Curious about something..

Got something to say that does not fit into any of the other forums? or just general chit chat, Post in here.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

orad
Novice Crafter

Curious about something..

Post by orad » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:17 am

With SWG shutting down in a couple months I was wondering what your plans for this site were.

The reason I ask is the fact that the emulator is nearing completion from what I understand. I have played it over the weekend some and it is really alot of fun. I would love to see a site like this for the emu because I am just starting to dive into the resources on that server and it is tough to know what to go after at all.

Another thing about Liberator (the Emu server I am playing on atm) is that it is as busy as Starsider.. actually it is far busier than Starsider.. it probably has the population of all of SWG on the one server..

So I am not sure how you guys would feel about moving this over there.. or even if that is a topic that will get you mad at me for bringing up.. but I figure with SWG in the state it is in that this wouldn't be a total bad thing if you would consider making the switch when the time comes.

Either way.. it has been an honor playing with all you guys over the years.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Re: Curious about something..

Post by Savacc » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:43 am

It has not yet been decided what will become of this site after SWG shuts down. Ultimately, it is Slyvampy's decision. He owns the domain name, the machine the server is on and it uses the electricity at his house. The initial reaction of Sobuno and Zimoon, the two people must active in keeping this site going, was that they did not want to continue their involvement once SWG shuts down. Compared to those three, I am probably the next in line, but my contributions are far smaller. If someone else wants to step up and keep this site going, I would be willing to continue to help out as a moderator, but I dont have the programing skills to run the site myself.

The site would need a lot of remodeling to be useful to an EMU player. Everything we have is for the current NGE game. Everyone keeps asking about resource reporting for the EMUs. I can kind of understand, because resource reporting is our number one function for SWG, but, we dont report resources now for the EMUs. The people playing the EMUs must be getting their resource info from someone else already.

Slyvampy
Lead Developer

Post by Slyvampy » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:27 pm

Savacc wrote: and it uses the electricity at his house.
Just to clear this up, the server is not in my house, its in a Datacenter in London :P and yes Iv'e paid for it for the last few years :D
- Serious note, the dev team has not decided what to do as of yet... though it will come up in the next meeting :P
Slyvampy
Founder, SWGCraft.org
http://www.swgcraft.org

HydroTek
Intermediate Crafter

Post by HydroTek » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:15 pm

Which ever direction the Dev's here at SwgCraft take ..I just want you to know it is an honor to be a part of this endeavor. This site has helped countless crafters become better at their chosen profession.

Resource reporting, answering a few questions in the forums, and pointing crafters to this site have been all I am qualified to do ..it has been a while since I have tried the EMU, but I can definitely see the advantage that this site (or one built like this) would give to EMU crafters.
If it's stuck :x ...force it ...if it breaks, :shock: you needed a new one anyway :)
Characters(Legends): HydroTek, Ditty, and Talo ..give a shout if you see me in game

orad
Novice Crafter

Post by orad » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:49 am

http://galaxyharvester.net/ghHome.py?

There is this site for Liberator.. but you guys have a far better system in my opinion.. maybe it is just because I am more used to it.

Anyway.. thanks for the replies guys.. I really am going to miss SWG.. I really hope the emulators can stay online and get our old game back for us.