SWGAide --- Your SWG Swizz Knife

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Tharek Tolemac
Intermediate Crafter
Posts: 139
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:48 am

Re: SWGAide --- version 0.7.78

Post by Tharek Tolemac » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:30 am

Just a minor thing I saw:

The huge image

I think the "consider caps" function is useless at the moment. Regarding that top wild rice, a plain calculation results in ~793. Obviously, it considers caps, which is perfect for me. But I wondered what use the tickbox has then?

Note: I have ticked it off and then restarted SWGAide to test if the results for the rice change.

Is that working as intended?
Last edited by Zimoon on Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited out the giant image ,)

User avatar
Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Re: SWGAide --- version 0.7.78

Post by Zimoon » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:40 pm

It is, actually :)
I assume that you have selected a guard, the "(Chef) Wild Rice (43)", am I right? And I also assume you created the guard with the check-box ticked, you did? And if you did the guard remembers that selection eternally. So the PE=981 and OQ=997 gives 991.0476190 ~ 991. I will have a look at what the help text reads so it is not ambiguous. Whatever, it does not affect how existing guards work.

The tooltip text while hovering the mouse over the check-box reads that it affects the plain filters which are just below the resource table, does it not? Perhaps it would be better to have the check-box in te lower panel just beside the filters? :?:

/Zimoon

Tharek Tolemac
Intermediate Crafter
Posts: 139
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:48 am

Re: SWGAide --- version 0.7.78

Post by Tharek Tolemac » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:17 pm

I think I created it with caps suggestion on.

So, the only way to change it is to create the filter anew?

And the Picture wasnt that huge... I actually cut a lot of the screenshot away. :P

User avatar
Belisama
Intermediate Crafter
Posts: 248
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:06 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: SWGAide --- version 0.7.78

Post by Belisama » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:40 pm

Zimoon wrote:I have now verified that I did not remove the wrong character from the DAT file I sent you, I got worried for a moment. The characters that were in the file I returned where (at Starsider and that station):
Antal Lotham, Belisma Lotham, Rienco Lotham
It's Belisama, not Belisma
Belisma was the name I got when transfered. I need to keep that mails also.

So i need Antal Lotham, Belisma Lotham, Rienco Lotham and Belisama Lotham...

History is:
Belisama Tourista created a while bit before server transfer. then Belisama Tourista was deleted.
Belisama Lotham (Wanderhome) could not transferred to SS because Belisama was blocked. So Belisama Lotham (WH) transferred as Belisma Lotham to SS. The mails i saved under that name still needed.
I sent in a ticket to get my name Belisama back and asked to get renamed from Belisma Lotham to Belisama. I explained that Belisama Tourista was an old toon i deleted. Insteat of renamed to Belisama Lotham i got renamed to Belisama Tourista.
I sent in another ticlket and explained that they missunderstood my request. After that Belisama Tourista was renamed to Belisama Lotham *ingame*. At server characterlist she still is named Belisama Tourista.

Short form:
"First" Belisama Tourista (SS) deleted before server transfer.
Belisama Lotham (WH) transfered to Belisma Lotham (SS) - renamed to Belisama Tourista (SS) (this name is listed at characterscreen) - renamed to Belisama Lotham (SS) (ingame only)

BTW is it possible to move the mailed from Belisma Lotham to Belisama Lotham ? i am not sure if that is possible, but it would be great - because it's acually the same character *g*.

Best
Bel

User avatar
Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Re: SWGAide --- version 0.7.78

Post by Zimoon » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:30 pm

Belisama wrote:
Zimoon wrote:I have now verified that I did not remove the wrong character from the DAT file I sent you, I got worried for a moment. The characters that were in the file I returned where (at Starsider and that station):
Antal Lotham, Belisma Lotham, Rienco Lotham
It's Belisama, not Belisma
Belisma was the name I got when transfered. I need to keep that mails also.

So i need Antal Lotham, Belisma Lotham, Rienco Lotham and Belisama Lotham...

I know, I just listed those that existed in the DAT file I sent you, for that specific station (account).

...<snip>...

BTW is it possible to move the mailed from Belisma Lotham to Belisama Lotham ? i am not sure if that is possible, but it would be great - because it's acually the same character *g*.

Best
Bel
No problem :)
  1. Close SWG
  2. Close SWGAide
  3. Do not open them until finished
  4. Move away the file characterlist.TXT for the account
  5. Move away the folder named Belisama Tourista (you must do this from both SWG and SWGAide)
  6. If the following folders does not exist...
    • In SWG profiles\account\Starsider ... create a folder named "mail_Belisama Lotham"
    • In SWGAide mails\account\Starsider\ ... create a folder named "Belisama Lotham"
  7. Open the mail folder for Belisma, select all mails and move them to the folder for Belisama Lotham
  8. Delete the empty folder
  9. Move away the folder named "backups" (so SWGAide does not try to use any backup file)
  10. Move away the DAT file and put the one I sent you in its place
  11. Launch SWGAide
  12. If this does not work I am stumped but will do my best to find the cause during the weekend.
However, it is possible to move/delete/copy mails between the mail folders with SWGAide as you please, SWGAide will pick them up as if it was lost somehow. In fact, you can create a fake mail just to test, but the first lines must have the exactly the format described in "mail-TEMPLATE.txt".

Greetings
/Zimoon

User avatar
Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Re: SWGAide --- version 0.7.78

Post by Zimoon » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:39 pm

Tharek Tolemac wrote:I think I created it with caps suggestion on.

So, the only way to change it is to create the filter anew?

And the Picture wasnt that huge... I actually cut a lot of the screenshot away. :P
Have looked it through now and .... it is of course possible to edit the guard :D

Furthermore, the upcoming release has an improved handling of what is displayed: select a guard, add values at the bottom filters and both will interact (the guard must be selected first though). Many other small improvements are added too :wink:

/Zimoon

PS: the picture not tall but wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide :lol:

User avatar
Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Re: SWGAide --- version 0.7.78

Post by Zimoon » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:10 pm

Zimoon wrote:
Tharek Tolemac wrote:I think I created it with caps suggestion on.

So, the only way to change it is to create the filter anew?

And the Picture wasnt that huge... I actually cut a lot of the screenshot away. :P
Have looked it through now and .... it is of course possible to edit the guard
This is of course not true, I must have had a severe brain fart.
A weighed guard always considers the caps of the resource class of the guard.
The current help file is correct on this subject but I am updating it somewhat.
:oops: :oops: :oops:

Furthermore, the upcoming release has an improved handling of what is displayed: select a guard, add values at the bottom filters and both will interact (the guard must be selected first though). Many other small improvements are added too :wink:

/Zimoon

PS: the picture not tall but wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide :lol:

User avatar
Belisama
Intermediate Crafter
Posts: 248
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:06 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: SWGAide --- version 0.7.78

Post by Belisama » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:52 am

Zimoon wrote:[*]If this does not work I am stumped but will do my best to find the cause during the weekend.
Ok, first it worked. The mails of Belisama Lotham where shown by SWGAide.
BUT
After i started SWG and then started SWGAide again - Belisama Lotham disappeared and Belisama Tourista re-appeared... :/
I took that as proof that SWGAide is checking for that character-list...

Best
Bel
Image
Your domestic trader at Starsider TOG Mall: Tat WP -5101 -3308
You have resource for sale ? Check the TOG Holonet Channel for my offer
In Memoriam for all BE

User avatar
Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Re: SWGAide --- version 0.7.78

Post by Zimoon » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:53 am

Belisama wrote:
Zimoon wrote:[*]If this does not work I am stumped but will do my best to find the cause during the weekend.
Ok, first it worked. The mails of Belisama Lotham where shown by SWGAide.
BUT
After i started SWG and then started SWGAide again - Belisama Lotham disappeared and Belisama Tourista re-appeared... :/
I took that as proof that SWGAide is checking for that character-list...

Best
Bel
Thanks, then this seems 100% confirmed. I will spend this day reading code for the mail scanning :(
On the other hand it is good to get this tracked down now when SWG supports name-change and galaxy-transfer, so I have to say a big "thanks!".

/Zimoon

User avatar
Belisama
Intermediate Crafter
Posts: 248
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:06 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: SWGAide --- version 0.7.78

Post by Belisama » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:03 am

Zimoon wrote:]Thanks, then this seems 100% confirmed. I will spend this day reading code for the mail scanning :(
On the other hand it is good to get this tracked down now when SWG supports name-change and galaxy-transfer, so I have to say a big "thanks!".
:)
I think it's a good start that we found the exact reason for my problem. Without that it's difficult to correct it *innocent*

Best
Bel
Image
Your domestic trader at Starsider TOG Mall: Tat WP -5101 -3308
You have resource for sale ? Check the TOG Holonet Channel for my offer
In Memoriam for all BE

User avatar
Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Re: SWGAide --- version 0.7.78

Post by Zimoon » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:59 pm

Belisama wrote:
Zimoon wrote:]Thanks, then this seems 100% confirmed. I will spend this day reading code for the mail scanning :(
On the other hand it is good to get this tracked down now when SWG supports name-change and galaxy-transfer, so I have to say a big "thanks!".
:)
I think it's a good start that we found the exact reason for my problem. Without that it's difficult to correct it *innocent*
Thanks for your patience, I have found the problem, and yes, the character-list.txt was the culprit. SWG is bugged and writes the wrong name in that file. In all years I have provided SWGAide this is the first report like this one.

It is really, really sad if SWGAide cannot use these files because then new users really MUST do a /mailsave for each character they have, otherwise the won't see the characters at all in SWGAide. And I know a lot of players that do not even know about /mailsave.

Now when I have found the problem but I also realize that this is a severe step back for SWGAide because of a bug in SWG I would like to think it over. I would rather suggest a workaround for characters who are bugged in the way you have experienced it. Another solution could be that you file yet another ticket and asks them to correct the issue. Didn't you say that the character you must select at the login screen is still named Belisama Tourista? This is a bug in SWG, is it not, and I am pretty sure that if the correct that thing the character-list-TXT will correct itself. Try to file a ticket regarding this :mrgreen:

I must stress that this is not a bug in SWGAide, it really is a bug in SWG and its login mechanics. It is sad that SWGAide is so badly affected in your case.

So, I will think of a crude workaround to let SWGAide continue to use this character-list file. Perhaps it will be a blacklist file of some kind which rules out the Tourista ghost :|
Give me a few days to come up with the best solution.

However, now when we have concluded that it is the character-list file that is the villain then you should be able to abuse this knowledge. This file is only scanned once each time you start SWGAide. What if you simply erase the line with Belisama Tourista just before you launch SWGAide? I believe there are no folders for her now, neither in SWG\profiles\ or in SWGAide\mails\ isn't it so? And then if you each time you want to launch SWGAide erase that stupid line it should work, does it not? But, forget it once and ... 8)

/Zimoon

User avatar
Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Re: SWGAide --- version 0.7.78

Post by Zimoon » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:15 am

<snip>

User avatar
Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Re: SWGAide --- version 0.7.78

Post by Zimoon » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:36 pm

When I started coding I found another way to get around this bug in SWG, a workaround that is indeed more robust and sound. I have just finished coding it now and will review and run SWGAide first, but probably tomorrow or Wednesday it is available for download, then I want your feedback Beli :)

/Zimoon

User avatar
Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Re: SWGAide --- version 0.7.79

Post by Zimoon » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:29 pm

SWGAide version 0.7.79 is available.

From the history file:
  • Fixed a bug with resource guards that sometimes made an older resource trigger.
  • Adjusted initialization so that characters who are bugged in SWG do not block
    existing characters from being found and displayed in SWGAide.
  • Now at the Current Resources panel:
    • Details view, now inventory notes are displayed.
    • If a guard is selected, adding to inventory adds the guard's name as notes.
    • Adding to inventory always opens a dialog which allows for editing.
    • Added popup option to filter the inventory based on the selected resource.
    • Improved rendering, selected entry is retained, and more small-stuff.
This means that now SWGAide is able to pick up the existing characters and not the bugged ghost character that SWG wrongly puts in the file characterlist_<Account>.txt. As a side effect SWGAide will refuse to drop a character who has a mailbox somewhere within SWGAide's mail folder, or a mail-folder within SWG\profiles\accounts, or if it exists in the character-list file, in this particular order. Another side effect is that if SWGAide finds a mail-folder, or a mailbox, or a name in the character-list file which does not clash with an existing characters first name, this is considered a character and it is picked up and displayed.

For the future:
If SWG bugs a character in the way it happened for Belisama:
  • the old character exists with the old name in the login system and is wrongly added to the character-list file each login at that account
  • the new character exists in game and mail-save is done with the new name
  • the old character and the new character have identical first names
If this is the case, then move away, rename, or delete the old character's mail-folder from within SWG\profiles\<somewhere>... and from within <SWGAide>\mails\<somewhere>... If you fail to make away with both these folders SWGAide cannot use the workaround for SWG's bug. If you renamed the folders SWGAide will display a "character" with the new folder name.

The other updates are related to the resources panels, a bug fix for the issue Tharek reported, and several options and features which now are properly reinstated, and manu other improvements more or less easy to find ;)

Thanks for all your patience and all feedback, I appreciate it!!!

Enjoy
/Zimoon

User avatar
passionfly1
Apprentice Crafter
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:03 am

can't start 0.7.79 beta using scrubbed DAT file

Post by passionfly1 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:27 pm

After scrubbing the DAT file version 07.79 beta will not start as shown in the picture. If no DAT file from a previous version is used, SWGAide starts normally. With of course no data showing since its a new DAT file being created. I am runniing the latest Java version 17 that is available from http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

I can't get the new beta version even started so I have to kill the javaw.exe process in Task Manager to retry restarting but its the same cycle. The screenshot is provided of what I'm seeing.

Sorry about the bad picture quality. It seems the attachment file size is now a measily 256kb for attachments so I had to substantially reduce the quality and portions of the image in white to make the file small enough for uploading.

http://www.swgcraft.org/forums/download/file.php?id=300
Last edited by Zimoon on Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Replaced file with link

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests