SWGAide --- Your SWG Swizz Knife

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: SWGAide --- version 0.7.76

Post by Zimoon » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:23 am

Bulba wrote:Your cap value for Perovskitic Aluminum SR seems off. It goes to 1000 but you have 764 showing as an 800+ in green (considering caps).

That is with a current Starsider spawn called Pecohiine.

HTH :)
Aaaah, I get it. It is a JTL resource, is it not? Did you have Aluminum selected in the resource-tree top-left-most? If that was the case the color is correct, but if you had nothing selected it should have colored versus itself. I will look into it when I come home, am at work right now 8)

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:29 am

Bulba wrote:Ok now I feel dumb :oops: I updated the java version to 1.6.0_17 and it executed ok. ...
Hmmm, I thought I had not used something that required an upgrade to 1.6.0_17, I believe I have only 0_16 at home; more specifically, I thought it would do with anything 1.6xxx as otherwise Java itself has broken its compatibility, this is odd. Java should stay compatible within major versions, in this case the "6" :shock:

Waiting for input from maninspace to see what version he has and if an upgrade of Java solves this issue for him too.

maninspace
Intermediate Crafter

Post by maninspace » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:55 am

Zimoon wrote:
maninspace wrote:I cant acccess "my swgcraft" settings under options... :(
That is really odd. What is the Java version you are using? Open a Command Terminal (name?) and type

java -version

and type the output here.

/Zimoon
1.6.0_17

environment 1.6.0_17-b04

have to be an actual version, just updated about 2 days ago... ?!
SWG/DE Chronicle Master Correspondent

Europe-Farstar:
Horman Sheridan, Ta-awe Ifofa, Sahoo Arej, Anke Strassburg
Starsider:
Horman Sheridan, Hormon Sheridan

Bulba
Novice Crafter

Post by Bulba » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:13 am

Zimoon wrote: ..... Java should stay compatible within major versions, in this case the "6" :shock:
That's what I thought, which is why I didn't first try to see if an upgrade was available.
Zimoon wrote: .....That you say it reported about an updated resourcetree.xml tells me it is fresh install OR you have not used the old SWGAide in a very long time, right?
Correct. It was a fresh install.
Zimoon wrote: Aaaah, I get it. It is a JTL resource, is it not? Did you have Aluminum selected in the resource-tree top-left-most? If that was the case the color is correct, but if you had nothing selected it should have colored versus itself. I will look into it when I come home, am at work right now 8)
Yes its a JTL, the gate is from 0-1000.

With "All Resources" selected, the 764 is white (<800, considering caps)
With "Inorganic" selected, the 764 is white (<800, considering caps)
With "Metal" selected, the 764 is white (<800, considering caps)
With "Non-Ferrous" selected, the 764 is green (800+, considering caps)
With "Aluminum" selected, the 764 is green (800+, considering caps)
With "Perovskitic Aluminum" selected, the 764 is white (<800, considering caps)

Should the correct behaviour be that it always colours against itself, regardless of the selected category? I seem to remember that's how it used to work, but I'm only back after a break of 3 months so I may be remembering it wrong.

In any case, I hope you have enough info there to find what's misbehaving :)
maninspace wrote:I cant access "my swgcraft" settings under options... :(
I'm having the same issue as well. Fresh install, java 1.6.0_17. The menu item is not greyed out, there is just no action after it's clicked.

I can't get the Java console to work atm so I can't give you any error msg's sorry. I'll keep trying.

Thanks again Z!

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:17 pm

Bulba wrote:...
Should the correct behaviour be that it always colours against itself, regardless of the selected category? I seem to remember that's how it used to work, but I'm only back after a break of 3 months so I may be remembering it wrong.
If nothing is selected in the top-left tree of resource classes it should count towards itself, so if you had selected Aluminum the coloring was OK, otherwise not.
Bulba wrote:
maninspace wrote:I cant access "my swgcraft" settings under options... :(
I'm having the same issue as well. Fresh install, java 1.6.0_17. The menu item is not greyed out, there is just no action after it's clicked.
Does the log files read anything sensible?

/Zimoon

Bulba
Novice Crafter

Post by Bulba » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:38 pm

Zimoon wrote: If nothing is selected in the top-left tree of resource classes it should count towards itself, so if you had selected Aluminum the coloring was OK, otherwise not.
I see. I understand why it works this way, you are showing the supertype caps. But then the only way to be sure you are seeing the actual class cap is to drill down to the individual resource class category, or to scroll through the complete list of available resources?

I would prefer to be able to make a judgement on the full range of ferrous, non-ferrous etc at once. But I don't know how hard that would be for you to do. Technically you would lose the function of showing the supertype cap. Technically, SWGAide would be less accurate. But for me that's not an issue. How hard would it be to have an option to "always calc/show resource caps against its own type" ?
Zimoon wrote: Does the log files read anything sensible?
Log files! I knew you were a pro hehe

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.ClassCastException: swg.model.SWGCGalaxy cannot be cast to java.lang.String
at swg.swgcraft.SWGCraftOptionsPanel.makeGalaxyPanel(SWGCraftOptionsPanel.java:475)
at swg.swgcraft.SWGCraftOptionsPanel.<init>(SWGCraftOptionsPanel.java:143)
at swg.gui.SWGFrame.getOptionsCraft(SWGFrame.java:573)
at swg.gui.SWGFrame.optionsSWGCraftClicked(SWGFrame.java:1272)
at swg.gui.SWGFrame$17.actionPerformed(SWGFrame.java:1289)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:10 pm

Bulba wrote:
Zimoon wrote:If nothing is selected in the top-left tree of resource classes it should count towards itself, so if you had selected Aluminum the coloring was OK, otherwise not.
I see. I understand why it works this way, you are showing the supertype caps. But then the only way to be sure you are seeing the actual class cap is to drill down to the individual resource class category, or to scroll through the complete list of available resources?.
On the contrary, if nothing is selected it shows the specific spawning class. I am on my way home soon and will check up an that JTL alu you mentioned.
To take that as an example:
If no class is selected in the top-left tree (after pressing Clear) that stat should not be colored since the cap is 1000.
If for example Aluminum is selected it should be colored, possibly just green.

So, only if you start drilling down it will be the super-class that determines the caps, if there is no selection it is the specific, spawning resource class that should be used.

Cheers
/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:13 pm

Thanks for the trace back, I see the error now. A school example of what more test pilots could have found /facepalm

So, you guys that have run into this error with the options panel, there will be another release in less than 6 hours from now :mrgreen:

For everybody, always check the two log files before you post about an issue, that shaves off some time :mrgreen:

/Zimoon

maninspace
Intermediate Crafter

Post by maninspace » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:35 pm

hehe, okay, I will wait before installing on my PC and reinstalling on my Notebook :)

Always a pleasure to work with you, Zimoon :)

Europe-Farstar:
Starsider:

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:06 pm

Short question:
Both of you, did you do a clean install?
If so I guess it is no harm for you to just nuke the file SWGAide.DAT as you do not have anything valuable in it?

If not I am puzzled, this could only happen from a fresh install, then describe what you did, please.

/Zimoon

maninspace
Intermediate Crafter

Post by maninspace » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:31 pm

When I installed the new version, I had no issues.
After starting the first time I just had 2 Tabs (Main and Trade) and I thought, I have to enter my access data, to get connected to swgcraft, so I hit the button the first time with nothing happens...
After restart I got the other tabs and I used the conversation tool... no problem running this one... but still no action after hitting the option button... :(

Europe-Farstar:
Starsider:

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:17 pm

maninspace wrote:When I installed the new version, I had no issues.
After starting the first time I just had 2 Tabs (Main and Trade) and I thought, I have to enter my access data, to get connected to swgcraft, so I hit the button the first time with nothing happens...
After restart I got the other tabs and I used the conversation tool... no problem running this one... but still no action after hitting the option button... :(
I am uploading the new version right now, I will post a notice when it is ready, if that do not help I need the interesting parts of the log files. Let us see.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: SWGAide --- version 0.7.77

Post by Zimoon » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:44 pm

SWGAide version 0.7.77 is available for download.

This version fixes the bug with not being able to open the SWGCraft Options dialog, a bug with galaxy names when there was no older galaxy specified in the file SWGAide.DAT.

Enjoy
/Zimoon

PS: I can mention that while I was ripping out so much other code I also added something called Enum for galaxies and planets. An Enum is something very, very constant in an application and galaxies is a good example, a galaxy is a galaxy and its name never changes. The same is true for planets. Using one such constant representation for a galaxy or a planet rather than its name as text greatly reduces the risk for spelling errors and the similar. If I need to change something I do it in one place only and not all over the code.

But I forgot that in one single location I had to retain the name as string for backward compatibility reasons, and this was it, in one tiny location :oops:

HydroTek
Intermediate Crafter

Post by HydroTek » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:06 am

Zimoon, you have my vote for /BMOC ...I just upgraded my copy of SWGAide, and it went without any problems.

Thanks for all your work on such a great tool.

I do have one request tho ...please bring back the highlighting on resources that I have in inventory, when using a guard.
If it's stuck :x ...force it ...if it breaks, :shock: you needed a new one anyway :)
Characters(Legends): HydroTek, Ditty, and Talo ..give a shout if you see me in game

maninspace
Intermediate Crafter

Post by maninspace » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:33 am

HydroTek wrote: I do have one request tho ...please bring back the highlighting on resources that I have in inventory, when using a guard.

/support this :D

Europe-Farstar:
Starsider: