Guard Alerts bug with the new version 0.8.10

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Attoy
Apprentice Crafter

Guard Alerts bug with the new version 0.8.10

Post by Attoy » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:44 am

I updated the SWGAide as the program suggests. After the update the alert guards do not work anymore. I already tried to delete the guards and import them again but I'm unable to get the alerts work. Is it my fault? May I miss something new that disabled the alerts?

Thanks in advance.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Guard Alerts bug with the new version 0.8.10

Post by Zimoon » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:04 pm

Attoy wrote:I updated the SWGAide as the program suggests. After the update the alert guards do not work anymore. I already tried to delete the guards and import them again but I'm unable to get the alerts work. Is it my fault? May I miss something new that disabled the alerts?

Thanks in advance.
What???
I am on it!!!
But they work over at my side, I wonder what that could be, I will be back.
Meanwhile, revert to the older SWGAide that you have in the old zip file.
If you do not have it, just edit 10 for 09 in the link you download from.

/Zimoon

Attoy
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Attoy » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:08 pm

Reverted to the previous version and it started to work again. Do you need some other information? Do you need some 'debug' information from some files? Let me know, I'm also online in Chimaera if you wanna contact me for a real-time /tells on De'o.

FYI I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:10 pm

Before you do anything else,

Try to change the option "Set time" to something large, then disable "Hide empty" and enable it again. Does anything show up then?

I noticed that the table of guards do not update instantly when I changed the time-limit. It should. And I will look into that until next release.

Could it be that there is no guard that is triggered. For me it was not, but changing to 900 hours -- lol -- there were plenty. Try that first please.

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:12 pm

If I need more info I will ask.

Guards is one of those things that are "relocated". There could be an issue that I haven't run into, but I will ask if so. And scrutinize my change-log dot-by-dot.

/Zimoon

Attoy
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Attoy » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:15 pm

Ok, as you suggested I disabled the 'Hide empty' and put the timer on 900h (yeah I know, large time! :p) and now it works, however it will stop working again as soon as I re-enable the 'Hide empty'. Does it exist a time option to set 'infinite'?

Ruh
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Ruh » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:46 pm

Just wanted to say that I have encountered the same issue. Unfortunately, I have to leave for work so I cannot try any of the above to help. I'll try when I get back later tonight if it isn't fixed by then.
Ruh [Bounty Hunter] - Ruh' [Smuggler] - Reh [Jedi] - Reh' [Spy] - Ryh [Medic] - Ryh' [Dancer] - Rih' [Commando] - 'Rih [Officer]
ShiodIndustries [Domestics] - ShiodInduztries [Engineer] - ShiodIndustriez [Architect] - ShiodInduztriez [Munitions]
Starsider

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:07 pm

Attoy wrote:Ok, as you suggested I disabled the 'Hide empty' and put the timer on 900h (yeah I know, large time! :p) and now it works, however it will stop working again as soon as I re-enable the 'Hide empty'. Does it exist a time option to set 'infinite'?
Could you mail me the guards file please: simongronlund and I use gmail . com

I need to test and see if there is any kind of combination I do not have in my 240+ guards.
Popup at guards => Save and they go into [SWGAide]\crafting\Chimaera\

/Zimoon

Attoy
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Attoy » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:12 pm

Mail sent :)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:39 pm

I do see several resources, but none younger than 5 days (120 hours), so I need a large hour-limit.
As a shortcut, which resources do you expect to see which do not show up?

/Z

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:52 pm

As a test did I add another guard to your file and imported, that new Rudic Ore, with 50/50 for ER/DR, and the rest exactly as your guards look like, no problem. During the recent weekend I also did quite some manual testing with guards because I fixed a bug I found that in very rare situations could cause an error, and I also found some errors in the help text which I have reworked, but I did not see at anything.

At this point I need feedback, in particular:
-- What is the expected result
-- What is the result, which is wrong

/Zimoon

Attoy
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Attoy » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:53 pm

This one for example:

Ivveglot
Polymer Age: 5 d
DR=302 MA=973 OQ=1000 SR=39 UT=998
Corellia, Dantooine, Dathomir, Lok, Rori, Talus, Tatooine, Yavin 4
Rep by: Vanoun
Inventory: 774.516 units, "Mun - Wpn Comps"

If I disable the 'Hide empty guards' I receive the alert, if I re-enable it I do not receive the alert.

edit: Of course my time limit is still at 900h...

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:07 pm

With "alert", do you mean the sound alert? Or that the Resources knob, and the guard itself is colored? Or nor colored?

Aha, I think I have found out what it is. I use to have the "Alert once" enabled, to receive alerts just once per guard, unless something new shows up. It seems that if I disable it the silence is still deafening 8)

So if I say that you mean sound alert I am closing in, right?

I will see why the utini is gone.

/Zimoon

Attoy
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Attoy » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:31 pm

If I enable the 'Hide empty guards' I do not receive the sound alert, the resource is not listed/highlighted and the Guards tab is not colored. If I disable the 'Hide empty guards' I receive the sound alert and I see the resource highlighted and the guard tab colored.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:31 pm

Digging though this using the debugger (that is kind of executing the code in slower than ultra-slow-motion and having the time to read code and inspect values) I find no error. However, there is one thing:

Now, with this new version, if there is anything to alarm/alert SWGAide will do that right away, perhaps already the split second it shows up at your screen. In most cases launch is faster too, only some older computers that cannot handle so many multi-tasking threads may lag behind.

Consumed, this means that the alert and alarm sounds are "consumed" and alarm/alerts are silenced for 10 minutes. This piece of code has been there quite some time, not to cause deafening problems or so. But it was also so that in the past several resource scans sometimes happened during a short time interval and then there were alert/alarm one after the other, quite annoying actually. So I added that 10-minute-silence thing. I am pretty sure this behavior is now handled, except in the case you switch between one galaxy after the other because each switch triggers another scan of guards, monitors and harvesters. Hence I do not think I will change this, 10 minute for sounds is quite fair, is it not?

All in all, now the visual alert/alarm is in place and as long as there is something alarming the Resources knob is colored. That is new and would give a hint even if the sound waits another number of minutes.

If this is not about sound I will have another look.

/Zimoon