SWGAide executes all your guards for the galaxy of the currently selected character. This means that you can select any character and SWGAide knows which galaxy to serve, via the character's homestead.

This is true also when handling ISDriods, the character determines which galaxy to service.

While at galaxy transfers: if you bring along resources, at the old inventory panel for the galaxy you export all of your inventory to file (but do not delete anything yet). Open the file in a text editor, for example Wordpad, erase all lines with resources that you do not bring over, and save. Switch to a character at the new and at the inventory panel import from file. Because the resources are in SWGAide's cache (for the old inventory) the import is quick, but you will see the resource names prepended with (Flurry) or whatever. Now, either delete entries one by one from the old inventory, or delete all and load from a file with only the remaining files.

Remember that in the "backups" folder you have a file no older than 2 days ago. If necessary, move away the DAT file and replace it with a recent backup file (copy and rename).

Good luck
/Zimoon