SWGAide --- Your SWG Swizz Knife

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Edra
Novice Crafter

Re: SWGAide --- Your SWG Swizz Knife

Post by Edra » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:28 am

Having more issues with 0.9.5

Known at galaxy, unreported at planet doesnt seem to be working anymore. One such example is Hahae, Quadranium Steel (Shyrhee) Talus 6h for Bria. After receiving the ISD's emails, it clearly shows this steel on other planets, but swgaide doesnt show it on "Known at galaxy, unreported at planet"

I ended up loading an older version of swgaide (0.8.16) and it listed the resources correctly.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:02 pm

Nautillus wrote:While updating Musty resources today, using the resource tab and the Rem.txt i think it is, I noted the following:

1. The notes say when replacing a spawn to just overwrite the resource name, and add stats. This works but the old resource remains in the file.
Please explain what you mean with "remains in file". Do you mean the "rem.txt" file? Or SWGAide itself?
So in the case of Mustafar, where like the JTL resources and Highlander, there can be only one.
I cabnot say that I am 100% sure but I believe I have seen more than one Mustafarian steel in spawn at the same time, also ore; but I may be delusional. If it is 100% correct that only one of steel, iron, ore, and whatever is in spawn at a time then I can change this, no problem.

2. When deleting the resource tab (right click, mark as depleted) it just froze and did nothing. I had the hourglass till I tabbed to something else 1st.
This happened to me the other day, and when SWGAide started working again the error messages made me think it it was a temporary Internet or server glitch. The only recent change is erasing a thing related to password security that was not used anymore, and adding so that SWGAide presents itself with name and version when talking to SWGCraft. I must ask Sobuno if he knows anything that could cause this hiccup.

For Sobuno: recent errors like this have happened for the first call, during username/password handshake. Once passed that I have not encountered any errors. I will see what I find in my logs.

For Nautillus, did you look in the two logs to find a reason for the hiccup?

Can you make SWGAide automaticly delete the old Mustafar resource? In Rem.txt marking depl , resourcename works fine, but will need to add the new resource and mark old resource depl.
See above. I will not add this unless it is 100% certain that Mustafarian resources works the same way as Organics and Fiberplast does.

Annd similar to the res.txt can SWGAid automaticly delte the old file after the submit button is used?
I hesitate because I have run into too many occasions when I really used the file for different reasons. That is why I have the "erase or append" dialog, to let you decide whether to overwrite or append to rem.txt. Right after submit the file just sits there and does nothing, but it can be read and edited at the Main panel or in-game.

However, I will indeed listen if you present us with a good argument why erasing its content right away after successful submit is a good thing.
In red
Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:06 pm

Edra wrote:Having more issues with 0.9.5

Known at galaxy, unreported at planet doesnt seem to be working anymore. One such example is Hahae, Quadranium Steel (Shyrhee) Talus 6h for Bria. After receiving the ISD's emails, it clearly shows this steel on other planets, but swgaide doesnt show it on "Known at galaxy, unreported at planet"

I ended up loading an older version of swgaide (0.8.16) and it listed the resources correctly.
Hmmm, I will have a look at that. It is not unlikely because of the changes deep within related to managing mails. And it may have slipped my eyes because Chimaera is that well updated that not much is left unreported and thus the less chances to run into it.

Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:37 pm

Edra wrote:In the latest build of swgaide (0.9.5) I'm having a small issue with using the delete key. After updating a server I delete the emails. But sometimes using the delete key doesn't work. I have to right-click and select delete.
I have found the reason but I am uncertain whether this is a change, it might be. Whatever...
Workaround: when you browse around in SWGAide and go back to the Main panel you must again click at the character to have the Edit menu to re-populate itself so the Delete key is registered.

I will of course see what can be done to avoid having to click the character but SWGAide should populate the Edit menu automagically.

Thanks for reporting it :)
Zimoon

Nautillus
Novice Crafter

Post by Nautillus » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:40 am

Zimoon wrote:
Nautillus wrote:While updating Musty resources today, using the resource tab and the Rem.txt i think it is, I noted the following:

1. The notes say when replacing a spawn to just overwrite the resource name, and add stats. This works but the old resource remains in the file.
Please explain what you mean with "remains in file". Do you mean the "rem.txt" file? Or SWGAide itself? Rem.txt, if I view resources I notice my new resource and my old resource are both listed.
So in the case of Mustafar, where like the JTL resources and Highlander, there can be only one.
I cabnot say that I am 100% sure but I believe I have seen more than one Mustafarian steel in spawn at the same time, also ore; but I may be delusional. If it is 100% correct that only one of steel, iron, ore, and whatever is in spawn at a time then I can change this, no problem. head scratch you may be right here. Damn i only go there when there is something I want. I'll make a few trips and see what my resource tool says Or just look at my isd mail.

2. When deleting the resource tab (right click, mark as depleted) it just froze and did nothing. I had the hourglass till I tabbed to something else 1st.
This happened to me the other day, and when SWGAide started working again the error messages made me think it it was a temporary Internet or server glitch. The only recent change is erasing a thing related to password security that was not used anymore, and adding so that SWGAide presents itself with name and version when talking to SWGCraft. I must ask Sobuno if he knows anything that could cause this hiccup.

For Sobuno: recent errors like this have happened for the first call, during username/password handshake. Once passed that I have not encountered any errors. I will see what I find in my logs.

For Nautillus, did you look in the two logs to find a reason for the hiccup?
No sir didn't even know there were logs.

Can you make SWGAide automaticly delete the old Mustafar resource? In Rem.txt marking depl , resourcename works fine, but will need to add the new resource and mark old resource depl.
See above. I will not add this unless it is 100% certain that Mustafarian resources works the same way as Organics and Fiberplast does.

Annd similar to the res.txt can SWGAid automaticly delte the old file after the submit button is used?
I hesitate because I have run into too many occasions when I really used the file for different reasons. That is why I have the "erase or append" dialog, to let you decide whether to overwrite or append to rem.txt. Right after submit the file just sits there and does nothing, but it can be read and edited at the Main panel or in-game. Lol I just get confused, sometimes forget which i'm looking at. BTW I love this thing you have created.

However, I will indeed listen if you present us with a good argument why erasing its content right away after successful submit is a good thing. [/color]
In red
Zimoon
Icthys Max, Shipwright - Starsider
Nautillus, Weaponsmith - Starsider
Mannaray, Droids - Bloodfin
Willum Hammersmith, Structures - Chimaera
U'ss, Droids - Chimaera

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:14 am

I've added a custom error handler to the SOAP server, so that we can hopefully track this down.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:17 pm

Sobuno wrote:I've added a custom error handler to the SOAP server, so that we can hopefully track this down.
Great, I will sure make use of it.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

SWGAide --- version 0.9.6

Post by Zimoon » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:33 pm

SWGAide version 0.9.6 is available

This version adds coloring to the tabs for Schematics and Today's Alert when a resource outshines your inventory, and some improvements to that panel so that you can select a default profession (or ALL) or "assignee", and some more bits.

However, chiefly this update contains several fixes for bugs and glitches; some were old, known, and annoying, others were old and nasty but unreported (?), while yet others were new. Thanks both for your patience and for your kind and great bug reports.

From the history file:
0.9.6 Beta, March 27, 2011
  • Fixed display and sorting errors at Harvesting panel.
  • Fixed an error that made the Trade-Customers panel crash.
  • Fixed filtering problems and improved logic at Trade tables.
  • Fixed a bug that sometimes caused race-conditions at Trade Statistics.
  • Updated the Trade-Customers panel so that filters apply as you type.
  • The tabs for Schematics and Today's Alert now alerts with a color.
  • Corrected a display issue and improvement at Today's Alert.
  • Fixed a bug with lost mail menu options when navigating.
  • Fixed a bug with ISDroids and unreported-for-planet.
New features always come with individual or updated help texts, so also this update. To be able to read them via the index.html file next to SWGAide itself you must launch the new version at least once, which updates all outside files. And of course, they are accessible via F1 and the Help menu.

I repeat myself but...
  • Your feedback and support is invaluable, often your comments add that silver lining of my day, thanks.
  • SWGAide is and will continue to be an open source project:
    • Its purpose is to make your SWG game-play the happier and aide you wherever possible
    • Its purpose is to support SWGCraft and yourself while updating this awesome site
    • Anybody can contribute to SWGAide:
      • Java developers are welcomed, even if you are not super skilled, contact me with your idea and we will sort it out
      • Anybody is welcomed with cool ideas, gathering data (I never trash anything but keep it around until it is possible to use), translate (see info in the "docs" folder), whatever you come up with --- post at this forum board and we will vent the ideas, none is too silly, sometimes the smallest bits may add so much extra value

Thanks and enjoy
Zimoon

gurgi1970
Novice Crafter

Post by gurgi1970 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:14 pm

Hi Zimon,

I tried following the links at the top of this thread to get SWGAide, but I am not able to find it. Everything I see tells me that the files directory is empty. Am I missing something? I've been going through all my resources and have found several that are not on SWGCraft and would like to assist my fellow crafters with the knowledge of these resources.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:10 pm

gurgi1970 wrote:Hi Zimon,

I tried following the links at the top of this thread to get SWGAide, but I am not able to find it. Everything I see tells me that the files directory is empty. Am I missing something? I've been going through all my resources and have found several that are not on SWGCraft and would like to assist my fellow crafters with the knowledge of these resources.
Sorry about that, I have now removed obsolete links and added a link to the download site. Or you can click at SWGAide in my signature.

However, SWGAide does not yet support submitting data for "old resources" and I must try to add that to my TODO-list. I believe the support for having SWGAide do that exists at this site already, just that I am short of time. However, SWGAide is open source so anybody could contact me to join the "team", or send me a patch to apply on the code :)

Here at SWGCraft you submit old resources at http://www.swgcraft.org/dev/add_old_resources.php but that is one by one and long and cumbersome. Probably you want to add them to SWGAide's resource inventory for now and as soon as support for submitting old-resources it will ask ask you if you want to submit from inventory to SWGCraft. Read the help-text while at Resources >> Inventory and see what you find the easiest to do to add to inventory, probably using an in-game notes file for now.

Zimoon

gurgi1970
Novice Crafter

Post by gurgi1970 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:56 pm

Thank you for the fix. I'll look at it tonight after I get home from work. I did try to submit 2 of the resources I know are old and not showing. Both are Space resources. One is Space Petrochemical and I couldn't find it even listed as a class to add it. Only stat for it is OQ of 500. The other is a mineral, can't remember the name, but it doesn't show either. OQ on that is at 1000 (both very nice to make vehicle restoration kits). If I get a chance when I get home, I'll log in with my main and grab the information and post here, perhaps we can figure out if I am doing something wrong.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:11 am

gurgi1970 wrote:Thank you for the fix. I'll look at it tonight after I get home from work. I did try to submit 2 of the resources I know are old and not showing. Both are Space resources. One is Space Petrochemical and I couldn't find it even listed as a class to add it. Only stat for it is OQ of 500. The other is a mineral, can't remember the name, but it doesn't show either. OQ on that is at 1000 (both very nice to make vehicle restoration kits). If I get a chance when I get home, I'll log in with my main and grab the information and post here, perhaps we can figure out if I am doing something wrong.
http://www.swgcraft.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1517
Zimoon wrote:Space resources are static, they don't spawn and they don't despawn and they always have the same stats. Hence your obstacle :)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:49 pm

Sobuno wrote:
gurgi1970 wrote:Thank you for the fix. I'll look at it tonight after I get home from work. I did try to submit 2 of the resources I know are old and not showing. Both are Space resources. One is Space Petrochemical and I couldn't find it even listed as a class to add it. Only stat for it is OQ of 500. The other is a mineral, can't remember the name, but it doesn't show either. OQ on that is at 1000 (both very nice to make vehicle restoration kits). If I get a chance when I get home, I'll log in with my main and grab the information and post here, perhaps we can figure out if I am doing something wrong.
http://www.swgcraft.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1517
Zimoon wrote:Space resources are static, they don't spawn and they don't despawn and they always have the same stats. Hence your obstacle :)
Yes, Space resources and recycled resources have fix stats, these are handled specially in SWGAide. Add them to your inventory so they will show up for schematics, but they need not be reported to SWGCraft as they never change.

/Z

tanooshman
Novice Crafter

Post by tanooshman » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:10 pm

I'm responding to posts about Mustafar resources.

I have seen incidences of 2 resources under Steel, Iron, and gemstones. While it does not mean all the inorganics can spawn multiples, it certainly suggests it.

And since I'm posting already, let me take the opportunity to repeat HUZZAH Zimoon! Great product!!

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:30 pm

tanooshman wrote:I'm responding to posts about Mustafar resources.

I have seen incidences of 2 resources under Steel, Iron, and gemstones. While it does not mean all the inorganics can spawn multiples, it certainly suggests it.

And since I'm posting already, let me take the opportunity to repeat HUZZAH Zimoon! Great product!!

Yes, I am quite confident that there is no rule against multiple Inorganic at Mustafar and until I am proved otherwise, well beyond reasonable doubt, I shrug against such changes to the code. This does not mean that it happens every week or day, but often enough.

But ... it is fully understandable that coming fresh to a game --- and a game with a crafting mechanism richer than most other games --- one can draw conclusions based on what one see, it is just that when one see more some first assumptions (or guesses) must be adjusted. And it is nothing wrong with that as long as one have an open mind.

/Zimoon