30k crate and creature resources

Got something to say that does not fit into any of the other forums? or just general chit chat, Post in here.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Harpua
Novice Crafter

30k crate and creature resources

Post by Harpua » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:19 pm

2 questions about this. I've noticed when updating the resource list that creature resources are listed. Are these all the most recent resources? Sure would be nice to check this rather than have to kill every critter in the galaxy.

Also I noticed it has an extensive list for Horn. AFAIK, nothing drops this. Do they really update it for every planet even though it never drops?

Sobuno
Developer

Re: 30k crate and creature resources

Post by Sobuno » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:23 pm

According to our database, Kashyykian Horn can still be harvested some way or another. The rest cannot be harvested and has to be obtained through the 30k crate. There is no reason to do that though as no schematic requires the use of Horn.

And yes, unharvestable resources continue to be updated, just like the rest of the resources. There are even resources that have never been harvestable and that cannot be gotten through the 30k kits (Thus making them unobtainable in every way) that I presume are still updated (I think they could briefly be seen in the 30k kit once, someone else might know better though). It is all automaticly generated though, so there is no work involved in updating them (In fact, it may be more work to change it; the current developers have probably only taken a cursory glance at the resource system, which was developed by the original developers back in beta, i.e. in 2003 or before).

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:25 pm

And as for your first question: The latest resource is typically at the bottom of the list, though once in a while it appears at the top of the list. Someone else can probably give you a more fullfilling answer, my knowledge is only from reading threads at this forum.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:22 pm

The first time I heard of "Horn" as a resource was when I found it as loot from a "lootbox". This was even before the 30k deeds were in the game.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:03 pm

Savacc wrote:The first time I heard of "Horn" as a resource was when I found it as loot from a "lootbox". This was even before the 30k deeds were in the game.
Same here, pre-NGE any kind of creature resource occasionally was looted from these now empty boxes, also off of Dantari tribes.