SWGAide --- Your SWG Swizz Knife

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: SWGAide --- version 0.7.77

Post by Zimoon » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:44 am

HydroTek wrote:Zimoon, you have my vote for /BMOC ...I just upgraded my copy of SWGAide, and it went without any problems.

Thanks for all your work on such a great tool.

I do have one request tho ...please bring back the highlighting on resources that I have in inventory, when using a guard.
Thanks a lot :D

Already done, did it late yesterday evening. Included in next release.

There are some more stuff that I deferred, carefully noted at my side and handled while waiting for bug reports, find one and I will send you a cookie ;)

HydroTek
Intermediate Crafter

Post by HydroTek » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:20 pm

This may not be a big deal, but I just noticed some differences in the figures for an elite chemical harvester. I (this is on my Jedi) have the full harvest faire buff, the harvester is BER 44 shown in the deed.

SWG reports Actual rate 61.84, Spec rate 46, 89% concentration
SWGAide reports BER 69.3, AER 61.7, I claimed 5 points in owner, buff field
If it's stuck :x ...force it ...if it breaks, :shock: you needed a new one anyway :)
Characters(Legends): HydroTek, Ditty, and Talo ..give a shout if you see me in game

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:54 pm

Kick off at work tonight, will look at thus tomorrow :mrgreen:

Scheeee youuuuu laterrrr

maninspace
Intermediate Crafter

Post by maninspace » Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:19 am

Zimoon,
here is something, that has to be an user error :D

I tried to upload some old resources to swgcraft, using the submit resources tab. for this, I wrote in me rem.txt file:

depl, obole, tattoinian geothermal renewable energy, 323 963
depl, omninovai, talusian geothermal renewable energy, 836 694
depl, oudri, yavinian geothermal renewable energy, 319 996
depl, vofoar, mustafarian solid petro fuel, 784 945
depl, opeice, corellian animal bones, 636 463 973 427 874

when hitting the submit button nothing happens... no notification, no error, no log, nothing... any idea?
SWG/DE Chronicle Master Correspondent

Europe-Farstar:
Horman Sheridan, Ta-awe Ifofa, Sahoo Arej, Anke Strassburg
Starsider:
Horman Sheridan, Hormon Sheridan

HydroTek
Intermediate Crafter

Post by HydroTek » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:49 am

Using the submit resources tab, I get an error on the Dath wooly hide ("Dathomirian Wooly Hide" is impossible to harvest naturally)

Below is what I have in my rem.txt file

Plito , Corellian Wooly Hide, 721 224 623 105 274
Ewisro , Dantooine Wooly Hide, 172 1 281 939 286
Ewosso , Dathomirian Wooly Hide, 685 533 244 391 908
Daobe , Endorian Wooly Hide, 299 991 837 461 461
Aklib , Lokian Wooly Hide, 417 800 91 305 372

depl, Iseb , Nabooian Wooly Hide, 16

***maninspace
I believe you do not need to include the stats when marking a resource as depleted, that may be the error
If it's stuck :x ...force it ...if it breaks, :shock: you needed a new one anyway :)
Characters(Legends): HydroTek, Ditty, and Talo ..give a shout if you see me in game

Diggity
Novice Crafter

Post by Diggity » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:11 am

Hello.
Love the utility, but I have had a problem with the conversion. All my inventory of resources is gone! I will go back and reread the instructions, but any help in the meantime is appreciated. FYI: I moved the old jar file to a subfolder and ran the conversion, then unzipped the new jar file.

maninspace
Intermediate Crafter

Post by maninspace » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:38 am

HydroTek wrote:
depl, Iseb , Nabooian Wooly Hide, 16

***maninspace
I believe you do not need to include the stats when marking a resource as depleted, that may be the error
Thought about that, but if the stats are not at swgcraft, where will you get them?!
BTW, what is the 16 standing for in your example?

@Diggity:

The workaround, that worked for me, is:
Unzip your NEW SWGAide in another NEW folder and run the jar file.
Unzip the Conversation Tool in your old SWGAide folder:
A folder named TRANSIT is created.
Open your new SWGAide, go to the Resource Tab, go to Inventory Tab, right-click, choose IMPORT FROM FILE..., choose the Transit-Folder from your old installation, there you should find a folder with your galaxy, in there you'll find a file for your inventory, your guards and your harvesters (if any).

Worked fine for me this way :)

Europe-Farstar:
Starsider:

Makiko
Novice Crafter

Post by Makiko » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:29 am

I have been having trouble with the new version of SWGAide.

I recently did a clean install of Windows 7 and tonight I downloaded the new version of SWGAide.

The problem I am having occurred with the previous version under Windows Vista as well, but somehow I fixed it and can't for the life of me remember how I did it.

I dropped the jar file into it's own folder and pointed it to the StarWarsGalaxies folder (as it happens to be called on my machine) in the installation dialog (the whole time during which the red error light in SWGAide is on).

I can select my characters alright, but I have three problems.

1. SWGAide can't get resources from SWG Craft. I constantly get the error "Connection error: temp\swgcraft-starsider-current.xml (The system cannot find the path specified)
My user name/password have been entered correctly and verified.

2. I can't exit SWGAide. ALT-F4, right click on task bar/close, File/Exit...none of them work. Only CTRL-ALT-DELETE to bring up the Task Manager will shut it down.

3. Every time I start SWGAide, it goes through the installation dialog. It never remembers any of the settings.

Sorry for the trouble, but any help would be appreciated.
Last edited by Makiko on Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maninspace
Intermediate Crafter

Post by maninspace » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:33 am

This sounds like a nice error while installation...
you should send the logfile to zimoon - he loves logfiles :D

Europe-Farstar:
Starsider:

HydroTek
Intermediate Crafter

Post by HydroTek » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:30 pm

Thought about that, but if the stats are not at swgcraft, where will you get them?!
BTW, what is the 16 standing for in your example?
The '16' is the days old of the resource ...when I generated the rem,txt file that was already in there.

If your referring to stats for 'old' historical resources, I would suggest adding them at SWGCraft, instead of using SWGAide for those.

HydroTek
Intermediate Crafter

Post by HydroTek » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:53 pm

***makiko

I just did an install into a new folder, of SWGAide to check out your problem, all went fine for me. (vista32 pro)

Window$ may be blocking the .jar file or one of the subcomponents from installing correctly.

I ran my install with admin privelges, and had the firewall shut off ..you may want to try that on yours :)

Diggity
Novice Crafter

Post by Diggity » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:13 pm

...the conversion converted my Resource Inventory out of existence so I dl'd the old version again and decided to wait on the upgrade. I have to apologize for being a typical end-user, but Im not e-savvy enough to troubleshoot very well. So, rather than doing the workaround suggested above, I made a /note file and began anew. It was on my todo list, anyway. My Inventory was incomplete, incorrect, and all my quantities were wrong. I will back up my resource list a few different ways and hopefully it'll convert better for me next time.

A preface and a couple questions:
I have resources from my old closed server that were never recorded in the database, and now I cant log them as transfers on my new server. In getting inconsistent results when I try to force the entry. I have been able to record some under my old character/server and some in my new server, but on some entries the specific resource name displays only as (?) and the entry is un-editable, and on others, the entry disappears into the void and never shows. Some unrecorded transfer resources log fine on the new server, showing the origin server name, and some log the entry but show (?). Other entries also disappear into the void here.

Is there a workaround for the old or new version of SWGAide? Will the new version allow you to force an entry at the dialog box?

Thank you to Zimoon for SWG Aide, and thanks to anyone who can help with the unrecorded, dead server, resource issue.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:24 pm

maninspace wrote:Zimoon,
here is something, that has to be an user error :D

I tried to upload some old resources to swgcraft, using the submit resources tab. for this, I wrote in me rem.txt file:

depl, obole, tattoinian geothermal renewable energy, 323 963
depl, omninovai, talusian geothermal renewable energy, 836 694
depl, oudri, yavinian geothermal renewable energy, 319 996
depl, vofoar, mustafarian solid petro fuel, 784 945
depl, opeice, corellian animal bones, 636 463 973 427 874

when hitting the submit button nothing happens... no notification, no error, no log, nothing... any idea?
This is expected. The "depleted" feature marks resources as depleted, that is, if they are not listed as available at SWGCraft and in SWGAide nothing happens.

I want to add a festure so SWGAide can submit old resources, those that already are marked as depleted, but we are not there yet. Today you can use the text input field at SWGCraft and tick that check-box named "old".

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:27 pm

Sorry but I have been badly sick today, I will scan all posts tomorrow, please bear with me.

Makiko
Novice Crafter

Post by Makiko » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:32 pm

maninspace wrote:This sounds like a nice error while installation...
you should send the logfile to zimoon - he loves logfiles :D
Will do. Actually I fixed it...see post below if anybody is interested.