Can't add resources

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Hawtie
Novice Crafter

Can't add resources

Post by Hawtie » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:34 pm

I tried to update SS today, but I was only able to deplete. When I tried to upload the new resources, I got an error message for every resource and was prompted to hit the ok box. I noticed on my SWGAide that the resources were there, but when I refreshed and checked here they were nowhere to be found again. The error message said something about Unknown status number -1. Please delete anything that I could have possibly messed up today :( Sorry.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Can't add resources

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:45 pm

Hi H,

At SS I see you marked quite a few resources unavailable 16 to 25 minutes ago (anow it is 19:40 CET +2 GMT).
http://www.swgcraft.org/dev/view_change ... 0&planet=0

Could you copy parts of the log files to your reply and I will see if there is anything. If you see your "station name" (account name), please replace it with XXX or so.

Are you using the recent version of SWGAide (0.8.9, seen at Help => About)? It has not changed since May 25 so...

Could it be a temporary Internet glitch? Is there an issue with SWGCraft? I don't know.

However,
this is the second cry from Starsider today, you and Monty!!! Makes me wonder :shock:

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:49 pm

OK, I just tried uploading via SOAP and it is broken, I dunno why and what.
Looking into it now.

Depleting was OK, submitting new was not.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:54 pm

Sobuno, the error message I get is a Java exception asking: is this an error message instead of a SOAP message? It says Content-Type:text/html so it can very well be.

/Zimoon

Vanoun
Novice Crafter

Post by Vanoun » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:55 pm

Okay, nice to see you're on the case Zim. I sent you an internal mail on Chimaera regarding the problem. But it seems you're aware of it now.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:56 pm

Cannot add manually at the site either, this is the error: An error has occured and has been logged.

Cannot do anything at my side, this is Slyvampy/Sobuno's department :(

/Z

drkknight33
Novice Crafter

Post by drkknight33 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:08 pm

I got the same error today as well, depleted just fine but could not update. all the resoures did update on my resources page in swgaide, just no upload to swgcraft.org. i saved my res.txt file just in case as well as took a screen shot of the error message just in case you need it.

Ersa Litros
Novice Crafter

Post by Ersa Litros » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:35 pm

Same problem here. A few min ago i was made my survey.

My depleted list was fine.

But i cant add the new resources with swgaide. I have the same error messages as allready reported.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:10 pm

Sobuno has solved the problem. This struck not only SWGAide but all kinds of submissions.

The upside of it is that I found a limitation in SWGAide, the next version is improved so it will be easier to re-submit data once SWGCraft, or a broken Internet connection for that sake, is working again. Hence, do not delete or overwrite your res.txt or rem.txt but try to re-submit whatever. There is still some stuff I will look into and improve but tomorrow I am going to publish next update, it includes quite some fixes worth publishing.

Now I need the sleep, it will be a long day tomorrow ... two sons leaving school, one exits high-school and the other exits college ... it will be a long day 8)

/Z