Few questions i have (New)

Got something to say that does not fit into any of the other forums? or just general chit chat, Post in here.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

liljjgliss
Novice Crafter

Few questions i have (New)

Post by liljjgliss » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:39 pm

I recently played SWG's trial about a year ago as a DE and i loved it! It was fun learning all that stuff and the community was fun to play with. I was wondering if i should come back but before i do i have a few questions..

1. Is there any hope that SWG will survive with SWTOR MMO coming out?

2. Is there any market left for DE on any servers?

3. Best server to play on?

4. Also whats the monthly fee to play SWG?

5. Is the game dead?

Thanks for all your help in advance. If i have anymore questions ill be sure to ask :)
Last edited by liljjgliss on Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Re: Few questions i have (New)

Post by Savacc » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:05 pm

The game is not dead or dieing. It will survive a SWTOR MMO release because the games will be vastly different. While SWG was never the largest MMO, it has always been one of the larger and very profitable for SOE/LA. The end of this game is not coming anytime soon.

Somewhere down the road, expect SWG to become "Free to Play". F2P is the direction MMOs are going.

liljjgliss
Novice Crafter

Post by liljjgliss » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:17 pm

Ok, so the game is not dieing! Awesome! Can anyone else answer the other questions?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:45 pm

liljjgliss wrote:I recently played SWG's trial about a year ago as a DE and i loved it! It was fun learning all that stuff and the community was fun to play with. I was wondering if i should come back but before i do i have a few questions..

1. Is there any hope that SWG will survive with SWTOR MMO coming out?
what savacc said + SOE has never shut down any online game yet, shrunk/merged servers yes, stopped further developing yes, but not killed a game.

2. Is there any market left for DE on any servers?
hard to say and sales go in waves IMHO plus it is so very much up to yourself and how you play the market. the only drawback with droids as such is they last forever. but sense the vibes and have the flavor-of-the-month up for sale and you do decently. add RE to the mix and make sure you are searchable when online and you will do great. or respec to another trader a month or two to test that out :)

3. Best server to play on?
depends on yourself, the more population the worse server-lag, and while you potentially have more buyers you also have way worse competition, and some traders have been there since beta so they are well-known and have everything in stock that you do not. low pop galaxies is possibly as close to a sleeping pill you can get these days and I wouldn't be surprised by yet another server merge. so, medium pop server closest to where you live --> lowest ping and less internet-lag.

4. Also whats the monthly fee to play SWG?
something $14/m and less the longer period you subscribe. a "station-pass" is about $16/m and gives access to several more SOE games, but no more hours/d.
Find the beginners guide in the general crafting forum, a crafting utility/aide in my signature, and big laughs all over this place :lol:

Zimoon

liljjgliss
Novice Crafter

Post by liljjgliss » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:55 pm

Thankyou so much for your help and info. Zimoon. Highly appreciated.

Also ive looked at the guide and was wondering is there a step-by-step guide of what i should do first?
Just much easier to understand.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:43 am

SWG has always been a "sandbox game", you just jump in and start playing. Z describes the few things you can do to start in his guide. After that you are on your own. This game is much easier if you have, or make, friends to help you along the way.