Guards

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Nautillus
Novice Crafter

Guards

Post by Nautillus » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:47 pm

I'm still kind of a noob.

Is there a walk through on how to create a guard. An example of a guard, and what the guard will looklike when implemented.

On Bloodfin I am the primary contributer to swgcraft. So I inform my guildmates when something comes along worht harvesting.

Also I would like to know more about the inventory option.

Nautillus
Icthys Max, Shipwright - Starsider
Nautillus, Weaponsmith - Starsider
Mannaray, Droids - Bloodfin
Willum Hammersmith, Structures - Chimaera
U'ss, Droids - Chimaera

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Guards

Post by Zimoon » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:51 pm

There are two ways ... nae ... probably many more:

At Current Resources, press F1 and read ... or find the file index.html in your folder for SWGAide an go from there.

At Schematics, for example the Laboratory ... select a low quality schematic of some kind, right click over a resource and select Plain Guard. This brings up the Create Guard dialog with the fields filled in for a plain guard of some resource class ... study that ... chiefly a plain guard has OQ=1 which makes it yell at you as soon as something that fits that resource class spawns --- all resources has OQ and if the limit is 1 ... 8)

At the same location, select a quality schematic and this time select Quality Guard. Same procedure ... study and see. Chiefly a quality guard has a resource class and the weights-for-stats that the schematic calls for, they always sum up to around 100. The threshold is the minimum limit relative 1000 ... but that is after that the caps for the selected resource class is weighed in.

I almost always have quality guards with experimental weights, only some exceptions to the rule where I have some plain value for a certain stat, but this time the guard does not weigh in caps so I must know possible limits myself**

Example, select a food and right-click one of the organics (assume Fungi) for the Nutrition lines, then select Quality Guard. It will most probably have PE=66 and OQ=33, a threshold that equals the value you have selected for the Great color at the Resources section (display options), and some text at the notes field. That is a guard that will alert when any Fungi spawns where the computed weight for PE+OQ is above the threshold. Either value can be UNDER the threshold but then the other supports the total. Now then ... is this a great resource? Could be, if the rate is 960 or better it will cap the produce but only if also all other resources are above 960. But ... also have a look at FL and DR because these matter for charges and duration, still a 9860+ resource is good for a beginner.

Does this help? :)

Zimoon

Nautillus
Novice Crafter

Post by Nautillus » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:19 pm

I will have to look.

Let me make an example. Wood i need oq 33% 960 96% and the sr 66% 672 (cap is 700) so 96%

will the guard only alert me when these guards are met? will it average if the oq goes higher and sr a bit lower?
U'ss, Droids - Chimaera

Nautillus
Novice Crafter

Post by Nautillus » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:48 pm

ok more specific:

bm purity inert gas oq 50 ut 50 960

how is this going to work? this gas has no ut?

does it know to disregaurd the ut and look at oq only?

cause 960+0/2=480 wich will never trigger
U'ss, Droids - Chimaera

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:20 pm

Nautillus wrote:I will have to look.

Let me make an example. Wood i need oq 33% 960 96% and the sr 66% 672 (cap is 700) so 96%

will the guard only alert me when these guards are met? will it average if the oq goes higher and sr a bit lower?
This guard is setup by the following:

Wood: OQ=33 and SR=66 and threshold=960

Because it is a weighted guard it will keep track of caps itself.
It will alert when the sum of 0.33*OQ + 0.67*SR_adjusted_for_cap is >= 960.
This means that a lower OQ but a great SR may trigger the guard, or a somewhat lower SR of the OQ is amazing.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:31 pm

Nautillus wrote:ok more specific:

bm purity inert gas oq 50 ut 50 960

how is this going to work? this gas has no ut?
does it know to disregaurd the ut and look at oq only?

If you have selected the option for zero-is-max the answer is "yes"; SWGAide then works exactly as crafting in SWG does, hence you do not need to bother but just type exactly what the schematic reads ... always.

cause 960+0/2=480 wich will never trigger
SWGAide will first see that OQ is 50% but the realize that there is no UT and then redistribute the remaining 50% to OQ.
This is perhaps a theoretical but a more illuminating example:
Assume a schematic that calls for DR/PE/OQ 20/30/50 and Wood. Wood has no PE but it has DR and OQ.
SWGAide first sets the DR and OQ to 20 and 50 each but then finds that the sum is just 70 (because of the missing PE) and hence it distributes those remaining 30 to the two stats that exist, in this case the end result is DR/OQ 35/65.

Remember now, this calculation is done completely without considering how many units that is put into the different resource slots of that schematic, hence the rate is just a hint that relates to the quality of the resource at its own. Together with other resources you may get away with much lower rate, and the converse, if you must compensate for a lousy resource it must be better. The amount of units per slot do matter ... a lot.

SWGAide works exactly as what is read in chapter 8 in the guide ... you know what I mean :lol:

/Zimoon