Moving too Starsider

Discuss galaxy specific issues.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Memnoc
Intermediate Crafter

Moving too Starsider

Post by Memnoc » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:37 pm

Hey peeps

I wanted too know if anyone on the swgcraft site is playing steady on the starsider server. I have too get things straighten on the bloodfin server and pay my credit card then I'll be moving too the starsider server at the end of August.

I'm looking too hook up I run one account with two crafters ws/as I'd like too get into a crafters guild. Post here if your on starsider.

spiglord
Novice Crafter

Re: Moving too Starsider

Post by spiglord » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:51 am

Hi Memnoc

The CONSORTIUM [TCON] are a small Crafters Guild that moved to Starsider at the back end of last year. We have a deep, rich history in SWG stretching back to pre-beta, and handful of dedicated & friendly players.

For more information check out our forums at http://swg.the-consortium.net/forum/index.php [Send me an email if you register at the site, and I'll grant you access - spiglord@hotmail.com]

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:46 am

Good luck M,

Another way to find Starsider slugs would be to look at the members list, there is a column for galaxy. But that would perhaps not yield the most active players in this universe :mrgreen:

/Zim

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:14 am

Hoi,

TOG (Traders of Goods)is at Starsider.
May i ask what traders you have ?

Best
Beli
Your domestic trader at Starsider TOG Mall: Tat WP -5101 -3308
You have resource for sale ? Check the TOG Holonet Channel for my offer
In Memoriam for all BE

Memnoc
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Memnoc » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:57 pm

I have one account with two crafters a weaponsmith/armoursmith and I'm an active player. On the bloodfin server I find it very difficult too find a crafters guild most guilds from my perspective are pvp driven. I'll be be moving the two crafters too the starsider server at the end of August. Until then I'm selling off my crafted wares and getting ready for the move too my new home starsider.

Maybe Zi and Sav will join me :)

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:37 pm

Hoi,

i can't decide alone if you can join.

In my guild usual we handle it this way: I got an application and forward it to my guild. If everybody say yes the new one can join.
BTW we are a very small guild. Maybe 5 players ;)
If you are serious interested: Read the infos at my blog about the guild and sent a solititation to starsider.belisama :)

Best
Bel
Your domestic trader at Starsider TOG Mall: Tat WP -5101 -3308
You have resource for sale ? Check the TOG Holonet Channel for my offer
In Memoriam for all BE

Tinsel
I came here on the bandwagon

Post by Tinsel » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:53 pm

I moved my main to Starsider about a year and a half ago - paid xfer, no resources - and it was worth every penny (though I was glad to get to move my resources and other characters when that opened too!) It's a great server for anyone to join, but it's especially nice for crafters. It's quite competitive though! I think you'll have a great time as a munitions guy. I've dabbled in smithing on an alt, and it always looks to me that the existing smiths can't keep up with the demand. It's a very special-order kind of profession here, and I've had my best luck filling the pre-made niche. "RP" armor for atab also does exceptionally well. Can't help you in the guild department, but it looks like you'll have that covered!
Haunna Tanotalos, Elder Chef et al.
-4050 +870, Dantooine, Starsider
http://www.jademoon.org

Memnoc
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Memnoc » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:34 am

Belisama wrote:Hoi,

i can't decide alone if you can join.

In my guild usual we handle it this way: I got an application and forward it to my guild. If everybody say yes the new one can join.
BTW we are a very small guild. Maybe 5 players ;)
If you are serious interested: Read the infos at my blog about the guild and sent a solititation to starsider.belisama :)

Best
Bel

I think I'm going to try and find a larger crafting guild so I can get into a hunting group. Five people sounds like I might be left alone on my own alot when I'm an active player.

Plus I've been told that there is a program that will allow you too run two character or trade on the same account. Before the move too the new server I would like too trade what one character has with the other thats on the same server/account.

Does anyone know of the program or how two characters can trade with each other such as shared no trade items.

Tinsel

Post by Tinsel » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:08 pm

Memnoc wrote:Plus I've been told that there is a program that will allow you too run two character or trade on the same account. Before the move too the new server I would like too trade what one character has with the other thats on the same server/account.
Does anyone know of the program or how two characters can trade with each other such as shared no trade items.
A program isn't necessary to run two accounts at once; you only need to follow the instructions here. In fact, you don't even need to download that file, if such things bother you; you can just create it yourself using notepad, and enter the text as shown in the images.

As for shared no-trade items, the character who currently possesses the item needs to place a house, then drop the item in that house. The other character on that account can then enter that house, and pick it up.

NaeBliss
Apprentice Crafter

Post by NaeBliss » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:35 pm

Plus I've been told that there is a program that will allow you too run two character or trade on the same account. Before the move too the new server I would like too trade what one character has with the other thats on the same server/account.

Is this possible 2 char on SAME account running together?

that would be very handy!

Tinsel

Post by Tinsel » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:44 pm

NaeBliss wrote:Is this possible 2 char on SAME account running together?
I think you are right, there - the way his question was worded, I think I may have not answered the one he meant to ask!

SFAIK there is no way to achieve two characters on the same account running together. A program that could do so would not only violate the TOS, but would also be impossible, I think. However, OP, the house trick I mentioned should allow you to trade those items without any such hackery.

Memnoc
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Memnoc » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:05 am

[quote="Tinsel]A program isn't necessary to run two accounts at once; you only need to follow the instructions here. In fact, you don't even need to download that file, if such things bother you; you can just create it yourself using notepad, and enter the text as shown in the images.

As for shared no-trade items, the character who currently possesses the item needs to place a house, then drop the item in that house. The other character on that account can then enter that house, and pick it up.[/quote]

Thank I was able to trade a few items. I'm looking forward too moving to starsider and still looking for a crafting guild.

Tech Twin
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Tech Twin » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:23 pm

Gah. just saw this thread. I'm on starsider and business is consistant at a couple 100k in electronic comps a week with droid sales and accessories in waves. I'm doing great for the amount of effort I put into it. I'm hoping for big things with GU 12.

The Namasoon Zoo as featured on Garva's "Home Show"; Nostalgia from SWG of Old!

Memnoc
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Memnoc » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:04 pm

I did it. I'm on the starsider server just looking for guild and friends.