Crafting attachements.

Got something to say that does not fit into any of the other forums? or just general chit chat, Post in here.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

papiengineer
Novice Crafter

Crafting attachements.

Post by papiengineer » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:15 pm

Greetings. About a month ago, I bought 3 attachements to craft engines. They were working just fine, I had 18 points of experimentation on engines.
But about an hour ago, I bought 3 attachements to craft shields. The attachements have the same stats. When I tried it out, I only had 13 points of experimentation. Why?
Thanks,
Goops, Starsider.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Re: Crafting attachements.

Post by Savacc » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:37 am

Because that is the way it is supposed to happen. :D

13 points is the norm, just about everything gets a max of 13 with a suit. Architect and Chef items can get 14 points when crafting in a Diner. Then there are the three Shipwright skills that get 18: Boosters, Engines and Weapons. I explain it all in more detail in this thread on Advanced Crafting Tips.

papiengineer
Novice Crafter

Post by papiengineer » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:34 am

Thanks alot Savacc. I thought that I bought an attachement for something else like... personal shield generators or whatever :) .

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:49 pm

You're Welcome,
Any SEAs placed in a Crafting Suit are only going to give you a max of +2 to experimentation points. If Engines and Shields are the only two sets you have, you should notice that for Armor/Chassis, DI/Capacitors and Reactors you are getting 11 points, while for Boosters and Weapons you are getting 16.