SWG times out, forums down.

Got something to say that does not fit into any of the other forums? or just general chit chat, Post in here.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Treadstone
Novice Crafter

Re: SWG times out, forums down.

Post by Treadstone » Mon May 09, 2011 4:15 pm

Yes it appears we're in for a lengthy downtime. I wish they would just come out and say it instead of these daily 'not today' teasers.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon May 09, 2011 4:21 pm

The interesting part for us:
While the PS3 versions of both Free Realms and DC Universe Online fall under the PSN umbrella, no word has been forthcoming as to a restart date for the rest of SOE's MMO stable which includes the PC versions of the aforementioned titles as well as EverQuest and EverQuest II.

Azural
Novice Crafter

Post by Azural » Mon May 09, 2011 6:13 pm

While the PS3 versions of both Free Realms and DC Universe Online fall under the PSN umbrella, no word has been forthcoming as to a restart date for the rest of SOE's MMO stable which includes the PC versions of the aforementioned titles as well as EverQuest and EverQuest II.
Sure leads me to believe the older game titles will be the last in line for restoration. :/

This all might be a blessing in disguise for me as I have gotten a lot of yard work done this week. :)
Azural Industries :AI: Mos Carova, Tatooine. Starsider

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon May 09, 2011 6:14 pm

But for sure ... THIS forum is not down ... on the contrary :)

Azural
Novice Crafter

Post by Azural » Mon May 09, 2011 7:16 pm

Should they catch the individual or group responsible, what types of criminal penalties will be involved?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon May 09, 2011 7:37 pm

Azural wrote:Should they catch the individual or group responsible, what types of criminal penalties will be involved?
I suggest 15 years straight playing WoW 6 hours a day ... that would teach them :roll:

Azural
Novice Crafter

Post by Azural » Mon May 09, 2011 8:02 pm

PCMAG.com wrote:Analysts have predicted that the hack could cost Sony as much as $1 billion in damages.

Harpua
Novice Crafter

Post by Harpua » Mon May 09, 2011 9:00 pm

Azural wrote:Should they catch the individual or group responsible, what types of criminal penalties will be involved?
Cutting off their fingers with a rusty Rykk blade would be appropriate.

My monthly sub doesn't come up for another week. Has anyone been charged for a new month or have they suspended that?

Treadstone
Novice Crafter

Post by Treadstone » Tue May 10, 2011 12:27 am

Conveniently their billing system seems to be working just fine. I've been billed during the downtime.

Also starting to get tired of the daily lead-on on their facebook page, which seems to be the only source of information specific to SOE.

SOE
SOE services will remain offline today. We continue to work diligently to bring things back as quickly as possible and appreciate your continued patience.

SOE
We wanted to let you know that our games will not be up this weekend. We are working around the clock to get our services back up and running soon. Thank you for your continued patience and support.

Friday at 8:13pm

SOE
Regrettably SOE services are still offline and will remain so the rest of the day. We are working as quickly as possible to resolve this issue and appreciate your patience.

Friday at 6:01pm

SOE
Unfortunately, we are unable to bring SOE services back online today. We regret the downtime.

May 5 at 7:02pm

SOE
We regret that we were unable to bring services back online today, and continue to work hard on the issue!

May 4 at 11:54pm

Anyone else see a pattern? LOL

Vedauwoo
Novice Crafter

Post by Vedauwoo » Tue May 10, 2011 12:59 am

Treadstone wrote:Conveniently their billing system seems to be working just fine. I've been billed during the downtime.

Also starting to get tired of the daily lead-on on their facebook page, which seems to be the only source of information specific to SOE.

SOE
SOE services will remain offline today. We continue to work diligently to bring things back as quickly as possible and appreciate your continued patience.

SOE
We wanted to let you know that our games will not be up this weekend. We are working around the clock to get our services back up and running soon. Thank you for your continued patience and support.

Friday at 8:13pm

SOE
Regrettably SOE services are still offline and will remain so the rest of the day. We are working as quickly as possible to resolve this issue and appreciate your patience.

Friday at 6:01pm

SOE
Unfortunately, we are unable to bring SOE services back online today. We regret the downtime.

May 5 at 7:02pm

SOE
We regret that we were unable to bring services back online today, and continue to work hard on the issue!

May 4 at 11:54pm

Anyone else see a pattern? LOL
The "Blanket" statement that has been issued is something to the effect of services being up by the end of May......

While some have viewed this as May 31st.....I am inclined to think it will be before.....

There is also talk that hardware upgrades may be taking place as well during the downtime....which...in the end....will be good for us....I mean, when is the last time they had everything fully down for a week? ....must be an awesome opportunity to get in there and tweak some long standing issues....

Treadstone
Novice Crafter

Post by Treadstone » Tue May 10, 2011 1:29 am

There actually is a specific reference to May 31st in a Bloomberg report from a Sony exec but that has since been retracted. It was also specific to PSN. The downtime isn't my problem. If it's going to be two more weeks, fine, but don't post misleading teasers implying it could be tomorrow everyday until then. I'm all for improvements and am hopeful they're actually doing that during this process. I knew it was going to be a significant amount of time when the 'free 30 days' was announced. Point is, they did too. I'm simply saying they could be handling the P.R. portion of this in a much better fashion.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue May 10, 2011 8:57 pm

Yet another
SOE @ Facebook wrote:We thank everyone for their continued patience as work continues on SOE services. They will not be up today, May 10th, but we are working as quickly as possible to resolve this.

HydroTek
Intermediate Crafter

Post by HydroTek » Wed May 11, 2011 12:03 am

I would rather SOE posted a date like the end of May, and brought the game online before that date ...instead of saying it would be on a certain near date, and not being able to restore the servers at that time. Which method do you think players would agro more about? I read the FB posts and am disappointed in the player base, with so many negative comments and demands for "stuff" (rewards)
If it's stuck :x ...force it ...if it breaks, :shock: you needed a new one anyway :)
Characters(Legends): HydroTek, Ditty, and Talo ..give a shout if you see me in game

Treadstone
Novice Crafter

Post by Treadstone » Wed May 11, 2011 2:04 am

I agree. I'm not exactly thrilled with the FB posts either although at this point I can understand the frustration.

Azural
Novice Crafter

Post by Azural » Wed May 11, 2011 4:01 pm

In light of the outage what game/games is everyone playing? I tried to play some Diablo 2 but got bored with it again in about 30 minutes...

*goes back out and does more yardwork*