Help With SWGAide please

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Help With SWGAide please

Post by Zimoon » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:51 am

BTW, you have set the file permission. But did you set SWG and SWGAide to execute in admin mode (exact phrase?)

dharh
Novice Crafter

Post by dharh » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:28 pm

Zimoon wrote:BTW, you have set the file permission. But did you set SWG and SWGAide to execute in admin mode (exact phrase?)
I havn't done anything with SWG itself executing in admin mode. I use the station launcher, which is set to admin mode (mostly so I don't get an error whenever there is a game update). SWGAide I believe is set to admin mode. You can't set the jar file itself to exec in admin mode since windows doesn't recognize it as an exec. I did set javaw.exe as always run in admin mode.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:41 pm

I quickly skimmed some threads at the official SOE site, searched for Vista, and from the few seconds I had it really did look like you have to set the SWG-executable to administrative privileges as well. Please somebody more knowledgeable than me, step in here :|

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:17 pm

dharh wrote:
Zimoon wrote:BTW, you have set the file permission. But did you set SWG and SWGAide to execute in admin mode (exact phrase?)
I havn't done anything with SWG itself executing in admin mode. I use the station launcher, which is set to admin mode (mostly so I don't get an error whenever there is a game update). SWGAide I believe is set to admin mode. You can't set the jar file itself to exec in admin mode since windows doesn't recognize it as an exec. I did set javaw.exe as always run in admin mode.
The best of the best from my guild read through all of this thread and made it clear that this post by Zanex http://www.swgcraft.org/forums/viewtopi ... 8850#p8850 nailed it. Please follow that post step by step and you will do just fine. My guild mate also says that once you start using Windows 7 these cumbersome Microsoft thingies will vanish into oblivion.

In short, this is a user setting in Windows Vista.

Please remember, there are hundreds of users out there and many of them run Vista without problems. If they had the problems you describe they wouldn't use SWGAide, isn't it so? However, I did see similar problems reported when Vista was brand new, bit it always worked with fiddling with the admin settings.

/Zimoon

Mangorian
Novice Crafter

Post by Mangorian » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:31 pm

Gwreng wrote:Doesn't see SWG Folders

Howdy,

I just installed SWGAide on Windows XP 64bit and SWG has installed to the Program Files (x86) folder and SWG can't see the folder structure. I was wondering if there is a way I can get around this?

Thanks,
Gwreng
Hi, I have this same issue with using Windows 7. I can lauch the program just fine, I just get a error that it cant find the folders. I have copied the SWGAide folder to my galaxies folder with no luck. Any help would be appreciated. I dont see this covered in the readme about Win 7 but maybe I just missed it or dont understand something. Is there a way to just tell SWG Aide where those folders are?

Thanks,
Mangorian

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:14 pm

The problem is not where SWGAide is located, if you look in the general log file there are probably dozens of messages about mails and stuff, right.

I use both XP and Windows 7 now but on the latter I had to do exactly what is read in the README file that comes in the ZIP file you downloaded. It boils down to that Microsoft treats Java with an upper hand and disallows Java applications normal freedom while they work; you need to manually allow a file in the Java installation to execute in admin mode.

If there is some other kind of issue for this I'd be happy to help, if so you must probably send me the two log filesby email.

Zimoon