Novice Crafter

how to change permissions to admin.

Post by Ship-Wreck » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:06 am

How yea change the permissions to get the swgaide to work

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: how to change permissions to admin.

Post by Zimoon » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:05 pm

I think this clicky will help you. We discussed this subject a few months ago and the most Windows knowledgeable I know of in my guild commended that post.

There are some links on the "how to get SWG run on Vista" at the official SOE forums, they are in the same line and at least one of them is with images, though I do not have the link handy.

/Zimoon

Ship-Wreck
Novice Crafter

Post by Ship-Wreck » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:15 pm

Thinks for the Link. I was pretty darn close to that. Im just havin trouble with it. What program u use to open the files with. Winrar. Im tring to just use my own pc programs seems to just not work. Everytime i double click the jar file all i get is it trys to open up the internet and whats to just save it. I tried winrar but got kinda confusing for me. Ill try again with winrar later on tonight.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:30 pm

Ship-Wreck wrote:Thinks for the Link. I was pretty darn close to that. Im just havin trouble with it. What program u use to open the files with. Winrar. Im tring to just use my own pc programs seems to just not work. Everytime i double click the jar file all i get is it trys to open up the internet and whats to just save it. I tried winrar but got kinda confusing for me. Ill try again with winrar later on tonight.
No, you should not open the JAR file at all, just double click it. If that does not work...

Have you installed the latest Java from java.sun.com ?

If you have, have you read the readme file that comes with the ZIP file?

/Zimoon

Ship-Wreck
Novice Crafter

Post by Ship-Wreck » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:59 pm

ight i updated my java. and put the folder in the dir. named swgaide. Now i try to double click to get it to go. Seems like it just wants to open with adobe reader. Have win. 7. All right took the default program off. And now it tells me to pick a program to open the file.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:31 am

Ship-Wreck wrote:ight i updated my java. and put the folder in the dir. named swgaide. Now i try to double click to get it to go. Seems like it just wants to open with adobe reader. Have win. 7. All right took the default program off. And now it tells me to pick a program to open the file.
If the "default program" is not Java for a JAR file then the Java installation is broken and a possible solution is in the readme file. It seems something is wrong with the installation of Java.

I do not understand "and put the folder in the dir. named swgaide." Did you put Java there? If so, Java is a general application in itself which must have been installed by itself. And then something is seriously wrong here. How did you install Java?

Anyway, some tips are read in the readme file. And I must sleep, clock is 1.30 AM my time zone so I let others help you when I sleep :lol:

/Zim