SWGAide --- Your SWG Swizz Knife

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: SWGAide --- version 0.7.77

Post by Zimoon » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:58 pm

HydroTek wrote:
Zimoon wrote:So, in short, in-game and SWGAide AER will always differ slightly.
In-game Spec-Rate is not the same as SWGAide BER (at the active harvie table), but possibly I could change name for that column???
Thanks for the explanation, and I hope you feel better soon :)
Better already :)

You may want to rename that column to EBER (Effective Base Extraction Rate) just to remove confusion.
Good idea! Other suggestions?

Suggestion: When I set a new harvester, I may or may not have the Ent buff (Harvest Faire 1-5%) ...this makes me edit the owner, if I dont forget.
Would it be good to move the Ent buff to the activate harvester panel, since this can change each time I set harvesters?
I thought about this but never came to a solid decision. I will give it another thought and possibly change.

Suggestion2: On the harvesting tab, when you choose refresh harvester, it would be good to have a popup box to add current power and maintenance amounts.
Good idea, will try to remember it unless somebody adds it to the wishlist (I am in bed actually 8))

Tharek Tolemac wrote:But when I imported my inventory after the update, it looked up all resources on swgcraft again. Have I missunderstood that or isnt that implimented yet?
When I did the update, the resources were also re-looked up ...this operation took several minutes (I have 371 resources), I think this is what Tharek is asking about.
I did a try on this and manages to lookup about 90 resources a minute from my location, which is amasing if you know that just the Internet ping could be about 100 to 400 ms, plus server time and SWGAide chewing time ;)
That said, I will think of it to see what can be done, and under what requirements.

/Zimoon

HydroTek
Intermediate Crafter

Post by HydroTek » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:43 am

Suggestion2: On the harvesting tab, when you choose refresh harvester, it would be good to have a popup box to add current power and maintenance amounts.
Good idea, will try to remember it unless somebody adds it to the wishlist (I am in bed actually )
:oops: DOH ..I didnt realize you can edit the amounts directly in the power and maintenance fields, I just found this out. This is much better than a popup box.
If it's stuck :x ...force it ...if it breaks, :shock: you needed a new one anyway :)
Characters(Legends): HydroTek, Ditty, and Talo ..give a shout if you see me in game

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:04 am

HydroTek wrote:
Good idea, will try to remember it unless somebody adds it to the wishlist (I am in bed actually )
:oops: DOH ..I didnt realize you can edit the amounts directly in the power and maintenance fields, I just found this out. This is much better than a popup box.
I still welcome any feedback, to me usability is the Holy Grail. Sometimes a popup is great, sometimes there are to many of them.

Personally, on the active harvester table, I set the amount to something I know I always have in them at a minimum, derived from my replenish-macro. The values are never accurate but at least never too small. Usually the hopper is full way before any of the power or maintenance runs out. So ... the few occasions I need to edit the amount I either do it at the edit dialog or at the table-cell.

BTW, I managed to get an error editing one of those cells the other day but cannot repeat it whatever I do so go on hammering, just try to remember exactly what you did and include the error log 8)

/Zimoon

Tharek Tolemac
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Tharek Tolemac » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:55 am

Zimoon wrote:I did a try on this and manages to lookup about 90 resources a minute from my location, which is amasing if you know that just the Internet ping could be about 100 to 400 ms, plus server time and SWGAide chewing time ;)
That said, I will think of it to see what can be done, and under what requirements.

/Zimoon
That was my point indeed. I have 400 resources and a import takes several minutes due to the look-up process. I understood that you planned a change in that, but maybe I missunderstood.

It isnt that a problem, I can wait a few minutes. Just wondered since I thought it was planned.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:40 pm

Tharek Tolemac wrote:
Zimoon wrote:I did a try on this and manages to lookup about 90 resources a minute from my location, which is amasing if you know that just the Internet ping could be about 100 to 400 ms, plus server time and SWGAide chewing time ;)

/Zimoon
That was my point indeed. I have 400 resources and a import takes several minutes due to the look-up process. I understood that you planned a change in that, but maybe I missunderstood.

It isnt that a problem, I can wait a few minutes. Just wondered since I thought it was planned.
I cannot recall this was discussed as a problem, however, we can discuss it now :)
Lets see the options:
  • If the resource is unknown at SWGCraft there is still a lookup using galaxy+name which fails and the local data are used.
    The lookup was unnecessary but how could we know beforehand?
  • If the resource is known at SWGCraft:
    • If the ID is unknown, the lookup will supplement the resource with the ID.
      The lookup served a purpose and the less risk for future confusion.
    • If the ID is known
      • If the local data is different than the data at SWGCraft, which one is correct?
        • If SWGCraft is correct the local data is automatically rectified.
          The lookup served a purpose and corrected the local data.
        • If SWGCraft is incorrect the data at SWGCraft should be corrected.
          The lookup served a purpose in finding an error.
        SWGAide assumes that SWGCraft is correct, unless all stats are zero or if the resource classes differ; both cases are always logged and the user should take action.
      • If the local data is equal as the data at SWGCraft:
        The lookup was unnecessary --- but how could we know beforehand?
These are the options and the questions, now I am all ears.

Possibly I could add an option somehow, to surpass the lookup, but that would effectively put the import at square one, no validation of the local data not SWGCraft. And if that option is abused ... I doubt the user blames himself but ... :roll:

/Zimoon

Diggity
Novice Crafter

Post by Diggity » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:12 am

Zimoon wrote:
Diggity wrote:...the conversion converted my Resource Inventory out of existence so I dl'd the old version again and decided to wait on the upgrade. I have to apologize for being a typical end-user, but Im not e-savvy enough to troubleshoot very well. So, rather than doing the workaround suggested above, I made a /note file and began anew. It was on my todo list, anyway. My Inventory was incomplete, incorrect, and all my quantities were wrong. I will back up my resource list a few different ways and hopefully it'll convert better for me next time.

I hope you know about the "import from notes file" for inventory. While at the inventory panel, press F1.

A preface and a couple questions:
I have resources from my old closed server that were never recorded in the database, and now I cant log them as transfers on my new server. In getting inconsistent results when I try to force the entry. I have been able to record some under my old character/server and some in my new server, but on some entries the specific resource name displays only as (?) and the entry is un-editable, and on others, the entry disappears into the void and never shows. Some unrecorded transfer resources log fine on the new server, showing the origin server name, and some log the entry but show (?). Other entries also disappear into the void here.

Is there a workaround for the old or new version of SWGAide? Will the new version allow you to force an entry at the dialog box?

We are talking about the new SWGAide, right. Yes, it is no problems importing resources from a "foreign" galaxy. If the SWGCraft ID-number is unknown (read the help text for inventory, press F1) you must specify both galaxy and resource name. The new SWGAide supports the old export-file format so if you once had these entries in the old SWGAide you are fine. Either use the export file from the conversion tool or if have an old export file:
  • For each entry in an old file, verify that there is a "(galaxyname)resourcename" for all of those resources you think are not listed at SWGCraft
  • For each entry in the new file format, or from the conversion utility, if the ID column is empty, add a galaxy in the galaxy column
[/color]

Thank you to Zimoon for SWG Aide, and thanks to anyone who can help with the unrecorded, dead server, resource issue.
I will give it a try with the dialog box for a dead server but I know SWGCraft still replies to queries for data regarding these servers. And I am told SWGCraft accepts submission of "old resources" for these servers too, something SWGAide does not support yet though.

To help you further we perhaps need to take one thing at a time: the import file and how it looks like, the add/edit dialog and how it looks like. Also, any anomaly in SWGAide is always logged to the two log files so you will probably see what it thought was wrong in the general log file, severe errors go to the other file and also lits up the red error bulb in the lower right corner of SWGAide's window.

/Zimoon
Yes, I know how to import from an ingame note file :) Been updating here quietly for several years under a couple different names. The normal format has worked fine so far:

(servername)resourceName,quantity,note

That is, IF the resource already exists in the database at the dead server. Im having varied kinds of trouble when the resource does not already exist in the database. A new one I just noticed is:

From a note file I input,
(wanderhome)egevomisic,plexite amorphous gemstone
In my inventory it records as,
(wanderhome)egeva,corellian domesticated corn

Im glad I always use the note option to shorthand the resource type so I can track down mistakes or omissions when I need to log stats. If swgcraft allows inputting dead resources spawns on dead servers, I can fix all my re-inventory problems that way and just import the note files again. Ill go see if I can still select Wanderhome and input stats from there.

While Im going to be using the old SWGAide for now, I look forward to a .8 or .9 version that I am capable of wrangling in the future. Maybe Ill do the parallel install and run em both for a bit.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:59 am

Diggity wrote:...
From a note file I input,
(wanderhome)egevomisic,plexite amorphous gemstone
In my inventory it records as,
(wanderhome)egeva,corellian domesticated corn

I will have a look at this. SWGAide should not automagically pick another name. I thought I had plugged that loophole, must have forgotten :oops:

But if you had them in the old SWGAide, what is the problem during import, as I mentioned above SWGAide fails to find them at SWGCraft but will use the data for that one from the exported file from the conversion utility, does it not? Or did I misunderstand and you never had them in the old SWGAide?

I have now looked at this and cannot and you are correct, if the name is not found but a shorter name is found and if it is only one match it is picked, but warned about. This is of course a bug.

Im glad I always use the note option to shorthand the resource type so I can track down mistakes or omissions when I need to log stats. If swgcraft allows inputting dead resources spawns on dead servers, I can fix all my re-inventory problems that way and just import the note files again. Ill go see if I can still select Wanderhome and input stats from there.

Just remember to select the "Old Resource" checkbox :)

I will add this in a future version of SWGAide. Indeed I thought of making it automagical so it alerts you that there are resources in your inventory which are unknown at SWGCraft and prompts you to allow them to be uploaded as old resources, what about that? But then you need to have them in the inventory ;)

While Im going to be using the old SWGAide for now, I look forward to a .8 or .9 version that I am capable of wrangling in the future. Maybe Ill do the parallel install and run em both for a bit.

That will take a while, version 0.8.x will be about schematics. I will stick at version 0.7.x as long as the updates are only about the resource tab and bug fixes for older stuff.
As I said, I will have a look at the import-from-notes-file, that will be tonight when home from work. The expected functionality for this feature is:
  1. Lookup name at SWGCraft
    • If galaxy is not specified, use current galaxy
    • If galaxy is specified such as (Wan)Luke,123456,some-notes the specified galaxy is used
  2. If only one match is found at SWGCraft
    • If the name matches that resource is used
    • Else, log and warn
  3. If several matches are found --- that is, if more than one resource name begin with "Luke" --- they are presented and you can select one or skip that line and add it later
  4. If no resource is found SWGAide tries again with a somewhat shorter name, in the case it was misspelled or shortened; this is until 2) or 3) is met, or until the name is too short.
But, I must check it out in the code. Somebody might use the day to test it in SWGAide :)

/Zimoon

EDITED: Have now looked at it and will fix. If anybody read what I said about resource ckass here, forget what you read, at work I have nothing 4but my rusty brain 8)

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:46 am

Diggity wrote: Ill go see if I can still select Wanderhome and input stats from there.
You should be able to do that here now: http://www.swgcraft.org/dev/add_old_resources.php

Seems the code allowed for it, but the page did not :S

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:48 pm

i have a strange error:
I miss a toon in the list of the SWG Aide. Belisama Lotham have a lot of mails but SWGAide don't see them.

History of this error:
I have a toon named Belisama Tourista at Starsider before i knew that a deleted toon blocks the name for a transferring toon.

So Belisama Lotham was transfered from Wanderhome as Belisma Lotham.

Then i sent in a ticket that Belisama Tourista was my deleted toon, and i explained that i want my name Belisama back. So i asked to rename Belisma to Belisama. CSR missunderstood the request and change Belisma Lotham to Belisama Tourista.

One ticket later i got my correct name Belisama Lotham.
But at the server list its still listed as Belisama Tourista, but ingame the toon shows as Belisama Lotham. Mails are saved under Belisama Lotham as well.

When i start SWG Aide old version i can see the mails of
- Antal Lotham
- Belisama Tourista (no mails, empty)
- Belisama Lotham
- Belisma Lotham
- Rienco Lotham

in the new SWGAide i see only:
- Antal Lotham
- Belisama Tourista (no mails, empty)
- Belisma Lotham
- Rienco Lotham

So - i miss Belisama Lotham, my main trader...

Any idea how to fix that ?

Best
Bel
Your domestic trader at Starsider TOG Mall: Tat WP -5101 -3308
You have resource for sale ? Check the TOG Holonet Channel for my offer
In Memoriam for all BE

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:25 pm

And another thing:
when i want to edit a harvester i can only edit the name. Not stuff like the BER or the hopper size. In my eyes that's a bug.
(Ok, maybe its not wise to type in hopper size 380, insteat of 380000 for an elite. But now i have to make a new harvester insteat of editing it ,)

Best
Bel
Your domestic trader at Starsider TOG Mall: Tat WP -5101 -3308
You have resource for sale ? Check the TOG Holonet Channel for my offer
In Memoriam for all BE

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:30 pm

Hi Beli,
It seems that SWGAide 0.7.75+ does not find mails for Belisama Lotham when it scans SWG\profiles for new mails. Can it be that you do /mailsave and launch the old SWGAide which picks them up from the profiles folder and empties the mail folder? Then when you launch the new SWGAide --- without another /mailsave in between --- there is nothing to catch? If so, in the instructions for running parallel versions of SWGAide I wrote that you need to be careful and not delete mails in-game until you have them in both versions, I will clarify that so it also reads that you must issue the command /mailsave twice to get the in both versions :)

If this is not the case then I am more puzzled and want you to explain how you run the two versions, if there is any mail at all in the folder newSWGAide\mails\accountName\Belisama Lotham\ and the details you find important.

Cheers
/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:33 pm

Belisama wrote:And another thing:
when i want to edit a harvester i can only edit the name. Not stuff like the BER or the hopper size. In my eyes that's a bug.
(Ok, maybe its not wise to type in hopper size 380, insteat of 380000 for an elite. But now i have to make a new harvester insteat of editing it ,)

Best
Bel
This change was intended, there is a risk for inconsistent data if it was possible to edit BER and hopper size. On the other hand I added a "clone" option, so be careful with the first harvester and then you can use that as a master template for more of the same specification.

I see your point but I really do not consider it a "bug", but an annoyance, indeed, but only when you type it wrong, hopefully not too often 8)

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:33 pm

I have now looked at TT's problem in http://www.swgcraft.org/forums/viewtopi ... 515#p14515
It is indeed a bug and I will fix it as soon as possible.
However, there will be a few days until next release, I am struggling with a threading problem which causes me problems to create some of the panels at the Resources panel. I guess I tried to be too smart somewhere :oops:

/Zimoon

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:59 am

Zimoon wrote:It seems that SWGAide 0.7.75+ does not find mails for Belisama Lotham when it scans SWG\profiles for new mails. Can it be that you do /mailsave and launch the old SWGAide which picks them up from the profiles folder and empties the mail folder?
Nope, i just started the new tool and saved mails before. And still no Belisama Lotham in list.
BTW there is a mail-folder for Belisama Lotham under the mailfolder in the SWGAide folder. The mails from yesterday are in there. The ones from today not. No idea why...

At the folder ...SWG Aide 7 -> mails -> (accountname) -> Starsider i have the following subfolders:
Antal Lotham, Belisama Lotham, Belisama Tourista, Belisma Lotham, , Human, Rakkat, Rienco Lotham

No idea where that Human come from. i think its a bug from SWG. The old list this also. Rakkat is a old deleted toon before the server move. It don't exist anymore. Belisama Lotham have 11.054 saved mails in there.

New SWG Aide list only Antal Lotham, Belisama Tourista, Belisma Lotham,Rienco Lotham.
That's the list from server toon-selection list + Belisma Lotham from old mails.

I think it's really strange...

Best
Bel

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:06 am

Belisama wrote:
Zimoon wrote:It seems that SWGAide 0.7.75+ does not find mails for Belisama Lotham when it scans SWG\profiles for new mails. Can it be that you do /mailsave and launch the old SWGAide which picks them up from the profiles folder and empties the mail folder?
Nope, i just started the new tool and saved mails before. And still no Belisama Lotham in list.
BTW there is a mail-folder for Belisama Lotham under the mailfolder in the SWGAide folder. The mails from yesterday are in there. The ones from today not. No idea why...
Sounds strange, I did some tests regarding this and had no problem.
Was there any mails in SWG\profiles\account\Starsider\mail_Belisama_Lotham\ just before you started the SWGAide which does not pick up the mails?
Please send me the DAT file from the new SWGAide, you have my mail address ;)

At the folder ...SWG Aide 7 -> mails -> (accountname) -> Starsider i have the following subfolders:
Antal Lotham, Belisama Lotham, Belisama Tourista, Belisma Lotham, , Human, Rakkat, Rienco Lotham

No idea where that Human come from. i think its a bug from SWG. The old list this also. Rakkat is a old deleted toon before the server move. It don't exist anymore. Belisama Lotham have 11.054 saved mails in there.
Yes, that is a "feature" or "bug" in SWG and I don't know why it is there. You may see one named LFG too if you ever had the Lookng For Group tag up.

Do you mean you have 11k mails in SWG\profiles\... ? Or in SWGAide\mails\Starsider\... ?

New SWG Aide list only Antal Lotham, Belisama Tourista, Belisma Lotham,Rienco Lotham.
That's the list from server toon-selection list + Belisma Lotham from old mails.

I think it's really strange...
Me too
Best
Bel
With the mail, please do the following, if uncertain, ask your "hubby" to help you:
Open a Command Prompt (the old-style DOS terminal).
* Navigate to new-SWGAide\mails and type dir /s > dir_aide.txt
* Navigate to SWG\profiles\ and type dir /s > dir_swg.txt
These two files, plus from SWG\ a file which is named something such as character.txt (I am at work and do not recall its exact name), and plus the SWGAide.DAT file wrap them up in a ZIP-file and mail them to me, please.

I still wonder exactly how you do. In the mail, please type step by step exactly what you did, similar to this way
1 in-game: did /mailsave for <name>
2 in SWG\profiles: checked that mails are in mail-folder <name>::: how many
3 started new-SWGAide: no mails in any folder for <name>
4 closed new-SWGAide:
5 in SWG\profiles: checked that mails are in mail-folder <name>::: how many
7 in-game: did /mailsave <name>
8 in SWG\profiles: checked that mails are in mail-folder <name>::: how many

/Zimoon

PS: Heh, still at work but wonder, can it be that SOE has screwed up. I have a vague memory that SWGAide checks that character.txt file (exact name???) and now I wonder what happens if the names differ. This is for example why old, deleted characters do not show up in SWGAide, they are removed by the game from that file. But... must explore. Please send these files I asked for, plus the detailed step-by-step so I understand exactly what happens. Thanks in advance.