SWG box set or/and hardcopy of SWG guides after Dec 15

Got something to say that does not fit into any of the other forums? or just general chit chat, Post in here.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Gawo
Novice Crafter

SWG box set or/and hardcopy of SWG guides after Dec 15

Post by Gawo » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:40 pm

I'm thinking of loaning my SWG box set, all my notes, guids and books for swg to Smithsonian in DC.Like my master list/commands for showing what SWG is like or help me in MMO job some where after college. This way someone in future may enjoy reading SWG guid as resouces for reseach on history of MMORPG or idea for /commands going back to CE to NGE of SWG.

I remember few years ago hear a some company loss acess to records due fact they had them old rescord from kate '80 to early '90 from not keep a old 8'' in. floppy drive on Mini-computer long enught to copy records to newer formate on new computer system. Now they pay good money to get access to record on the 8'' in floppies. I hear about this on NPR Market Place on way from work.

My SWG stuff may be better off in Smithsonian then gone for good in trash.

Sobuno
Developer

Re: SWG box set or/and hardcopy of SWG guides after Dec 15

Post by Sobuno » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:14 am

Moved topic to General SWG Discussion.

Your post reminded me of the missing tapes from Apollo 11: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_11_missing_tapes

Gawo
Novice Crafter

Re: SWG box set or/and hardcopy of SWG guides after Dec 15

Post by Gawo » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:32 pm

Ty Sobuno for help and info on lost tapes from Apollo 11. I remember hear about it may on History ch.

Did hear about lost tapes with BBC's Dr'Who with staring Tom Barker and other DR'Whos taps?