AFK Mining Macro

Got something to say that does not fit into any of the other forums? or just general chit chat, Post in here.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Chewingum
Novice Crafter

AFK Mining Macro

Post by Chewingum » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:58 am

I copied a macro that was posted online for my afk sampling macro as follows:

The macro works perfectly and I just let my guy sit at a good spot on Mustafar overnight.

However, is there a way to modify it so it selects the 2nd option in the list when it pops instead of the default?

When I was at the keyboard tonight I clicked on the 2nd option (the 'try to recover the resource' option that costs 2000 action), and the result was I recovered almost 100 units on the next sampling (way better than the 20 I average each sampling).

So is there a way to modify this macro so it selects the 2nd option?

Also an interesting side effect of this current macro - it accepts group invites lol. I checked on my miner earlier to find he accepted a grind group invite lol.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: AFK Mining Macro

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:59 am

Let me humbly suggests one thing: replace the "emote yawn" with "mode none". There is nothing more irritating when you are playing ATK and a guy next to you have an AFK-emote spawning all the time, and at 15 seconds I am close to /report you quickly 8)

Or run another macro with a way longer pause, you can run as many as you want to, such as this
/snore;
/pause 600;
/macro snore;

To answer the question:
Once you have clicked another button it is the default until you yet again click another button. Sometimes this is not what you want so must watch out for surprises. And then the question is if 80 units over normal is worth the hassle. No veteran crafter I know of use this approach.

However, get yourself a droid with level 60 sampling bonus and a batch of batteries. At the official forums Senator Onyx posted her macro which includes charging the droid every now and then. That would give a better boost than trying o get the extra few units.

Finally, in your options, disable auto-accept group invites and duels :lol:
There are perhaps a few more as well.

/Zimoon

Chewingum
Novice Crafter

Post by Chewingum » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:18 pm

Alright, I fixed the macro to use 'mood none' instead of yawning. But yawning's gotta be better than farting, there's a guy I've seen on mustafar a few times that has a very creative farting macro running lol.

If I get the droid, do I just have to have it out to get the harvest bonus? How much of a bonus does it provide?

Edit: Do you have a link for the droid posting? I can't seem to find it.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:43 pm

Chewingum wrote:Alright, I fixed the macro to use 'mood none' instead of yawning. But yawning's gotta be better than farting, there's a guy I've seen on mustafar a few times that has a very creative farting macro running lol.

If I get the droid, do I just have to have it out to get the harvest bonus? How much of a bonus does it provide?

Edit: Do you have a link for the droid posting? I can't seem to find it.
Up to 60% bonus, depends on the the resources tje DE has that crafted the droid. Such a droid has no other features than the sampling bonus as that takes all the socket slots. Search at the DE forum, I am still at work so...

Yeah, and is not farting at Mustafar a somewhat dangerous habit?
I should at least not eat to much beans that week.

My note is more like a friendly advice, spamming chat is not considered good practice and if you are reported and unlucky with the GM that look into the issue it may be considered 'disturbing the game-play'. The same is true for sell/buy/guild/city-spamming at star-ports, if unlucky you get in trouble, if lucky perhaps just logged out. Personally I use /addignore on these guys and they will never ever get in touch with me after that, their loss I hope.

/Zimoon

Chewingum
Novice Crafter

Post by Chewingum » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:27 pm

Alrighty, what level do I need to be to use that level of a droid? I'm currently only 42, can I even use a level 60 droid?

Thanks for the info, I'll poke around the Engineer forums. I couldn't find it earlier, but I was looking in the Structures Trader forums (duh, I'm an idiot lol).

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:01 pm

Ooh, do not confuse combat level requirements with what installed non-combat modules presents you with. The droid we are talking about will not be able to kill the smallest mosquito but it will be a blast at aiding your hand to reap the sample the more resources :)

Several other non-combat droid modules have high numbers, such as creature harvest <= 120, data storage <= 150, etc.

/Zimoon

Oceans
Novice Crafter

Post by Oceans » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:29 pm

Ya, it is funny to see players squatting, standing up, whistle, sing, etc... when I have my hand sample macro running and I am able to stay in one spot all night long, go to bed and dream, wake up, and still be in the same spot the next morning, and they are still singing, whistling, etc... and I haven't spacial chatted once all night long.

osuper11
Novice Crafter

Post by osuper11 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:35 pm

I also use ctrl+shift+s, which keeps me in the same spot instead of slowly moving away from the concentrated waypoint and possibly into the lava.

gosh
Novice Crafter

Post by gosh » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:07 am

Zimoon wrote:At the official forums Senator Onyx posted her macro which includes charging the droid every now and then.
Hey Zi, could I get a link or a repost of this? I recently came back to SWG, only to find I lost all my macros, and trying to set them back up and I'd love to see how she gets a droid recharge in a macro (last I played it was not possible).

I've spent the last hour searching the SWG forums for this magical post, and couldn't come up with anything. Not even going through Onyx's posts page by page, and using google to search for me =(.

Thanks!
Dimon Exi Master SW/GE Gosh Krux Master Mando
Phlimey Ogatoo Master Chef/Tailor Samirah Lightmist Noob Medic
Fanntom Monstar Master Munitions Niivah Notion Master Entertainer
Rawrgle Flakes Master DE Krushim Noob BH/BM

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:14 am

This one is about sampling with pets: http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/post ... 2#12234387

This one is not Onyx but describes how to charge a droid with the help of a charger-droid: http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/post ... 3#12166386
ugly but works.

This one is not Onyx but a charging macro, I have not tested this: http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/post ... 4#11830246

I probably remembered it wrong, sorry about that.

/Zimoon

gosh
Novice Crafter

Post by gosh » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:23 pm

No worries, just means I can actually search after all lol.

For the record, trying to use a droid battery from the action bar does not work (the method in your third link), which is why I was all ZOMG about finding a post that had an alternative way to do it. Honestly tho, my sample droids battery seems to keep for about 8 hours, so I don't really need to get a charge in, it would of jsut been a nice bonus.

Thanks for looking for me!
Dimon Exi Master SW/GE Gosh Krux Master Mando
Phlimey Ogatoo Master Chef/Tailor Samirah Lightmist Noob Medic
Fanntom Monstar Master Munitions Niivah Notion Master Entertainer
Rawrgle Flakes Master DE Krushim Noob BH/BM

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:45 pm

gosh wrote:No worries, just means I can actually search after all lol.

For the record, trying to use a droid battery from the action bar does not work (the method in your third link), which is why I was all ZOMG about finding a post that had an alternative way to do it. Honestly tho, my sample droids battery seems to keep for about 8 hours, so I don't really need to get a charge in, it would of jsut been a nice bonus.

Thanks for looking for me!
Yeah, I have been trying to get my battery to charge as well but not trying hard enough I thought :(
/Z