SWGAide + Steam?

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Chewingum
Novice Crafter

SWGAide + Steam?

Post by Chewingum » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:19 pm

Anybody know where Steam installs SWG? I can't get SWGAide to initialize as it can't find it anywhere. I've tried looking through all the folders in C:/Program Files/Steam, but can't find it. And C:/Program Files/SWG and other names does not exist.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: SWGAide + Steam?

Post by Zimoon » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:27 pm

Hmmm, I have never installed SWG other than by the LaunchPad so I do not know. And then next question is, does Steam manage updates as well as the LaunchPad does?

From Steam I just grabbed the "key" and fed that into my account via LaunchPad.

That said, is there a SWG icon at the desktop? Is there no entry whatsoever in Windows' Start -> Programs?

In Steam, is there not a Preferences for SWG which you can read?

You could always search for the filename "profiles" or something else that exists within the SWG folder, your station-name (account) for example.

Yet another way is to, in-game, do /mailsave and read what the message in the chatbox reads, it has the full file path. Unless I am old and senile ofc 8)

/Zimoon

Chewingum
Novice Crafter

Post by Chewingum » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:44 pm

Ahh, figured it out.

If you view the Properties of SWG in the Start Menu when it's installed via Steam it shows the file URL as: steam://rungameid/24170

Which doesn't help at all.

So I went digging and found it stored in: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\star wars galaxies

Regarding how updates are handled, I have no clue lol. I'm not really a tech person, but both Steam and the Station Launcher appear to be required to be running for me to play SWG.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:18 am

Chewingum wrote:Ahh, figured it out.

If you view the Properties of SWG in the Start Menu when it's installed via Steam it shows the file URL as: steam://rungameid/24170

Which doesn't help at all.

So I went digging and found it stored in: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\star wars galaxies

Regarding how updates are handled, I have no clue lol. I'm not really a tech person, but both Steam and the Station Launcher appear to be required to be running for me to play SWG.
If LaunchPad is opened and you log into SWG that way everything is fine, updates will be applied automatically, unless you disable some options in it ;)

OK, thanks, I will see what SWGAide is looking for, it may be the usual folder name which is StarWarsGalaxies and the Steam screw up the folder name so it cannot be found during the initial search in C:\
Wonder why Steam decided to go down that path?

/Zimoon