SOE Customer Information may have been stolen

Comments on the latest news about crafting and Star Wars Galaxies.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

NightCrawler
I've been here for 30 days and all I get is this lousy rank?!?!

Re: SOE Customer Information may have been stolen

Post by NightCrawler » Mon May 09, 2011 10:18 am

XXX hate how they havent up dated us on what there doing or even an aprox time fram when SWG will be back up.

Would love if they,like, made the game go into 2xspeed when the stuff is up and running. Make us walk/drive faster, make it so RLS drops twice as often, Take away the instances cool down timers. Give everyone a 1 month free subscription, and not linked to that account, this way i can open up another account for a month atleast. Who knows, maybe ill realy enjoy having these extra alts and ill keep them up once the free sub is gone.
Last edited by Zimoon on Mon May 09, 2011 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed foul language

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Mon May 09, 2011 11:00 am

NightCrawler wrote:Give everyone a 1 month free subscription, and not linked to that account, this way i can open up another account for a month atleast. Who knows, maybe ill realy enjoy having these extra alts and ill keep them up once the free sub is gone.
They are giving every current subscriber 1 month free subscription, but probably tied to the account, yes.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon May 09, 2011 11:41 am

IMHO the communication has been pretty straight forward but it can be argued whether facebook is the best channel. Either way, Sony told us somewhat of what we can expect, whereof a free month is one thing and was it a week top-up on the account is another. My wild guess is that one of the two applies also to hibernated accounts so we have a fair chance to login and change passwords and other data, as well as to verify that characters and belongings are intact.

Why not saying an exact date? I would not do that until I am 100% certain the date won't slip, simple as that. News media report a massive change of certain technology (read that as anything with security and that is related to managing customer-data of any kind) and I can inform you that transferring data is not as straight forward as one may hope for, on the contrary it usually involves converting formats only to find that "woohaa why did this not convert? Ouch, the new stuff does not support some characters of the wookeeze language," etc. Having to announce a date slip is even worse than being a bit fuzzy because that really breaks down any remaining trust there might be. Human psychology in its best, it is strongly driven by rewards and broken-expectations, both rule our dopamine levels :lol:

So, because SOE knows that very well you can expect repeated double-XP and whatever other "rewards" they can possibly imagine to calm us down and lure us back into the game we love to hate but yet love 8)

Zimoon

ziso
Novice Crafter

Post by ziso » Mon May 09, 2011 12:50 pm

As long as they have frozen ingame stuff like vendor listings, resource spawns, maintenence on harvesters/structures it should all be okay.

My vendors were due for relisting last Saturday (have so many traders and vendors i need a spreadsheet to keep track lol). I know i have 25-35 days of stockroom etc but if they havent frozen the servers and they are down for longer than this and people start losing all thier stock etc, it will be game over for alot of us as would involve far to much time, resources and effort to start all over again as just my Beast master vendors hold about 500 million + worth of stock and close to 4200 cap limit.

Update on this would be nice of them to put us at ease

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon May 09, 2011 2:10 pm

ziso wrote:As long as they have frozen ingame stuff like vendor listings, resource spawns, maintenence on harvesters/structures it should all be okay.

My vendors were due for relisting last Saturday (have so many traders and vendors i need a spreadsheet to keep track lol). I know i have 25-35 days of stockroom etc but if they havent frozen the servers and they are down for longer than this and people start losing all thier stock etc, it will be game over for alot of us as would involve far to much time, resources and effort to start all over again as just my Beast master vendors hold about 500 million + worth of stock and close to 4200 cap limit.

Update on this would be nice of them to put us at ease
If they have not frozen the servers I guess we need to spam the poor GM:s with tickets and ask for a roll-back to the point where they shut down everything. Such a roll-back should not harm anybody since nobody could login, only harvesters could gather something ... until full 8)

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Mon May 09, 2011 5:57 pm

As long as the servers are truly "shutdown", there will be no need for a "rollback" because nothing in the game will have advanced.

ziso
Novice Crafter

Post by ziso » Tue May 10, 2011 6:22 am

As long as the capped OQ/DR Radioactive ive been waiting 3.5 years + for didnt spawn last week im okay lol