Resource Caps

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Nidin
Novice Crafter

Re: Resource Caps

Post by Nidin » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:52 pm

Hi Seldom, It sounds to me that guards are exactly what you are looking for.

As far as entering all the guards for munitions, if you look here the majority of the guards have been done for you by other users. while they may not be exactly what you are looking for, they will at least help you get started.

Some things to mention about guards:
you can limit by time in spawn. ie only the last 24 hours (or less) to no limit at all (or anything in between)
you can set the minimum calculated value, as in 0 for items where caps wont matter, or 960 for only the really good ones (or anything in between)

I would like to say that If you are only using swgaide for only sales etc, you are missing out on some of the best functionality of the application.

Like you, I didn't want to use this application for a really long time and actually preferred to keep spreadsheets of everything. Once I started playing around with it, I couldn't track resources any other way now.

HydroTek
Intermediate Crafter

Post by HydroTek » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:53 pm

I support this idea :) with a checkbox, to turn the feature on and off. Maybe only from the upper levels of the resource tree?
When I open it up, I do the same. I only run a WS/AS however, so I have absolutely no interest in anything other than metals, ores, gemstones, hide, and polymer/fiberplast. I was using the resource tree to "filter" out all of the other resources so that I could focus on these and only these. As such, I wanted the coloring to take effect like it does in the "All Resources" tree while still filtering out the resources that I have no interest in.
If it's stuck :x ...force it ...if it breaks, :shock: you needed a new one anyway :)
Characters(Legends): HydroTek, Ditty, and Talo ..give a shout if you see me in game

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:05 pm

Very, very much of this discussion will look ... interesting ... when the schematics support is in place 8)

However, guards are what you want. Just have a look at the topic as such to get the idea.

Basically there are two kinds of guards, one that filters for plain lowest values on set stats such as OQ >= 960, or even OQ >= 1 for a resource class you just want to be alerted for when it spawns (some rare ore or such). The other type is the one for weighed values, add 50/50 on OQ and SR for the resource class of interest, and set a sensible threshold, at 960 for example, or at the value of your current stock to get an alert when there is something better around, or whatever. Set the time-frame on the guards slightly over your check-in-time, for example 36 hours, and select the "hide" option to only see guards that are alerted. Thanks to Maninspace guards are now sorted by the age of the most recent resource that triggered the guard, the freshest topmost.

Guards do not replace the human eye, it is just the combination of the two. Plus they include what you have in inventory in the filtered view when you select one of them, so you instantly have the values of your stock before your eyes and can manually compare one over another.

The latter use case is good for my Chef, I select a triggered guard for let's say Wheat, the guard alerts for 66/33 PE/OQ, but we all know that FL is also boosting another experimentation line, and DR yet another. Perhaps the new wheat has great PE and OQ but is lousy on the other two, OK, I can make an informed decision manually. I would have seen the same thing just at a glance on the main table, PE and OQ con red but the other two... The guards is just there to ease my way of playing, not to replace whatever playing style I have.

I am still listening to opinions, weighing one option over the other. Just remember, nothing will happen related to this matter until schematics is there, judged by priority :mrgreen:

Have fun folks

/Zimoon

HydroTek
Intermediate Crafter

Post by HydroTek » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:56 pm

One thing that comes out from discussion like this is, the most excellent description of use of guards by Zimoon :D

I use them in the same fashion, but I have not placed the proper importance on them. I will re-evaluate some of the settings that I use, since reading Zimoons post.
If it's stuck :x ...force it ...if it breaks, :shock: you needed a new one anyway :)
Characters(Legends): HydroTek, Ditty, and Talo ..give a shout if you see me in game

Seldom_Bored
Novice Crafter

Post by Seldom_Bored » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:44 pm

Thanks much for all of the input.

I downloaded the guards from the thread of them for the AS side of things and imported them into SWGAide. How do they work though? If there is a guard that is triggered will there be a pop-up window when i open up the tool, or do i have to click on the guard to see that it is triggered, or what? Also, it seems that the WS set of guard's link is broken. Any chance that someone could post theirs so that I can add those aswell?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:00 am

Just a quick one, before my eyelids crash onto my knees 8)

No popup, but a sound + visual alert.
At the right-click popup at guards section, select "hide...". Then only triggered guards are visible at that small table. Plus its tab is tinted orange. If the tab is plain grey no guard is triggered.

So, launching SWGAide you will hear an "Utini" if there is anything. And if you go to the resources tab you see the tinted smaller tab.

Why don't you just create a crap guard to test with, lets say Inorganic and CD low enough so something has spawned within the timeframe you have selected for guards. Play around..best way to learn :D

/Zimoon

Seldom_Bored
Novice Crafter

Post by Seldom_Bored » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:08 am

Okay. I see how it works now. I will work on making my own for the WS side of things. One last thing though. You had mentioned earlier that there is a way to hide guards that use musty/kash resources. How do I enable the option to filter those out?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:46 am

Generally all options and features are a right-click popup menu at the suspect GUI element, and 99% of everything sensible has a flyover text. And everything, 100%, has a help text available from the menu Help, or press F1. So also in this case: at the guards element, right-click, select "Hide K & M", I don't remember exact phrase here at work but you can also read the flyover text.

Once you have created a number of guards, remember to select "Export" to make a backup of them, should anything happen. SWGAide does a lot of backup, so there is always a chance I can help to restore stuff -- for an in-game bribe 8)

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:31 pm

I have finally stolen myself some time to throw in an option at the popup dialog at the resource-class-tree with which you can disable the default coloring momentarily. With default coloring disabled you can drill down the resource class tree but the listed resources are colored relative themselves -- as if no resource class is selected.

With a resource class selected, toggle this option on/off to see how the coloring changes for when it is based on the resource class and when it is based on the resources themselves.

This option is transient and is not saved by SWGAide, but it supports the use Seldom_Bored asked for. It also works only for the resource class tree, not for guards.

This option is automatically reset to default coloring if you select a guard or if you press Clear or Alt-C.

Next update, did I say that?

/Zimoon

Seldom_Bored
Novice Crafter

Post by Seldom_Bored » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:47 am

Zimoon wrote:I have finally stolen myself some time to throw in an option at the popup dialog at the resource-class-tree with which you can disable the default coloring momentarily. With default coloring disabled you can drill down the resource class tree but the listed resources are colored relative themselves -- as if no resource class is selected.

With a resource class selected, toggle this option on/off to see how the coloring changes for when it is based on the resource class and when it is based on the resources themselves.

This option is transient and is not saved by SWGAide, but it supports the use Seldom_Bored asked for. It also works only for the resource class tree, not for guards.

This option is automatically reset to default coloring if you select a guard or if you press Clear or Alt-C.

Next update, did I say that?

/Zimoon
Wow. Thanks so much for doing that. That's exactly what I wanted. It's going to prove very helpful now that I'm starting to dabble into chef.