Belisama maybe looking for a new home

Got something to say that does not fit into any of the other forums? or just general chit chat, Post in here.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Re: Belisama maybe looking for a new home

Post by Belisama » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:49 am

Monty Burns wrote:
Belisama wrote:I think it's the first step for closing or merging them...
To be honest that would be my guess as well. ... It seems to me that they are still trying to be all things to all people and have not yet set themselves to do what is needed.
That's why i am looking for a new home...
Your domestic trader at Starsider TOG Mall: Tat WP -5101 -3308
You have resource for sale ? Check the TOG Holonet Channel for my offer
In Memoriam for all BE

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:56 am

Belisama wrote:
Monty Burns wrote:
Belisama wrote:I think it's the first step for closing or merging them...
To be honest that would be my guess as well. ... It seems to me that they are still trying to be all things to all people and have not yet set themselves to do what is needed.
That's why i am looking for a new home...
I can understand that but it is still a rather mickey mouse way of doing things.

Personally I think they need to tell us their overall plan for the servers before the CTS so that people know whether the server they are on is going to be around in 6 months or not.

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:23 pm

Which, if we're not careful, will us back to the original discussion we had weeks ago about what they OUGHT to do. For as much good as that does. I still wish they would have offered incentives to get people to spread out rather than crowd the already busy and lag-prone servers.

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:06 pm

wrackspurt wrote:Which, if we're not careful, will us back to the original discussion we had weeks ago about what they OUGHT to do. For as much good as that does. I still wish they would have offered incentives to get people to spread out rather than crowd the already busy and lag-prone servers.
In reality they did not need to close any servers, they could have simply clustered a group of servers around the adventure worlds (Dath, Yavin, Endor, Mustafar and Kashyyyk) and left people on their old homeworlds as DAoC did.

For example if all the West Coast servers shared a single set of adventure worlds and they concentrated on adding heroic content to those worlds while adding small group content (such as the Meatlump series) to the old world areas there would be enough population and content to go around without uprooting communities.

Kirneh
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Kirneh » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:12 pm

Dear Belisama,

if you actually think about moving to Gorath, I may can help you with that decission. Due to the fact of the "unofficial-German-server"-Status, I decided to take that in 2004 to make my home there. Soon after, I placed my house in the city of Mos Exile, Tatooine, just about 1.5k outside of Mos Eisley. That time Mos Exile was one of the oldest and largest cities on Gorath (rumors tell, that KINSAI founded it as the first city at all), with a living community, many shops, 3-4 guilds and regular events. Unfortunately, time has scratched to Mos Exile and the NGE hit us hard. Many people quit the game but left their homes behind, we even lost our "Metropolis" rank. But Mos Exile is still alive... and meanwhile I guess we are the oldest town at all (but I am not sure with that).

After D-Day, we switched the city to the back of the city hall, as there were more space to build up a new and shiny area. Now there is a big plaza surrounded by some shops (like my own Mos Exile Junk Shop) and the cantina. And there is plenty of place to build up new shops, even for large houses or guild halls, although I am not a big fan of generic buildings. But who cares...
For factories and harvesters, we might change the "Flächennutzungsplan" and set an industrial area within the city limits, if you prefer short distances.

Anyway, if you like to have a walk-arround through our streets, you can send me a mail anytime you want and I will lead you. And you can write in german :-) I would like to see your famous shops in our town, as that means we get more business and hopefuly more citizens. It hurts me to see what has become to the town I call "home". Time to change that!

By the way..... as far as my sellings tell me and what I hear of other traders, there is still a good business at our town. And as the outskirts of the town reach up to the city limits of Mos Eisley, it's really a quick ride from there to us, if you want to keep a low profile and don't want to use shuttle to prevent a note on the passenger lists.

Oh, and don't believe, what some people might want to tell you..... there is no evidence of an underground crime organization who operates out of Mos Exile. You can trust me with that.... ;-)

Kirneh Starduster
MASTER SMUGGLER
Mayor of Mos Exile

Oh... what I forgot, some info to Gorath:
Since the start of the free CTS, we see more and more toons on Gorath. That especially can be seen at PvP action. The start of Warhammer drove a lot of people to that game, but now a few of them come back and toons from other servers join Gorath. This leads to more and more interesting battles - and not only in Restuss. While earlier the Rebels mostly won the fights due to better tactics, the scene is now even. The new people use better combat tactics and you can never be sure to win a fight. That brings fun back to the game. And the more people come, the better it gets.
Burn the land, boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me!

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:08 pm

Having played at Gorath since I started in summer of 2004 I can agree, it has a strong German presence, I can make myself understood and I understand what they are talking about, but it is about 30 years since I studied German so...

However, compared to for example Chimaera, where I am about to transfer (paid), Gorath is desolate. Yes, there are players and I also believe there are some strong guilds. But I would certainly not call it a densely populated galaxy. In fact, I was amazed it was not on the departure list, but rumors say SOE looked at 4 areas and split inside these areas, and Gorath is an US-East Coast galaxy so ...

That said, anything can happen now since it is a target galaxy, so don't let me turn you down Beli :)

From Sweden, on a fast line, Gorath has 100-250 ms ping time, usually around 200. Chimaera has 75-150, usually around 90. Useful only in PvP I believe.

Europe galaxies have server resets during Europe nights, if that matters, and all US server reset 12.00 GMT, how many free days have I sat waiting for them to come up again :(

Best wishes

/Zimoon

PS: I haven't moved to Chim yet, just play another toon there for now, making my arrival the more pleasant :)

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:10 pm

Gorath is worth to think about for sure. i don't PvP that much.
To be true - i think i never PvP here before... Nearly sure about that *g*

I will wait and see where my guild and most of my friends land and then check that out.

Und das auf Gorath viele Deutsche sind, weiß ich :)

Gruß
beli
In Memoriam for all BE

Kirneh
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Kirneh » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:51 am

The PvP-Fact I mentioned was just to show you, that there are still customers arround, who purchase new gear on a regular basis, so you will have an ongoing business. If there are people who combat, there are people who need stuff. Also there is still a good RP scene arround.

Gorath may not be as populated as Bria, but I think it is still worth a try :-)

So wait what happens to your home server and discuss with your guildies. Gorath always opens the arms for new folks.

And belonging to the Germans on Gorath.... I have a toon on chimaera. And although I don't really play (it's more for server trades), I recognized that on Chim there are many french and especially russian players, who hesitate to talk at least in english. So it's more like babylon there, where you can read all the main european languages, but you cannot understand what the most people talk. Sorry, but I prefer a less populated Gorath where I understand the harassments... but on Gorath, people are friendly. Mostly.
Burn the land, boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me!

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:01 am

Just a short update:
At the moment it looks like i will move to Starsider.
But half of my guild will move elsewhere :/

Problem is:
One will leave for SS because her main character is in another guild who move to there. (In TOG is only her trader).

The other will move to Eclipse with a bunch of RL people. he want to start a city at a specific spot and that is not possible at SS so thats why they will not go there.

That of course means my guild will break apart :(

And of course: i still need a good spot for my home:
1 large tat style house (my Zoo)
1 generic guildhall (Mall)
and (new) a dinner

That means i can only move to Tat (preferable), Lok or Dant.

Anybody know a new home best close to a shuttle for me ?

Best
beli
In Memoriam for all BE

Ozip
Novice Crafter

Post by Ozip » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:35 pm

Hi,

This may be too late, but I have a tier 5 city on Ahazi that will need alot more people to stay ranked when the house packup happens. It is on Dantooine, Naboo style is what I am trying to keep it, but there are generic and tat styles there. We also have a jedi shrine within out borders, which takes up about 1/4 of our space as no-build zone. It is called Darside Of-The Moon. It is in the southwest of the planet and most of it is in the non-typical yellowish vegetation rather than the purple normal for Dantooine. Once the house packup happens there will be room closer to the shuttle. For now, you would have to place a little distance away. It may be an option for you if you haven't already made the transfer.

Ozip

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:31 pm

Hoi,
Ozip wrote:It may be an option for you if you haven't already made the transfer.Ozip
i arrived at Starsider and already found a lot of nice new customers over there :)
In Memoriam for all BE