SWGAide --- Your SWG Swizz Knife

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Makiko
Novice Crafter

Re: SWGAide --- version 0.7.77

Post by Makiko » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:35 pm

HydroTek wrote:***makiko

I just did an install into a new folder, of SWGAide to check out your problem, all went fine for me. (vista32 pro)

Window$ may be blocking the .jar file or one of the subcomponents from installing correctly.

I ran my install with admin privelges, and had the firewall shut off ..you may want to try that on yours :)
Thanks for your reply and suggestions.

I am the administrator account on this machine and everything is full access.

Actually solved it but it is a very strange issue. I remembered what it was last time.

SWGAide couldn't find the saved email files which were in the typical SWG folder and that was causing all the problems. I just copied the saved emails into SWGAide's email folder and everything now works fine.

Tharek Tolemac
Intermediate Crafter

SWGAide Wish-list: Suggestions, Ideas, and Must-Have

Post by Tharek Tolemac » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:37 pm

Maybe I havent set the program correctly, but:

In the old version, when a resource from the inventory was shown in a guard, it was marked in green.

Now they are unmarked like the ones currently in spawn. Makes it a bit uncomfortable to separate them.

Also, it would be nice if the notes you add in the inventory are shown if you check the details of this resource in the guard details.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:42 pm

HydroTek wrote:This may not be a big deal, but I just noticed some differences in the figures for an elite chemical harvester. I (this is on my Jedi) have the full harvest faire buff, the harvester is BER 44 shown in the deed.

SWG reports Actual rate 61.84, Spec rate 46, 89% concentration
SWGAide reports BER 69.3, AER 61.7, I claimed 5 points in owner, buff field
If you hover over the column headers for %, BER, and AER they read some short info.

The in-game "spec rate" is and has always been odd, it seems to include the Entertainer buff but nothing more, from 44 + 5% = 46.2 truncated to 46. However, my harvesters which are put down with full trader harvester expertise reads the same, 46. Hence I decided not to use the term "Spec Rate" but BER and let the tooltip text read what it includes.

In SWGAide, at the active harvester table the column named BER reads the harvester's BER + 50% + expertise + entertainer buff, which I would call the "real BER". In reality the math is:
BER * 1.5 * (100 + expertise + harvest-fair)/100

The in-game AER and SWGAide'se AER will always differ at the decimals, probably I should remove them but ... The reason is simple, perhaps not spelled out in the help text though. The concentration you read at the survey device is integers, right? And this is the number you enter to SWGAide, which calculates the AER from it. However, there are in-game decimals which is used at the harvesters operate-harvester-window, decimals which SWGAide never see. This explains the difference between 61.7 and 61.84. I do not know if the values read at the survey device is properly rounded or simply truncated downwards to integer.

So, in short, in-game and SWGAide AER will always differ slightly.
In-game Spec-Rate is not the same as SWGAide BER (at the active harvie table), but possibly I could change name for that column???

If you now, after reading this, finds some values that are really off I welcome any report on that.
Especially error reports on the expected time for hopper-full and maint-drained.

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:53 pm

HydroTek wrote:Using the submit resources tab, I get an error on the Dath wooly hide ("Dathomirian Wooly Hide" is impossible to harvest naturally)

***maninspace
I believe you do not need to include the stats when marking a resource as depleted, that may be the error
That is correct, Dathomirian Wooly Hide is not possible to harvest from any creature at Dathomir. The subject as such has been discussed in other thread at SWGCraft earlier on.

I just verified that it is also described bottommost at the help panel for Submit Resources (press F1 to display it) and there is an option to allow such resources if you right-click the main table.

If you decide to upload non-harvestable resource classes they are marked on light gray color at the current resources table, and here at SWGCraft they have a text just over each entry that reads about this fact. Too often players have complained that they could not find animals that drop this or that so ... :)

You are correct, to mark something depleted only the "depl" and the name must be there, everything else is ignored. However MiS wanted to upload "old" resources this way, not yet possible with SWGAide.

/Zimoon

Tharek Tolemac
Intermediate Crafter

Re: SWGAide Wish-list: Suggestions, Ideas, and Must-Have

Post by Tharek Tolemac » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:06 pm

Another thing I found:

When you moved the mouse over a stored resource in a guard, the amount was shown. That feature is missing too, I think.

PS: Also, in the details of such a resource, the amount in storage isnt shown.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:13 pm

Diggity wrote:Hello.
Love the utility, but I have had a problem with the conversion. All my inventory of resources is gone! I will go back and reread the instructions, but any help in the meantime is appreciated. FYI: I moved the old jar file to a subfolder and ran the conversion, then unzipped the new jar file.
I have been sick, still sick, but I drilling down this thread one by one. If you have already got help I apologize.

I do not understand how you moved around the files, but there are a few ways to do this, all of them are described in the README file that comes with the conversion tool. So,

Either...
  • In the old SWGAide, manually export your inventory and guards to files.
    No conversion tool whatsoever.
    1. Delete or move away the old file SWGAide.DAT, all options, settings, and defined harvesters are lost
    2. Put down the new file SWGAide.JAR
    3. Launch
    4. Import the files you had exported
  • Use the conversion tool
    Every option and setting is retained. Only active harvesters are lost, but defined harvesters are "exported".
    1. Download the conversion tool and read its read-me file
    2. Put the file Conversion.jar in the same folder as the file SWGAide.DAT, the folder which you used for SWGAide
    3. Launch the conversion tool
    4. Verify success, read the log file it creates in the new folder named "transit"
    5. Put down the new SWGAide.jar
    6. Launch
    7. Import the files you want to have from the transit folder and its proper galaxy folders
  • The safe make-a-new-folder route
    1. Create a new folder for SWGAide
    2. Copy the folders named album, mails, and misc from the old folder for SWGAide to the new folder
    3. Also copy the file SWGAide.DAT to the new folder
    4. See previous section on how to ru the conversion tool in this new folder, etc....
If you did not find any output from the conversion tool I think there was no file SWGAide.DAT to begin with, perhaps you moved away this file too. Make an extra copy of it if you want too, but it must be there.

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:27 pm

Makiko wrote:I have been having trouble with the new version of SWGAide.

I recently did a clean install of Windows 7 and tonight I downloaded the new version of SWGAide.

The problem I am having occurred with the previous version under Windows Vista as well, but somehow I fixed it and can't for the life of me remember how I did it.

I dropped the jar file into it's own folder and pointed it to the StarWarsGalaxies folder (as it happens to be called on my machine) in the installation dialog (the whole time during which the red error light in SWGAide is on).

I can select my characters alright, but I have three problems.

1. SWGAide can't get resources from SWG Craft. I constantly get the error "Connection error: temp\swgcraft-starsider-current.xml (The system cannot find the path specified)
My user name/password have been entered correctly and verified.

2. I can't exit SWGAide. ALT-F4, right click on task bar/close, File/Exit...none of them work. Only CTRL-ALT-DELETE to bring up the Task Manager will shut it down.

3. Every time I start SWGAide, it goes through the installation dialog. It never remembers any of the settings.

Sorry for the trouble, but any help would be appreciated.
Hmmm, this sounds like a Microsoft Windows error. But I thought W7 was better handling this.

Have you verified that you run SWGAide in admin mode?
I do not recall exactly the steps on how to do this but it was in the Windows settings which must be changed at some places. Read this post and perhaps some posts further down and see if that was it. It is all about allowing SWGAide to execute in admin mode to be able to find files in a normal way, and to read/write files in SWG's installation folder.

Number 2 seems really odd though. If there are problems with the admin mode I believe there are no logs either :( Possibly they are connected, that SWGAide never quits because it is waiting for some file to ... Try solving the admin mode first.

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:48 pm

Diggity wrote:...the conversion converted my Resource Inventory out of existence so I dl'd the old version again and decided to wait on the upgrade. I have to apologize for being a typical end-user, but Im not e-savvy enough to troubleshoot very well. So, rather than doing the workaround suggested above, I made a /note file and began anew. It was on my todo list, anyway. My Inventory was incomplete, incorrect, and all my quantities were wrong. I will back up my resource list a few different ways and hopefully it'll convert better for me next time.

I hope you know about the "import from notes file" for inventory. While at the inventory panel, press F1.

A preface and a couple questions:
I have resources from my old closed server that were never recorded in the database, and now I cant log them as transfers on my new server. In getting inconsistent results when I try to force the entry. I have been able to record some under my old character/server and some in my new server, but on some entries the specific resource name displays only as (?) and the entry is un-editable, and on others, the entry disappears into the void and never shows. Some unrecorded transfer resources log fine on the new server, showing the origin server name, and some log the entry but show (?). Other entries also disappear into the void here.

Is there a workaround for the old or new version of SWGAide? Will the new version allow you to force an entry at the dialog box?

We are talking about the new SWGAide, right. Yes, it is no problems importing resources from a "foreign" galaxy. If the SWGCraft ID-number is unknown (read the help text for inventory, press F1) you must specify both galaxy and resource name. The new SWGAide supports the old export-file format so if you once had these entries in the old SWGAide you are fine. Either use the export file from the conversion tool or if have an old export file:
  • For each entry in an old file, verify that there is a "(galaxyname)resourcename" for all of those resources you think are not listed at SWGCraft
  • For each entry in the new file format, or from the conversion utility, if the ID column is empty, add a galaxy in the galaxy column
[/color]

Thank you to Zimoon for SWG Aide, and thanks to anyone who can help with the unrecorded, dead server, resource issue.
I will give it a try with the dialog box for a dead server but I know SWGCraft still replies to queries for data regarding these servers. And I am told SWGCraft accepts submission of "old resources" for these servers too, something SWGAide does not support yet though.

To help you further we perhaps need to take one thing at a time: the import file and how it looks like, the add/edit dialog and how it looks like. Also, any anomaly in SWGAide is always logged to the two log files so you will probably see what it thought was wrong in the general log file, severe errors go to the other file and also lits up the red error bulb in the lower right corner of SWGAide's window.

/Zimoon

Tharek Tolemac
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Tharek Tolemac » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:57 pm

Dont know if they are bugs, but added some things here:

http://www.swgcraft.org/forums/viewtopi ... =29&t=2066

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:58 pm

Makiko wrote:
HydroTek wrote:***makiko

I just did an install into a new folder, of SWGAide to check out your problem, all went fine for me. (vista32 pro)

Window$ may be blocking the .jar file or one of the subcomponents from installing correctly.

I ran my install with admin privelges, and had the firewall shut off ..you may want to try that on yours :)
Thanks for your reply and suggestions.

I am the administrator account on this machine and everything is full access.

Actually solved it but it is a very strange issue. I remembered what it was last time.

SWGAide couldn't find the saved email files which were in the typical SWG folder and that was causing all the problems. I just copied the saved emails into SWGAide's email folder and everything now works fine.
Reading this I wonder, can SWGAide write to notes files in the SWG folder? After you have launched SWGAide, are there any mails left in the "typical SWG" folder? It sounds like SWGAide is hand-cuffed in regards to that folder with its content, but I perhaps read it wrong? What are the admin permissions for the SWG folder?

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: SWGAide Wish-list: Suggestions, Ideas, and Must-Have

Post by Zimoon » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:02 pm

Tharek Tolemac wrote:Maybe I havent set the program correctly, but:

In the old version, when a resource from the inventory was shown in a guard, it was marked in green.

Now they are unmarked like the ones currently in spawn. Makes it a bit uncomfortable to separate them.

Also, it would be nice if the notes you add in the inventory are shown if you check the details of this resource in the guard details.
Thanks TT, I moved your two posts from the wish-list to here. This is fixed already and will be part of the next release. When I rewired the GUI stuff I disabled quite a lot of stuff and deferred it until later. And now is later :)
/Zimoon

Tharek Tolemac
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Tharek Tolemac » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:05 pm

Alright, sorry for posting in the other topic. :) Great work btw. :)

A short question: I thought the new SWGAide should have another routine to add resources from files.

But when I imported my inventory after the update, it looked up all resources on swgcraft again. Have I missunderstood that or isnt that implimented yet?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:08 pm

Thanks everybody for your feedback and reports.

And a huge thanks to those of you that stepped in and helped our fellows when I was not around, great, awesome, continue doing that :)

One tip though: Read the help texts (press F1) and the read-me files. If these are unclear and vague, let me know in what way I can improve.

Indeed, I welcome anybody who has English as his/her mother tongue to edit them and send updated copies to me. Using a tool such as Winzip the files are found inside the JAR file, in folders named doc a little spread out. The format is HTML but in its simplest form so just concentrate on the text.

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:14 pm

Tharek Tolemac wrote:Alright, sorry for posting in the other topic. :) Great work btw. :)

A short question: I thought the new SWGAide should have another routine to add resources from files.

But when I imported my inventory after the update, it looked up all resources on swgcraft again. Have I missunderstood that or isnt that implimented yet?
Not sure I understand the question, I have not changed anything regarding the lookup but perhaps I should?
If the ID-number is present SWGAide will use that number.
Otherwise the galaxy + name is used to lookup,
If not found it will use the data found in the file.

I guess that if the ID is there and all other data seems OK SWGAide could skp the lookup-step for that one, but that is not implemented yet. Comments?

What is new is that you now can have columns in any order in the import-from-file, including the order of the stats. As long as the header line with column names is OK this will work.

/Zimoon

HydroTek
Intermediate Crafter

Post by HydroTek » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:21 pm

Zimoon wrote:So, in short, in-game and SWGAide AER will always differ slightly.
In-game Spec-Rate is not the same as SWGAide BER (at the active harvie table), but possibly I could change name for that column???
Thanks for the explanation, and I hope you feel better soon :)

You may want to rename that column to EBER (Effective Base Extraction Rate) just to remove confusion.

Suggestion: When I set a new harvester, I may or may not have the Ent buff (Harvest Faire 1-5%) ...this makes me edit the owner, if I dont forget.
Would it be good to move the Ent buff to the activate harvester panel, since this can change each time I set harvesters?

Suggestion2: On the harvesting tab, when you choose refresh harvester, it would be good to have a popup box to add current power and maintenance amounts.

Tharek Tolemac wrote:But when I imported my inventory after the update, it looked up all resources on swgcraft again. Have I missunderstood that or isnt that implimented yet?
When I did the update, the resources were also re-looked up ...this operation took several minutes (I have 371 resources), I think this is what Tharek is asking about.
If it's stuck :x ...force it ...if it breaks, :shock: you needed a new one anyway :)
Characters(Legends): HydroTek, Ditty, and Talo ..give a shout if you see me in game