Get MyRes work with this site

Ideas and discussions on third party tools and utilities

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Get MyRes work with this site

Post by Zimoon » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:33 pm

Since this site exports its data in the very same format as the old site did it is easy to setup MyRes to work with this site.

Open Settings and edit the bottom two URLs, replace the .com/ with .co.uk/dev/. Change nothing else. Save and you are fine.

What is MyRes?

MyRes is a great resource/schematic utility that was developed during the year prior to NGE, when I lost contact with Wendano, the developer. Since it is possible to edit schematics yourself it has been possible to continue using it in spite of in-game changes to many of them. Features (a few of them):
  • Resource download from SWGCraft
  • User edited filters that can alarm on certain stats
  • Guards on resources you harvest
  • Schematics browser which presents the best resources each line
  • Inventory database
  • Personal groups of schematics
  • English and German
The reason I begun pottering with SWGAide is that MyRes is no longer maintained and it has some bugs. But I hold MyRes in high esteem and in due you will surely see SWGAide "stealing" many ideas from MyRes, all credits to Wendano.

Download MyRes

Cheers

/Zimoon

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Re: Get MyRes work with this site

Post by Belisama » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:25 pm

Hoi,

any idea how i can bring MYRes to don't forget this settings when i close it ?

best
beli
Your domestic trader at Starsider TOG Mall: Tat WP -5101 -3308
You have resource for sale ? Check the TOG Holonet Channel for my offer
In Memoriam for all BE

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:36 pm

So it doesn't work for you? And you typed exactly in the example above? Not the slightest character is different?

I found at some experimenting that if I replaced %SERVER% with anything else it did not work. Possibly there are other characters it is picky about.

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:50 pm

For die hards, MyRes stores its settings in the Windows' Registry. Possibly something can be wrong with that. I must admit that I am not a Windows' intrinsics doctor but I found the settings in the registry. I believe you, whoever you are, must feel confident enough or have a good friend to help you with this.

Run "regedit" from the Startup button >> "Run". Find the path (note that I do not have an English version of Windows so the names may be translated slightly wrong here)

Code: Select all

This Computer \ HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ MyRes
Edit the two keys "CurRess" and "Status" so they refer to swgcraft.co.uk/dev/
They should read

CurRess: http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/sendfile.php?file=currentresources_%SERVER%.csv.gz

respectively.

In "regedit" continue to search for "MyRes" until you find more locations with the same information and edit those in the same way. That will likely be at paths such as

This Computer \ HKEY_USERS \ a-long-key \ MyRes
This should help.

Possibly the installation is broken and hence the information in the registry is broken, MyRes do not find the info or it finds the wrong information. A possibility can be to uninstall and install again, taking backups of the database files of course.

/Zimoon

Rommel
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Rommel » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:18 pm

Where do we get the schematics to import?

I can't wait for SWGAid to have some of the features of myres, I can't stand all the crashing myres likes to do.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:19 pm

I have changed my ISP so I guess the ugly page I had for them is gone. The schematics XML was pre-NGE and not complete.

We have been talking loosely on a new format for a new XML which it would be possible to compile every now and then at this awesome site /wink Slybuno

I will try to upload the old xml file to my google based site where SWGAide is this weekend.

To avoid the crashes, try to see when it is doing some background task with the resource tables as it seems to crash when a user clicks anything when it does something, I guess the threading was not too safely coded. I can tell you, it is not an easy task to allow for user input while at the same time updating data in the background. That is what I have been and continue to struggle with, along with some bugs found every now and then.

/Zimoon

NarfBlinko
Novice Crafter

Post by NarfBlinko » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:21 am

Is it a bug in MyRes that it does not put the Mustafar resources in the tree, even though I have it correctly downloading all the files from this site, now?
Narf
Keeper of the Pilot FAQ

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:43 am

That is possible, have you tried the resourcetree XML file at http://simongronlund.googlepages.com/swgresourcefiles ? That file will break the consider-caps for some reason but possibly the Mustafar resources will show up.

Remember that MyRes was abandoned by its developer before Mustafar (ToOW) due to some idiots hacking his site, which was very cool and ... yeah I liked the site, it had a forum and a feature where users could submit hotspots for current resources (not very much used though, I guess everybody called their friends first and then ... possibly submitted the waypoint).

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:45 am

Zimoon wrote:For die hards, MyRes stores its settings in the Windows' Registry. Possibly something can be wrong with that. I must admit that I am not a Windows' intrinsics doctor but I found the settings in the registry. I believe you, whoever you are, must feel confident enough or have a good friend to help you with this.

Run "regedit" from the Startup button >> "Run". Find the path (note that I do not have an English version of Windows so the names may be translated slightly wrong here)

This Computer \ HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ MyRes
Edit the two keys "CurRess" and "Status" so they refer to swgcraft.co.uk/dev/
They should read

CurRess: http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/sendfile.php?file=currentresources_%SERVER%.csv.gz

respectively.

In "regedit" continue to search for "MyRes" until you find more locations with the same information and edit those in the same way. That will likely be at paths such as

This Computer \ HKEY_USERS \ a-long-key \ MyRes
This should help.

Possibly the installation is broken and hence the information in the registry is broken, MyRes do not find the info or it finds the wrong information. A possibility can be to uninstall and install again, taking backups of the database files of course.
By the way, you guys that had problems with MyRes remembering data. Did this stuff with the Windows Registry help or not? Can always be good for others to know what is good and what is not.

/Zimoon

NarfBlinko
Novice Crafter

Post by NarfBlinko » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:49 pm

Zimoon wrote:That is possible, have you tried the resourcetree XML file at http://simongronlund.googlepages.com/swgresourcefiles ? That file will break the consider-caps for some reason but possibly the Mustafar resources will show up.

Remember that MyRes was abandoned by its developer before Mustafar (ToOW) due to some idiots hacking his site, which was very cool and ... yeah I liked the site, it had a forum and a feature where users could submit hotspots for current resources (not very much used though, I guess everybody called their friends first and then ... possibly submitted the waypoint).

/Zimoon
I'll try it.

The resources show up in the resource data, but in the actual tree up above, they don't. Very annoying, and probably due to the resource being out of date.

It is easy enough to check everything on Mustafar, though, since the resource data sorts nicely by planet.

Of course, this is all just stop-gap measures until you update SWGAide with these functions. *grin*
Narf
Keeper of the Pilot FAQ