Importing My Resources from SWGCraft into SWGAide

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Auq-Din
Novice Crafter

Importing My Resources from SWGCraft into SWGAide

Post by Auq-Din » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:36 am

Hey all :)
I'm probably missing something REALLY obvious, but... is there a way to import My Resources from this website into SWGAide? I generally use this site to search for resources, and when I harvest or buy one, I immediately click the "Add to My Resources" line. Since you can enter your account data in SWGAide, I figured there could well be a way to import the list.
Thank in advance!
Auq.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Importing My Resources from SWGCraft into SWGAide

Post by Zimoon » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:02 am

First of all, welcome to this forum and congrats to your first post here :)

Next, I have a feeling this was asked about just weeks ago but cannot find that post. No, this site has no "export" option for the My Resources, so SWGAide has no option to import it.

So what now? Do you have many resources there? Do you use the note field to tell the amount you have?

I simply ask because if it is just a few resources you could perhaps copy and paste the table of your resources into a text editor, erase unwanted text and add required text, to make it look like the format for the "import from notes file" option in SWGAide. That is line by line with

Code: Select all

(galaxy)resourceName, amount, any optional notes
Next you copy and paste from the editor to any of the notes files windows in SWGAide (right-click a station-name and select "create notes file" or use an existing file). Finally, at the inventory in SWGAide you select import from notes file and select the file and watch the process. Omit the (galaxy) part if the resource is from your main galaxy.

Otherwise I guess Sobuno at this site and I at SWGAide can cooperate to get features working. If that means seamless Internet communication or that he adds an export feature to those pages is up for discussion, SWGAide is very flexible now and as long as the ID field is defined anything else is optional, but it makes sense to have the amount, right?

/Zimoon

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:21 am

SWGCraft does have a SOAP function that external programs could use for importing My Resources, Trader SWG (http://trader.swgcraft.org) has used that for quite a while.

Right now, a workaround could be to import My Resources to Trader SWG and export it to SWGAide.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:16 pm

I will look into that SOAP function, however, it won't happen anything the month to come, not to create unrealistic expectations :)

/Z

Auq-Din
Novice Crafter

Post by Auq-Din » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:25 pm

Hey guys,
Thank you very much for the quick reply! And sorry about the delay, I was traveling. :)
It is indeed quite a list, so I was hoping for an automatic way, indeed like TraderSWG. I'm already using that site (the no-brainer way of crafting it seems!), but I didn't realise I could use it to export to SWGAide. If that is indeed the case, it would be the obvious way to go for me :)
...And I wouldn't want to occupy you with even more development work! Even though this functionality might come in handy of course ;)
Cheers,
Auq.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:40 pm

http://trader.swgcraft.org/exportSWA.php would be the URL for exporting to SWGAide.

And Trader SWG is going to be incorporated into the main site at some point or another, so the feature will come.

Auq-Din
Novice Crafter

Post by Auq-Din » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:00 pm

Fantastic, thank you! :D

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:07 am

Added the ability to export My Resources to SWGAide, see the link at the My Resources page.

Auq-Din
Novice Crafter

Post by Auq-Din » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:16 pm

Wow, that is awesome, thank you! :D