Droid Engineer in group.

Got something to say that does not fit into any of the other forums? or just general chit chat, Post in here.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

theburton
Novice Crafter

Droid Engineer in group.

Post by theburton » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:59 am

So... Is there any place for a droid engineer in hunting group? I can make a decent low level combat droid (depending on resources). Im only 56 at the moment.

-B-Tron
Starsider

AtiInc
Apprentice Crafter

Re: Droid Engineer in group.

Post by AtiInc » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:57 am

It depends what you want to hunt... but typically traders dont get into hunting groups as we're very very weak.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:28 pm

I want to state my objections here.

But first a big welcome to the newcomer, warmly welcome :D

A level 90 Trader, any kind, with a good armor plus entertainer and medic buffs has no trouble whatsoever in a hunting group that knows the ropes. In fact, you do not have to make one single point of damage, as long as you are in the group your harvesting droid will trundle around and harvest whatever carcass he finds. Just stay decently close to the group's Medic but out reach for area attacks. Some creatures have a little further area, but you should do fine as long as you have a good Medic.

Perhaps the hardest creatures at Dath make for troubles, but honestly I doubt that.

Even if you do not need to shoot a single shot I still recommend that you bring your Traders best friend a shot here and there helps the group, but do not fire at a creature solo, then you takes its aggro :twisted:

Have fun

/Zimoon

PS: I often have one of my Traders on follow on my combatant if I am out solo-hunting, and then I group the droids too to increase spawn size. But then I stay away from creatures that are known for area attacks as it blows my droids up.

PPS: Now I notice you are level 56, hmm, I would be careful but in a reeeeally good group it would work, just do not engage in combat when your health is not 100 %. That means, go away at times if your Medic cannot keep up with you. You probably need a friendly guild for this though :)

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:23 pm

Well those are good points, Z. What kind of armor and weapons are you using when you're hunting?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:20 am

wrackspurt wrote:Well those are good points, Z. What kind of armor and weapons are you using when you're hunting?
I need to go have a look :lol:
Zimoon is a Jedi and when a trader is on follow I don't bother with what weapon s/he has as Zimoon is the hunter. They harvest that carcasses anyway. I seldom, if ever, go solo hunt with a trader, in the end of the day the combat classes deal a lot more damage cutting down time so why should I? The original question is if a trader can join a hunting group and I'd say yes, but at low level being cautious is a must.
/Z