New egg and milk collections

Got something to say that does not fit into any of the other forums? or just general chit chat, Post in here.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

kelsaka
Intermediate Crafter

New egg and milk collections

Post by kelsaka » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:05 pm

Just a little FYI as I didn't see it mentioned anywhere else, the 2 reward abilities you get for collecting Exceptional Eggs and Exceptional Milk take the same slot as Veghash when applied and overwrite each other.

Considering the duration and effect of the Exceptional Eggs one I really can't see myself using it, Exceptional Milk is nice, it cuts out the two 'You continue to milk the creature' messages but again has a very short duration (60 seconds) with the cool down being 2 mins. But as I do a fair bit of milking for one of the chef's on my server any time saved is a bonus :)
~ Kelsaka Rymi ~
SWG Cover Girl September 2008
TRF ~ Naboo ~ Infinity

Rommel
Intermediate Crafter

Re: New egg and milk collections

Post by Rommel » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:49 pm

Yeah the egg one isn't that useful.
The milk one on the other hand is great, if your good at milking you can almost clear a entire large (8 person group size) spawn by yourself.

I sometimes milk 3 or 4 at a time :P

I got really good at milking after 12 hours straight of it to get the server first on bloodfin.

kelsaka
Intermediate Crafter

Post by kelsaka » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:21 pm

Yeah, I love it when they stand together. I shall milk you, and you, and you :D

I forced myself to go to bed rather than spend all night milking, but then I already had my server first (Master Angler, it was very fitting) plus my accidental one (for the eggs, completely lost count of how many I'd added) and I wanted someone else to get the collector badge.

If only other players were so considerate, one player decided to pick up as many server firsts as she could get her hands on. The way I see it, all she has proved is her selfishness and lack of social life! /rant off
~ Kelsaka Rymi ~
TRF ~ Naboo ~ Infinity

TradeMaster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by TradeMaster » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:39 pm

I walked with rhythm for 6 hours last night. I attracted many worms, and got 10 pieces of meat for the prime cuts collection. Of course I'm slow and someone else has already finished these on Bria, but silly me didn't see any server firsts notated about any of the new harvesting collections. I'm just thinking a truffle pig might be kind of a nice toy to have.

Kirneh
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Kirneh » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:58 am

Is there some bug out with milking?
Yesterday my smuggler tried to milk some pets on Lok, got the usual messages, the confirmation that I got milk, but when I looked inside my inventory, no milk were there.
Any clue?
Burn the land, boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me!

Rommel
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Rommel » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:53 pm

An exceptional milk msg?

kelsaka
Intermediate Crafter

Post by kelsaka » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:42 pm

Kirneh wrote:Is there some bug out with milking?
Yesterday my smuggler tried to milk some pets on Lok, got the usual messages, the confirmation that I got milk, but when I looked inside my inventory, no milk were there.
Any clue?
I've had that a few times but a relog tended to fix it for me, I believed it was just a random lets-annoy-Kel bug (I seem to attract them) as I'd not heard of it happening to anyone else. Originally I thought it was because the spawn was shifting but that never ended up being the case.

Out of interest, and if a relog doesn't fix it, which type of creature were you trying to milk? I'll test Infinity's and see if its a critter bug.
~ Kelsaka Rymi ~
TRF ~ Naboo ~ Infinity

Kirneh
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Kirneh » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:37 pm

It seems that the "let's-annoy-him" bug also hit me. Meanwhile I can milk the critters again.
Burn the land, boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me!

TradeMaster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by TradeMaster » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:58 pm

Don't feel bad kel. I have a wonderful "you only get an entertainer buff 3 out of every ten tries, and you have to log out for at least ten minutes before giving it another try. Oh, and you've bugged the entertainer as well, good job jerkface" issue. The few times I've had a chance to group, people kept asking me why I'm not all buffed up. I always get that Jim Carey frustration face from "Liar Liar" answering that one.

Feralmonkey
Artisan Forum Moderator

Post by Feralmonkey » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:53 am

TradeMaster wrote:Don't feel bad kel. I have a wonderful "you only get an entertainer buff 3 out of every ten tries, and you have to log out for at least ten minutes before giving it another try. Oh, and you've bugged the entertainer as well, good job jerkface" issue. The few times I've had a chance to group, people kept asking me why I'm not all buffed up. I always get that Jim Carey frustration face from "Liar Liar" answering that one.
Trade, I've noticed a lot that if you are further then 5 meters away from the ent you can get that bug.
Ways to fix it:

1)If you notice it is bugged the ENT needs to hit the clear and then cancel button and you can get rebuffed immediately.
2) travel somewhere via shuttle. Its quicker then logging for 10 minutes, and I've never not had it work. If you are at a camp ITV out and shuttle back in, if in a city use your ship to travel to another planet and come back, takes 2 minutes, tops.
Kerrimumykamm Former Master Jedi Ahazi
Feralmonkey Former Master Domestics Ahazi

Feralmonkey play tester of Basilisk on the EMU
Feralmonkey Master Rifles but doing the Hologrind on Exile of the EMU

I helped uncover the Stormtubber plot with Eevaa

TradeMaster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by TradeMaster » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:01 pm

Now I need an ITV? dangit! I should get my act in gear and get to playing some again, maybe try to complete a collection or two.

Volntyr
Novice Crafter

Post by Volntyr » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:06 pm

TradeMaster wrote:I walked with rhythm for 6 hours last night. I attracted many worms, and got 10 pieces of meat for the prime cuts collection. Of course I'm slow and someone else has already finished these on Bria, but silly me didn't see any server firsts notated about any of the new harvesting collections. I'm just thinking a truffle pig might be kind of a nice toy to have.
Wow, I actually got the "walked with Rhythm" referrence...hehe. As far as I have heard, a Truffle pig is a really nice toy to have.

daegon_bria
Novice Crafter

Post by daegon_bria » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:07 pm

TradeMaster wrote:Now I need an ITV? dangit! I should get my act in gear and get to playing some again, maybe try to complete a collection or two.
Hehe, there is an ITV collection... just look for crates of junk in your local starports!