Artificial Lure

Got something to say that does not fit into any of the other forums? or just general chit chat, Post in here.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Artificial Lure

Post by Zimoon » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:12 am

Oar wrote:
Zimoon wrote:I have not checked
Check, your wasting everyone's time.
Not really, and certainly not on this one as it is highly unclear what I/you/others do not understand.

... ONE HUNDRED PERCENT. Game changing? YES. No halo fish were caught on Chum. Trend? Likely. Good for game? Hell no.
This statement is in fact void and worth nothing. Why? Because the numbers say nothing about the synthetic lure being better than grub; assume all power-fishermen use the lure then there is no input from grub in these numbers. To know anything for sure you must know exactly how many fishermen use grub versus how many that use the lure, then you can extrapolate to find a more correct number, it would almost perfect if a high input and about 50% from either kind of lure vs grub.

On "good for game" ... true, I have to pass.
But, on the other hand, now you have changed subject and are discussing something else. At first it was a 100% rant on how bad its schematics was done, something that none here said neither against nor for, except that I quoted others saying its schematic being badly worded. You'd better stay on topic and don't try to wrench the subject your own way!

Senator doing something? Nope.
What do you know about that? Even if they protested all day long, which you cannot know nothing about, the devs most often are on to their next project. Even if they screamed, yelled, posted in CAPITAL LETTERS ALL DAY LONG, etc., there is nothing that enforces the devs to listen. And you cannot know anything about all of this unless you are a senator yourself to have access to "hidden" forum areas. They do not have phone numbers to the devs. They are not treated any favors by SOE. They are not this and not that other than in your wildest dreams. How do I know? Read my posts again, maybe a few times each.

This is what triggered me ... you bashed at, blamed, cursed (though covered in cotton), put bounties on fellow players who have nothing to do with your "lure-agony". Senators are IMHO peers with me and all others sensible players of the community, I hold some in high esteem because I know them or because I have learned how nice they are over the years in this community; but indeed, some are great and some are less ... nice. Now you happened to aim at the Senator Onyx who over several years have done more for all professions in SWG than most players have done ever, in any game. And she has always treated morons with a gentle smile, helped n00bs to find their way to the guides, and she has promptly addressed errors and bugs bringing the bad news to the devs. Your flame war just reveals your own faults and shortcomings and I have yet to see you being man enough to say "I am sorry, I made a mistake fully on my own and will from now on learn my lesson before blaming others".

NOTICE: I reacted and posted only because you wrongly blamed another human being.

In fact it has nothing to with them being Senator or not, I would have challenged you anyway, I hate seeing innocent people being blamed for something they did not do.

Good for the game? Ribbit-ribbit, ask Ms. Piggy.

Oar
I don't know what idioms you have in your neighborhood but over here we say about somebody that speaks out to much crap per second that "frogs are hopping out of his mouth" 8)

Now I am looking forward to hear an apology.

May I ask, are you knowingly challenging our patience with you, hoping that we might snap and ban you or something? Don't do that! Even if we in the end might have to, what good does that do? Nothing, right? We won't find any joy in it! Please read my paragraph somewhere above once again, the once about wasting/spending energy and enjoy life.

Oar
Novice Crafter

Post by Oar » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:43 pm

delete this
Last edited by Oar on Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harpua
Novice Crafter

Post by Harpua » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:59 pm

Don't feed the troll(s).

For my money, Onyx does a better job than most Senators. But on the whole, it has to be one of the most thankless jobs in the known universe. Caught between a clumsy Dev team and a bitter, bitchy fan base, it's a wonder anyone volunteers for the job. It's pretty obvious their influence is very weak.

And as someone who has a cook, I'd rather the Domestic senator put their energy into something important like a revamp of the entire Chef menu. This lure is only important to the vanity of the 10 people or so who fish on every server. Not worth spending a great deal of effort on.

Oar
Novice Crafter

Post by Oar » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:14 pm

delete this
Last edited by Oar on Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:57 pm

I do not understand what you have against the moderators of the site, Oar. They are regular players, who just also happen to moderate the forum according to the rules set out here. Do you feel alone because the most active users are moderators? That's quite often the case on forums, because people who apply to be moderators are often the most active on the forum and thus believe they can improve the quality of the forum by becoming a moderator.

The moderators enforce the rule set found here: http://www.swgcraft.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6. They DO NOT have unlimited power and rest assured that any moderator who is found to be abusing his or her power will be dealt with accordingly. There are logs of any change to users or posts done by moderators (Or the users themselves for that sake), and looking through these logs, I see no wrong-doing.

That said, to quote the rule set:
If you have a problem with a moderators decision then please contact Slyvampy [or Sobuno], rather than airing your grievances in public.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:25 pm

I take your mass-deletions and an act of repentance, asking an apology by action ... and I believe affected people accept your gesture.

Later readers will be confused of course, but possibly do 2 + 2 and assume something ;)

Have a great time in game, with or without lures, but I will stay away from fishing until it is no longer possible to bot it (it is now a lot harder but not at all impossible ... and THAT is worse than any kind of schematics you or others despise).

Regards
Zimoon

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:23 pm

Harpua wrote:Don't feed the troll(s).

For my money, Onyx does a better job than most Senators. But on the whole, it has to be one of the most thankless jobs in the known universe. Caught between a clumsy Dev team and a bitter, bitchy fan base, it's a wonder anyone volunteers for the job. It's pretty obvious their influence is very weak.

And as someone who has a cook, I'd rather the Domestic senator put their energy into something important like a revamp of the entire Chef menu. This lure is only important to the vanity of the 10 people or so who fish on every server. Not worth spending a great deal of effort on.
Ok I really didn't want to get involved as I am enjoying a nice SWG vacation but I will make an exception primarily because I am not fond of the Senate and I am even less fond of the cult of personality groups that run around defending them.

1) I believe and I suspect a large proportion of the game suspect the Senate is little more than an old boys network that is only representative of the faction ruling the game forums, I am a firm believer that term limits should be placed on the senate if for no other reason than to break up these cults.

2) The Senates influence is weak because it is a meaningless role filled only by those SOE know will not "rock the boat" as the old saying goes "A committee is a cul-de-sac down which ideas are lured and then quietly strangled. ~Barnett Cocks" just replace committee with senate.

3) I would argue that the last thing this game needs is more pointless items to make what it needs is a revamp of the games systems to make what we already have useful in some way, I am a Structures Trader and I cringe when I see our Senator run for re-election on the platform of getting us another house schematic when we already have hundreds of structures that are pointless.

4) While the lure may not be attached to a game task that is popular (or even interesting) the fact is that the lure was added to the game and if we had a dev team worth the name it would be fixed and functional but as usual something gets added that is buggy, there are 4-5 hot fixes that ultimately make it worse and then it is forgotten so they can move on to the next addition.

Mibeo
Novice Crafter

Post by Mibeo » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:58 pm

Is it maybe, possibly time to lock this thread.

Onyx
Chef Forum Moderator

Post by Onyx » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:18 am

Monty Burns wrote:
Harpua wrote:Don't feed the troll(s).
4) While the lure may not be attached to a game task that is popular (or even interesting) the fact is that the lure was added to the game and if we had a dev team worth the name it would be fixed and functional but as usual something gets added that is buggy, there are 4-5 hot fixes that ultimately make it worse and then it is forgotten so they can move on to the next addition.
There are indeed those of us who do find fishing a fun activity (it's days like this that I miss Grumpy and his stories the most).

That said, what exactly about it do you see as needing fixed and what about it isn't functional?
Onyx, Chef Forum Moderator

Whitley's Fine Food & Drinks
Open for business since June 2004 -- Twilight's End, Naboo (-3036, 5300), Kettemoor

Official Domestic Goods Senator