Guard Alerts bug with the new version 0.8.10

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Guard Alerts bug with the new version 0.8.10

Post by Zimoon » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:36 pm

Attoy wrote:If I enable the 'Hide empty guards' I do not receive the sound alert, the resource is not listed/highlighted and the Guards tab is not colored. If I disable the 'Hide empty guards' I receive the sound alert and I see the resource highlighted and the guard tab colored.
I have changed the way the "repaint" of the guards table work when you change anything there. It was a thread race where the multitasking thread you were working with was way faster than the one that scanned all guards, so the faster thread had nothing to display. But the second time the previous scan was ready so there were stuff to display. Now the slower thread is made responsible for also updating the table, always, and it works like a charm at my place. If necessary I will post an update in a few days, this is not critical.

So it was about the sound.
I read this as coloring is working as expected too, including the new colored Resources knob. Just that editing/changing options at the guards table is ... laggy ... and needs a second kick to update.

Case closed, right?

/Zimoon
Last edited by Zimoon on Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Spelling

Attoy
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Attoy » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:02 pm

Zimoon wrote:Case closed, right?
By my side, sure it is ;)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:53 pm

Attoy wrote:
But not from my side :P

I noticed that the sound is sometimes cut-off prematurely, and tried to figure out why. Google is our best friend 8)

It turns out this is an issue with how audio-clips versus a DLL in Windows works:
If you load a second audio-clip while the first clip is playing, some kind of memory buffer update exits the first clip :(

So, next version will initiate all sound clips when SWGAide loads in and they stay in memory then on. Even if never used, but I guess that is a price we can afford. Sound is working fine at my place now. Just wanted to let you know that you kicked at something that was not in vain 8)

/Zimoon

Attoy
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Attoy » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:02 pm

Zimoon wrote:
Attoy wrote:
But not from my side :P

I noticed that the sound is sometimes cut-off prematurely, and tried to figure out why. Google is our best friend 8)

It turns out this is an issue with how audio-clips versus a DLL in Windows works:
If you load a second audio-clip while the first clip is playing, some kind of memory buffer update exits the first clip :(

So, next version will initiate all sound clips when SWGAide loads in and they stay in memory then on. Even if never used, but I guess that is a price we can afford. Sound is working fine at my place now. Just wanted to let you know that you kicked at something that was not in vain 8)

/Zimoon
Maybe this is not the right place, 'cause I know already exist a 'wish-list' but we are talking about sounds here so... what do you think to put a 'check box' to enable/disable sounds alert?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:07 pm

Absolutely, and also to choose whatever sound you wish for. The latter is at my backlog and will be added to some kind of options dialog or panel in the future.

/Zimoon

Trixie9819
Apprentice Crafter

Re: Guard Alerts bug is back with version 12?

Post by Trixie9819 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:24 pm

Alright, Version 12 is giving me the same problem.

If I click on the guard it shows me that there is something that applies to it (ie mustifarian crystal) but the guard doesn't highlight itself or go to the top of the list. Also, if I click 'don't show empty guards' then all guards go away, including the ones that DO show there is something that fulfills it (when clicked on)

Also, no alerts, but that's probably because the guards aren't triggering at all.

I LOVE the guards, they save me so much searching.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Guard Alerts bug is back with version 12?

Post by Zimoon » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:23 pm

Trixie9819 wrote:Alright, Version 12 is giving me the same problem.

If I click on the guard it shows me that there is something that applies to it (ie mustifarian crystal) but the guard doesn't highlight itself or go to the top of the list.
Also, if I click 'don't show empty guards' then all guards go away, including the ones that DO show there is something that fulfills it (when clicked on)

Also, no alerts, but that's probably because the guards aren't triggering at all.

I LOVE the guards, they save me so much searching.
The problem are two, three to be exact:

1) You have set the time-limit to a few days -- this is OK, you want an alert for relatively fresh, not oldies you already know about but have not yet despawned. So, there are no resources around that triggers a guard that are younger than those days.

2) You have deselected "hide empty", then also old resources display, as intended. This option, IMHO it is used only when about to review or edit all guards. As you say, select it and resources older than the time-limit is.

3) Yourself......................just kidding ;)

If my assumptions are wrong, post a screenshot or something that displays//explains your problem.

Regards
Simon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:02 pm

Any feedback on this one Trixie9819 ?

HydroTek
Intermediate Crafter

Post by HydroTek » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:36 am

Hey guys, thought I would share the way I have my settings. Works well for me :)

On the guards tab:
Time 144 hours
all UnChecked, except 'show from inventory'

On Display Options Tab:
Consider Caps
Allow Zero

Colored guards are always at the top, and I can scroll down thru them if needed. I could shorten the time some, but I like to see the older spawns, in case I have a harvester that is idle. I can play catch-up on an older spawn.
If it's stuck :x ...force it ...if it breaks, :shock: you needed a new one anyway :)
Characters(Legends): HydroTek, Ditty, and Talo ..give a shout if you see me in game

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:58 am

Thanks Hydro, all tips and hints are welcomed. SWGAide now has a lot of options at some of the panels so our mileage and use vary wildly I guess, and to share our use and how we view data is gold for new-comers and also oldies.

The initial issue, that guards do not work and the post by Trixie, I consider them case closed for now. There was a bug with sound alerts which is fixed, and now sounds can also be muted :)

/Zimoon