JnF Resource Manager

Ideas and discussions on third party tools and utilities

Moderator: Forum Moderator

oneyank
Novice Crafter

JnF Resource Manager

Post by oneyank » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:46 pm

I recently downloaded this utility on the advice of Onyx. It looks to be useful, however, I am wondering is there a way to make it point to this website to download the current resources rather that old swgcraft site?

I understand that this is not directly related ot the current site, however, I fell that is related to it.

Thank you for looking into this.

Cordially,

Edmind de-Avalon
Bria, SWG

Holden
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Holden » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:13 am

Yes, there is.

Oh, you want to know how? :lol:

On the GetFromSWGCraft tab, replace all instances of "www.swgcraft.com/" with "www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/". (You can use Ctrl-H, search and replace, to do this.)

In H3 & H4 on that same tab, the end of the string should say something like "MID(G3,43,100)". See that 43? Replace it with a 49. It should now say:

H3:

Code: Select all

='Control Panel'!B11&"\"&MID(G3,49,100)
H4:

=MID(G3,49,100)
Ok, one last step and you're done:

Go to Tools-Macro-Visual Basic Editor. A new window should open. At the top left is a pane named "Project - VBAProject". In that pane, scroll down until you see the Modules folder. Expand Modules and doubleclick DataImportFunctions. A new window should open in the main area on the right.

In this new window, search (ctrl-f) for status.txt. You should see a line that looks something like:

DownloadBinaryFromURL "http://www.swgcraft.com/sendfile.php?file=status.txt", hFileLocation
Replace the URL with the .co.uk status file. It should look like:

DownloadBinaryFromURL "http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/public/status.txt", hFileLocation
That should be all there is to it. Be sure to save your changes.

Of course, the tool, while flexible, is wildly out of date as far as schematics (and Mustafarian resources). You might want to take a look at Z's SWGAide - it's still pre-release, but looks promising. If there are features you want added, he seems to be pretty open to suggestions.

koyvar
Novice Crafter

Post by koyvar » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:46 am

Care to share where you downloaded it? :)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:33 am

You mean download SWGAide? In my signature :)

Yes, I am open to all suggestions, there is also a thread just beside this one which kind of outlines my closest plans. At the moment I am adding support for ISDroids, uploading data to this site in a neat way. It is progressing just fine, just that real life takes more time at the moment than it used to, my mother-i-law fell under a car so my wife got her hands full and I needa step up a bit. Having two teenage sons always hungry you know :P

Plans are still to release another version late this week with enhanced support for ISDroids, even more to be added in succeeding releases. After ISDroids resource and schematic support will be added.

/Z

oneyank
Novice Crafter

Post by oneyank » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:25 am

Here is where I downloaded JnF Resource Manager..very large excel file, can be quite intimidating at first.

http://www.swg-piloten.com/html/craftin ... ement.html

Though Zimoon's SWGAide looks very promising. Combining The Merchants Friend with a picture album, survey droid reports and hopefully coming soon, a resource manager..could be the all in one tool that i have been looking for...

oneyank
Novice Crafter

Post by oneyank » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:38 am

Holden wrote:Of course, the tool, while flexible, is wildly out of date as far as schematics (and Mustafarian resources). You might want to take a look at Z's SWGAide - it's still pre-release, but looks promising. If there are features you want added, he seems to be pretty open to suggestions.
Yeah, was kinda wondering how to clean it up..figured id poke around it a bit and see what i could do with it, though i am by no means a programer of any sorts...

thank you for your help in getting me set up to where i can at least downlad the latest resources.