SWGAide --- Your SWG Swizz Knife

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: SWGAide --- version 0.7.81

Post by Zimoon » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:50 pm

Belisama wrote:
Zimoon wrote:SWGAide version 0.7.81 is available.
thanks thanks thanks
*worship Zimoon*

Careful, I might turn cocky, but thanks :)

(i guess it's not needed to tell that Belisama Lotham's mails are there now, isn't it?)

Always good to get it verified, I am happy it worked. I believe the solution became even better and more stable in the end.

Best
Bel
/Zimoon

passionfly1
Apprentice Crafter

Re: SWGAide --- version 0.7.79

Post by passionfly1 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:16 am

Zimoon wrote:What the... :(

And I can assure you that I have used that new JAR file all yesterday evening. Hmmm, could be some very small incremental change that affects the DAT file so I don't face your problem. I mean, I do several very small changes and test a lot between each, which may "heal" the DAT file slowly. You guys face a bigger leap and there is something.

OK, back to coding then, and I had hoped for some decorating in Duaba Guerfel :)

Let's see how many of you that have mailed me the log files :twisted:
Without them it takes me a lot longer to find anyrhing at all.

/Zimoon
Don't worry Zimoon, we stil loves ya no matter what. Your our tireless hero. =) I checked out your sourceforge page and its so cute how you talk to yourself in your notes hehe

I looked inside one of the SVN repositories and omg I think I can read Chinese Calculas faster then all that stuff, what you do it pure magic to me lol

passionfly1
Apprentice Crafter

Post by passionfly1 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:26 am

Zimoon wrote:SWGAide version 0.7.81 is available.

This update includes:
  • If a guard is selected, activating a harvester sets the guard's name as notes for the harvester.
  • Fixed a bug with weighed filtering resources if a resource class is selected, this is at the current resources panel.
I am sorry for the many updates lately, but I am very happy for your great bug reports which makes for the quicker hot-fixes. The recent two bugs were found and pinpointed in less than 2 minutes each, the fixes took a little longer though but I can live with that if you just comfort me as good as you have done so far :D

Enjoy

/Zimoon

PS: If anybody knows of somebody, a friend of a third cousins aunt will do just fine, that can hint me on where to read up on patching hot-fixes on a running Java application, I would owe you big. What I mean is, some of the later bug fixes are so small that if it indeed is possible I would want SWGAide to auto-download just a small file and apply it on itself. I guess it is possible but just don't have the time and no clue on where to start looking. A link to somewhere at Internet will do fine too :)
ok, internet research, THAT I can do! You go on to Duaba Guerfel and decorate some trees, you deserve it. I'll start scouring the internet late Friday an Early Sat for good info on what you need. I'll try and find specific resources instead of general Java info you may not need, so as not to waste your time re-reading things you already know.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:49 am

I appreciate that :)
Chinese Calculas, huh, needa find out with my work-mate what that is, he is from Beijing :P

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:28 pm

Strange error:
SWGAide seems to be working, but today it can't be closed, no idea why. Yesterday it work's fine.
I use Windows 7. i reboot the PC and tried to restart SWGaide. Now the SWGaide sign shows up, but the blue bar down show up at all.
I closed jawa (in the task manager), delete the DAT-File and replace it with the file you mailed me a bit ago.
Now SWGaide open normal...
All mails are there. I just mailed my log-files...

Strange stuff that...

Best
Bel
Your domestic trader at Starsider TOG Mall: Tat WP -5101 -3308
You have resource for sale ? Check the TOG Holonet Channel for my offer
In Memoriam for all BE

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:11 pm

Thanks Beli. yes, this is really strange and I once again have to walk through the new resource manager. The error is related to the major problems that made me redesign resource handling in the first place, to avoid having several "objects" denoting the same resource in SWG.

However, I have changed one thing that will log the problem rather than stop SWGAide completely. Plus fix an ambiguity from happening. There will probably be another update in a few days if you can manage until then.

You can erase the log files if you want to, I got your mail :D

/Zimoon

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:24 am

Zimoon wrote:Thanks Beli. yes, this is really strange and I once again have to walk through the new resource manager. The error is related to the major problems that made me redesign resource handling in the first place, to avoid having several "objects" denoting the same resource in SWG.

However, I have changed one thing that will log the problem rather than stop SWGAide completely. Plus fix an ambiguity from happening. There will probably be another update in a few days if you can manage until then.

You can erase the log files if you want to, I got your mail :D

/Zimoon
I deleted the logfiles. And t hank you for checking :)
Atm i simply don't use the harv panal, but insteat i restart with using the mail-related stuff. I am glad that i have that part back :)
For the guards i still use MyRes and SWGAide, and for the resource managment only MYRes yet. But i know that one day i have to take the time to transfer all resource-storage to SWGAide ;)

Best
Bel
In Memoriam for all BE

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:23 pm

Belisama wrote:... i simply don't use the harv panal ...
Just a comment, the recent issue was not related to the harvest panel but the invisible resource manager, the heart of SWGAide. I don't know how that happened but there were two of that Geothermal Energy, which should not happen. However, I had made SWGAide to instantly stop if that happened, which is not necessary, a log message is enough. Plus of course that SWGAide automatically corrects the issue, which it does.

Today I would say there are no bugs in SWGAide that are critical, at least not what I have found from my daily "normal" use and my playing around a lot.

The more people playing around and using it the quicker the remaining annoying issues are hunted down, but even there I hope I have found most of them, the annoying items 8)

This weekend I am doing a "final" tour over the resource panels, small polishing, adding some small stuff wished for and that I want for myself :)

After that it is full speed at the schematics stuff. It will take me a week or so just to pick up the thread where I dropped it. But I guess that is good, perhaps my design thoughts had matured and evolved while lingering in my unconsciousness :D

Suggested homework:
  • You guys start a forum thread somewhere, about reviewing schematics
  • Post a section you are going to verify, such as DE: everything 0 to level 20
  • Arrange the datapad schematics section so you can read all text also for a tall schematic
  • In-game, take screenshots in-game of those schematics in the datapad
  • Out of game in any image tool, crop the size so it is just the text plus the image, save as PNG
  • If the image is missing for its schematic, upload it to SWGCraft
  • Compare the image and what is read for the schematic, including the "informative text" at the bottom
  • Update if necessary --- if you do not have editing access* you can use the comment field
  • Add extra info at the comment field, such as if the buff type is unclear, or if a component suffices to be bulk quality, etc.
  • Other comments or questions is better posted in the forum thread
* If you do not have "schematics maintainer" status, send Sobuno or any moderator a PM. We can grant you that status but bear in mind it takes a few days until we have processed the application.

None of the above will stop SWGAide, but SWGAide will not present you with better data than what is read at SWGCraft, so ... :)
And SWGAide will not show the images :P

Greetings
/Zimoon

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:46 pm

Zimoon wrote:
Belisama wrote:... i simply don't use the harv panal ...
Just a comment, the recent issue was not related to the harvest panel but the invisible resource manager, the heart of SWGAide.
Yup, but if i replace the DAT-file i loose the harvester-infos i had and all harvs will show on a depleted resource ... ;)
Zimoon wrote:* If you do not have "schematics maintainer" status, send Sobuno or any moderator a PM. We can grant you that status but bear in mind it takes a few days until we have processed the application.
Make me a schematics maintainer please. Not sure if i will get the time, but at least: If i found some i know what to do ,)#

Best
Bel
In Memoriam for all BE

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:37 pm

Belisama wrote:...Yup, but if i replace the DAT-file i loose the harvester-infos i had and all harvs will show on a depleted resource ... ;)

Aha, I see. Yes, it is not possible to export/import active harvesters, only the defined harvesrers plus users. Possibly I will include active if there is an interest for that.

Make me a schematics maintainer please. ...
Consider it done, I cannot imagine any dev/moderator would mind in your case :D
/Zimoon

passionfly1
Apprentice Crafter

Post by passionfly1 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:46 pm

Zimoon wrote:I appreciate that :)
Chinese Calculas, huh, needa find out with my work-mate what that is, he is from Beijing :P
hmmm it appears this information ison a pay type basis either through purchase ofa book on the subject:

http://my.safaribooksonline.com/0672326388 and http://www.informit.com/store/product.a ... 0672326388 and http://www.amazon.com/Covert-Java-Techn ... 244&sr=8-1

or classes that teach you the same sort of information but they deal with Oracle databases and SAP JSPM (Java Support Package Manager (http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/hel ... ameset.htm)

I'll keep looking for an actual tutorial but its not lookin good so far =/

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:08 pm

passionfly1 wrote:
Zimoon wrote:I appreciate that :)
hmmm it appears this information ison a pay type basis either through purchase ofa book on the subject:

http://my.safaribooksonline.com/0672326388 and http://www.informit.com/store/product.a ... 0672326388 and http://www.amazon.com/Covert-Java-Techn ... 244&sr=8-1

or classes that teach you the same sort of information but they deal with Oracle databases and SAP JSPM (Java Support Package Manager (http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/hel ... ameset.htm)

I'll keep looking for an actual tutorial but its not lookin good so far =/
Don't stress it bro, I will have a look when I get some time. Right now I am adding some small pieces to SWGAide resource panels, and testing, looking good so far :)

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: SWGAide --- version 0.7.82

Post by Zimoon » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:27 pm

SWGAide version 0.7.82 is now available.

From the history file:
  • Made it so the resource manager log errors rather than stop SWGAide
  • At submit-resources, added another filter which lists stat-less resources.
  • At submit-resources, added so stat-less resources are included and tagged
  • Fixed so a selected guard and its selection is retained when switching tabs
  • Added popup option to all possible tables at all panels to filter inventory
  • Added warning for profanity filter that alerts aborts parsing of ISDroid mails
This means that now the inventory can be filtered for resource class from whatever page under the Resource tab, making it easier to find whatever.

Stat-less resources are now tagged as such in the notes file rem.txt, used by the Submit Resources panel.
It is also possible to use a filter named Stat-less from the drop-down list, bottommost.
Stat-less resources always override the age chooser.

Now ISDroid reports saved to harddisk with the profanity filter on alerts already when they are scanned the very first time, and stops further execution. In-game, correct the option at the Options window (Misc I think), ...................... ooops, now I realize another mail-save is not enough, SWGAide will ignore the new mails >>> delete the offending reports from within SWGAide's mail folder. Shouldn't be too hard to find the most recent mails with the suffic ISD. I will update the docs for another version :oops:

Improved error handling in the resource manager, it will not stop SWGAide from working but it will emit error logs messages. Beli, keep an eye at those log files, if you see the out-of-memory error, send me a mail will you?

Enjoy
/Zimoon

passionfly1
Apprentice Crafter

Post by passionfly1 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:15 pm

darn still getting a hard lock on the startup with .82 with this error in the log file:

[Tue Dec 22 18:19:20 EST 2009 | version 0.7.82 == EXCEPTION == Caught in main: :Argument is not "profiles": C:\Program Files\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\Star Wars Galaxies\profiles
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Argument is not "profiles": C:\Program Files\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\Star Wars Galaxies\profiles
at swg.model.SWGStation.scanForStations(SWGStation.java:502)
at swg.model.SWGStation.scanForNewStations(SWGStation.java:456)
at swg.gui.SWGInitialize.scanForStations(SWGInitialize.java:745)
at swg.gui.SWGInitialize.scanAll(SWGInitialize.java:514)
at swg.gui.SWGFrame.initTabPane(SWGFrame.java:1011)
at swg.gui.SWGFrame.<init>(SWGFrame.java:260)
at swg.SWGAide.startGUI(SWGAide.java:567)
at swg.SWGAide.main(SWGAide.java:160)
=== STOPPED: Tue Dec 22 18:19:20 EST 2009

My SWG is installed in D:\Program Files (x86)\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed games\Star Wars Galaxies and not the default path its claiming to grab up there. Could this be the problem? If you install with the original installation off the DVD it will place it there but the new Station Launcher likes to put the game folder at my above location instead. Version .79, .81 and .82 all lockup with the scrubbed DAT file but a clean startup with no old DAT file allows SWGAide to start no problem. With no data in it of course.
Last edited by passionfly1 on Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:54 pm

The problem is the different file paths. See the nearby thread on how to deal with "new installations" and "new computers", I think I link to it in the first post of this thread.

This is one of the points that will be fixed as soon as schematics support is added, to edit the path to SWG. Right now, if the DAT file is from -0.7.33 you can use the conversion tool to "export data", otherwise run SWGAide on the old computer and export everything. The rest is read in that other thread.

Sorry for the inconvenience

/Zimoon